Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Bill Cosby Sentenced to Jail

Calllaris

11250jt.jpg

After 60 accusers, a stand-up comedy routine that brought the allegations into the national spotlight, and two trials, Bill Cosby was sentenced to 3 to 10 years in prison on Sept. 25, 2018, for drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand in 2004.

Known for decades as "America's Dad," the nation watched as Cosby was labeled a "sexually violent predator" then led away in handcuffs.

"For decades, the defendant has been able to hide his true self and hide his crimes using his fame and fortune. He's hidden behind a character created, Dr. Cliff Huxtable," Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin Steele said. "Finally, Bill Cosby has been unmasked, and we have seen the real man as he is headed off to prison." 

For many of his accusers, Cosby's sentence was a day of reckoning, though for very few others, like his publicist, Andrew Wyatt, it was "the most racist and sexist trial in the history of the United States."

- culled

Nickiswift.com

2w53ebd.jpg

Former model Janice Dickinson, who accused Bill Cosby of drugging and raping her in 1982, was present at the trial, seated in the second row behind Andrea Constand.

During the final court proceedings she got an opportunity for revenge when she looked at Cosby and said, "See, I got the last laugh pal.". Security threatened to throw her out for this anyway.

Immediately after the sentence, Dickinson released a statement  (which the judge did not allow her to read in open court) through her attorney, Lisa Bloom. "The harrowing memory of the rape continues to this day," Dickinson said. "I have reoccurring nightmares, I wake up in fear, I fear the dark. I struggle to discuss this even with my beloved husband of six years." Revealing that the rape "shattered" her ability to trust and forced her to move out of the country to never see Cosby again, she says what happened in 1982 will forever be "etched" into her soul.

On 9/28/2018 at 5:46 AM, Calllaris said:

Nickiswift.com

2w53ebd.jpg

Former model Janice Dickinson, who accused Bill Cosby of drugging and raping her in 1982, was present at the trial, seated in the second row behind Andrea Constand.

During the final court proceedings she got an opportunity for revenge when she looked at Cosby and said, "See, I got the last laugh pal.". Security threatened to throw her out for this anyway.

Immediately after the sentence, Dickinson released a statement  (which the judge did not allow her to read in open court) through her attorney, Lisa Bloom. "The harrowing memory of the rape continues to this day," Dickinson said. "I have reoccurring nightmares, I wake up in fear, I fear the dark. I struggle to discuss this even with my beloved husband of six years." Revealing that the rape "shattered" her ability to trust and forced her to move out of the country to never see Cosby again, she says what happened in 1982 will forever be "etched" into her soul.

I advice you to let go, Dickinson