Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Yarns - Do you agree?

FlyJ

• Administrators

Popular entrepreneur, Akin Alabi is of the opinion that if you let people who offend you go free, other people will see you as weak and take advantage. 

See Akin Alabi

See Akin Alabi

ISee Akin Alabi

Source

What are your thoughts ladies?

• Moderators

Lool. Different strokes. I'm a firm believer of "hold no one captive". Why keep yourself in a constant state of tension or lose your peace because of another? Unforgiveness is a different type of bondage.

I do understand that certain hurts are deep especially when it comes from someone dear. At the end of the day, we must do ourselves a favour by letting go. In those situations, I tell myself, "it's them who should be ashamed for how they have treated me". The truth will always remain the truth even if one may insist on living in delusion. 

📿

It takes a lot for someone to even hurt me to start with. It's a power I do not give everyone. That said, if you hurt me, my best revenge is cutting you out of my life.

Revenge is not for me, just too much work.

Speaks a lot for someone who has Donald Trump as his hero..

I have mixed feelings about this cos the  Akin Alabi that i have know is a nice person.

Like @kimi said, "Different strokes for different folks"

One thing i do know is that, most of the time, kindness is Accompanied with forgiveness.😀😃

I totally agree with him. Emphasis on when the person who wronged you doesn't apologize or feel remorseful.

Experience they say is the best teacher. If you cut me and I cut you right back, you are going to know that cutting hurts. You are going to know that you can't just cut people and get away with it. So maybe next time before you cut someone else you'll think twice.

Also, my plans of "doing you back" will not stop me from having peace of mind. Hell, just the thought of my plans for you probably puts a smile on my face.

If humans were more scared of repercussions, this world would be a saner place.

So yes, this drug dealer mentality is the way to go.

Love it.

1 hour ago, Hawken said:

I totally agree with him. Emphasis on when the person who wronged you doesn't apologize or feel remorseful.

Experience they say is the best teacher. If you cut me and I cut you right back, you are going to know that cutting hurts. You are going to know that you can't just cut people and get away with it. So maybe next time before you cut someone else you'll think twice.

Also, my plans of "doing you back" will not stop me from having peace of mind. Hell, just the thought of my plans for you probably puts a smile on my face.

If humans were more scared of repercussions, this world would be a saner place.

So yes, this drug dealer mentality is the way to go.

Love it.

You don't have the heart to see it through Hawk..🙃

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Hawken said:

Hahahahaha..smh

Humans would always be humans and you can’t expect everyone to apologize when they do hurtful things...they should yes but they won’t 

Now keeping those things in your head just for revenge is just stressful for you not them but you. Forgiveness is emphasized so much because it frees your mind holding the wrongs others have done is just mentally stressful and not worth it at all