Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

NL Accountability Network

kimi

• Moderators

Hi girls,

So I was thinking of how we can all really be a support system for one another and this came to mind. While I love the concept, let me have your thoughts as well..

I do believe at one point or another we are usually 'dealing/working' to improve a certain aspect of our lives. Sometimes, we do not follow-through because we were in it alone. Yep, all we had was ourselves to parent ourselves. (Which technically should be adequate but usually isn't once we tell ourselves we'll indulge and continue the next day/week/year. Lol.

Why do it alone? That's the very essence of this post. 

So... this thread is going to be dedicated to the achievement of our short-medium term goals. In 2 easy steps:

Share your goal here (one at a time preferrably; it helps to not focus on too many things at a time). 

Then you check in daily to give us all an update on your successes (no success is small) and some detail about what you've done to bring yourself closer to your goal for that day. 

I would moderate. By this, I mean I would tag members who haven't given their daily check in updates so that we are all reminded daily that your accountability buddies are looking out for you 😊🙄

Great idea? 

• Moderators

Hahahaha. I figured. 

I was thinking in the line of say: diet plan or a certain habit etc... 😐

3 hours ago, Hawken said:

Great idea.. But society is all about "silent moves" now. *shrugs*

True that Hawk..

Silent moves is the best way to go these days..

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, kimi said:

Hahahaha. I figured. 

I was thinking in the line of say: diet plan or a certain habit etc... 😐

Even at that,you'd be judged based on the information you offer. These streets are mean yo. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Ivyy said:

Even at that,you'd be judged based on the information you offer. These streets are mean yo. 

Hahahahaha. Preach sista! Peace yo 😇

Wonderful idea!! I buy into it. Let's see, still thinking on which goal to focus on.

Okay! I want to take exercising seriously. You know that kind of tummy that is so flat, you can use it to chop onions? I want that.

Kim Kardashian kind of ass, I need that. 

So jogging in the mornings, sit ups and a little bit of squats. Body goals abeg. I just want to be a work out junkie or something. Edakun EPP me. EPP.. EPP.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, vina said:

This arch bishop's laugh is the exact thing ivyy warned us about..  

Imagine!!!

Hahahahaha. No o... I laughed becauae I wasn't sure if you were being serious ni. Lol 

• Moderators

Hahaha. Sorry about my laugh. For some reaaon you always make me laugh 😊

Okay... here's what we will do but you must promise to do this exercise:

Step 1: "I will get up at (time you wish to get up to jog) to exercise and it will be fun and exciting. I will enjoy every bit of it as I daydream about doing this with my future partner."

Physically write the above sentence 50times, mean every word of it and bring the words to life through imagination as you write each one. Write it from the core of your heart. Your unconscious is where you want the message to be so that the urge and eagerness comes naturally. Repetition has been proven to achieve this. I chose 50 because it seemed just right for you. Your desire (demonstrated by meaning every word) is the activator. It's why you must mean every word of it and feel it in your chest. 

Let me know when this is done. Then we move on to Step 2.

3 hours ago, kimi said:

Hahahaha. I'm a child of the universe. An instrument of God's love... 🙄

Nuh uh..

There's more.. 🙃

10 hours ago, kimi said:

Hahaha. Sorry about my laugh. For some reaaon you always make me laugh 😊

Okay... here's what we will do but you must promise to do this exercise:

Step 1: "I will get up at (time you wish to get up to jog) to exercise and it will be fun and exciting. I will enjoy every bit of it as I daydream about doing this with my future partner."

Physically write the above sentence 50times, mean every word of it and bring the words to life through imagination as you write each one. Write it from the core of your heart. Your unconscious is where you want the message to be so that the urge and eagerness comes naturally. Repetition has been proven to achieve this. I chose 50 because it seemed just right for you. Your desire (demonstrated by meaning every word) is the activator. It's why you must mean every word of it and feel it in your chest. 

Let me know when this is done. Then we move on to Step 2.

Chai!! The lazy part of me just laughed and whispered to me "no way in hell I am doing this"

But then again, I can!! I will!!