Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Donald Duke promises protection of LGBT community from Nigerian law

Hipstar

Former governor of Cross River State, Donald Duke has said that he would ensure that gays in society have full protection of the law. He disclosed this in a recent interview with Falz and Laila on the viral show ‘On The Couch’.

The 2019 presidential hopeful said: “I think we are an under-performing and under-achieving nation and the basis of our problem is poor leadership”.

On the contentious issue of the LGBT, especially in Nigeria, the former governor said he would not criminalise them.

He said, “I don’t understand the emotional feelings a gay person would have toward someone of their sexuality.

“I don’t understand it. But I would not criminalise them. I would ensure that they have the protection of the law.”

However, Duke said that, should they “exhibit their sexuality, then that’s an affront on the current norms of society.”

http://africanprobe.com/2018/08/27/donald-duke-promises-protection-lgbt-community-nigerian-law/

"I arrived at New York and went through the airport, and at the passenger rank, two guys came together and were kissing. Keep it in your house. I'm sorry" -Donal Duke

But the straights can do it yes?

"I'm talking about the norms of society. The day you try and kiss me, the slap I'll slap you ehn. Don't even try it. - Donald Duke

On a serious interview?

"You cannot jettison the norms of society. There are certain things you'll do in America or in England or Nigeria that you cannot do in Saudi Arabia, for instance, and you've got to respect the norms of the society.

Did you think, that these societies has/will not always be/been like that. Transient.

Obviously he does not believe there's a voting gay community. But how many other aspirants believe so?

10 hours ago, Calllaris said:

"I'm talking about the norms of society. The day you try and kiss me, the slap I'll slap you ehn. Don't even try it. - Donald Duke

this one think say every gay guy want to kiss am. Hehehe 

People that use the 'norm of the society' to support their sentiments are so myopic. Like they have no idea it was once societal norms to own slaves, to burn apostates, to hang witches, to kill albinos, and other inhuman f***kery. This set of people refuse to know that people made up this so called 'societal norm' and can f***king change these norms as human evolved. 

We saw the aspirant from afar and knew exactly who he is. We read between the lines.

He had to take a stand yesterday and see where he stood;

eqtcm8.jpg