Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

OPEN RELATIONSHIPS

Toyo

Yeah so just how the topic states, how do y’all feel about open relationships? If you partner says she wants an open relationship, what would be your response? 

For me it’s a no no, cos I actually just see that as an excuse to cheat, and have sexual relations with others 

Open relationship you say..

People actually do that? 😞

#yawns😥

But then on a second thought, what's wrong with trying new things😁

2 hours ago, DipBluSae said:

Open relationship you say..

People actually do that? 😞

#yawns😥

But then on a second thought, what's wrong with trying new things😁

Lmao 

2 hours ago, Teewhy said:

Open relationship? Aunty, kuku tell me you wantu leave.

Lmao you are so right, cos that’s more like it 

I believe that we are all polyamorous in nature. Men, women, everyone but some are more than others and some still are better able to tame their wild instinct.

But then again, I'd like to think we have those who are naturally monogamous and those who are naturally polygamous. After all nature is diverse.

Fidelity is a struggle for so many, while for others it's not.

For some people, being in open relationship is the ideal. Forcing themselves to be in monogamous relationships will only make them serial Cheats.

Personally I won't mind being in an open relationship not because I'm unable to tame my wild instinct (okay maybe lol) but for the thrill.

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Damiee said:

Lol. 

I’d rather be single than be in an open relationship. 

Hahahaha I see...

I have conflicting feelings about open relationships. I get the argument for why its not a bad idea. But the argument for why it IS A BAD idea is one I haven't seen.

Anyone?

Personally, right now (as opinions are known to change), I think asking a partner for an open relationship is selfish and disrespectful.

But I also think wanting to nack other people while in a relationship is not a bad thing. Its normal even. Mostly when the sexual chemistry is gone from the relationship and all that's left is commitment and love.

What do you do then?

Just now, Hawken said:

I have conflicting feelings about open relationships. I get the argument for why its not a bad idea. But the argument for why it IS A BAD idea is one I haven't seen.

Anyone?

Personally, right now (as opinions are known to change), I think asking a partner for an open relationship is selfish and disrespectful.

But I also think wanting to nack other people while in a relationship is not a bad thing. Its normal even. Mostly when the sexual chemistry is gone from the relationship and all that's left is commitment and love.

What do you do then?

If wanting to knack other people while in a relationship is so normal. Not wanting to knack them is abnormal then am guessing.. I wonder what kind of relationship will survive or even develop to anything tangible with infidelity.. or Openness as they call it. So many absurd things are now normal aswear..

If you lose your spice in sex and still in love which I really don't understand except it's an invalid, then you would want to spice up your sexual life a bit..

Right now and in the days to come, lol heck no way am doing open anything.. In a relationship, I want everything for myself and am sure many others feels this way too, and this is what normal is..

But amazingly some relationships actually survives a third party.. which intrigues me.

• Moderators

Let me put a twist to this:

If you happened to be in an open relationship and by chance you contracted an STD from your primary relationship partner. Would you be upset? If it's a Yes, Why? 

4 hours ago, DipBluSae said:

If wanting to knack other people while in a relationship is so normal. Not wanting to knack them is abnormal then am guessing..

Just because you are in a relationship doesn't mean you become blind to other people. Nor does it stop you from becoming sexually attracted to other people. What counts is whether you act on it those feelings.

Also, you can totally be in love with someone and not be sexually attracted to them anymore. You say spice, what if the spice needed is a 3rd body? 😂

Open relationships to me are selfish but we live in a era where selfishness is been encouraged. "Why should I ignore my baser desires just to spare my partners feelings? Do my feelings and wants not count too? YOLO so I can't come to life to starve myself."

Monogamous relationships are even just as selfish, if not even more. You insist that your partner is not allowed to stepout irrespective of whether you can satisfy all their needs. If you really love your partner and care about their happiness, why not let them get from other people what your relationship is no longer able to provide?

Someone pointed out that some people are more predisposed to monogamy than others and I think that's true. So the best thing to do is to find someone who shares the same understanding with you where relationships (open or otherwise) are concerned.

11 hours ago, Hawken said:

Just because you are in a relationship doesn't mean you become blind to other people. Nor does it stop you from becoming sexually attracted to other people. What counts is whether you act on it those feelings.

Also, you can totally be in love with someone and not be sexually attracted to them anymore. You say spice, what if the spice needed is a 3rd body? 😂

Open relationships to me are selfish but we live in a era where selfishness is been encouraged. "Why should I ignore my baser desires just to spare my partners feelings? Do my feelings and wants not count too? YOLO so I can't come to life to starve myself."

Monogamous relationships are even just as selfish, if not even more. You insist that your partner is not allowed to stepout irrespective of whether you can satisfy all their needs. If you really love your partner and care about their happiness, why not let them get from other people what your relationship is no longer able to provide?

Someone pointed out that some people are more predisposed to monogamy than others and I think that's true. So the best thing to do is to find someone who shares the same understanding with you where relationships (open or otherwise) are concerned.

Hawken, it's not everyone, many a lot of people but definitely not everyone..

I have never in my entire teenage and adult years become sexually attracted to someone I am not physically attracted to. When am in a relationship Ma'am, I don't notice anyone else.

No am not blind to other people, I know people are awesome, smart and fun to be with but romantically & sexually is a no no and for that I love to keep my distance. Some people are like that. The time I become romantically attracted to someone else is the time am either not in a relationship or it is no longer working and needs to be shut down.. Like I said it's not everyone..

If I love my partner I'd let them leave once they are indeed tired.. not allow them to f**k everything in skirts and panties and still expect me to touch them.. Igba! It's disgusting nah.. The thought of someone else sleeping with my partner is enough to make me hate my partner sef.. How can I look at them and tell them all those sweet sweet things nah.. nawa o.. 😄

You are right about people being monogamous.. I am well aware. I don't know anyway else..

Open relationship is heck no! Closed imfidelity is even worse sef..😐

Abeg I don tire to type. I don't like what I hate biko😁

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hhmmmmmmmmm.  It actually works for some people tho.  But why open relationship, why don't u stay single and hook up with as many girls as you can..... Being a relationship shows you want to be commitment to someone. I would rather stay single and hook up,  ones in a long while.  When konji raise it's ugly head,  but cheating!  I can never do that!!