Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Abuse amongst lgbtqi

Guest Exquisite

Guest Exquisite

Lately I have been thinking a lot about the issue of abuse amongst lgbtqi which is sadly more rampant than anyone of us agrees to admit. From the excessively controlling ones, to the verbal abusers, the emotional blackmailers, the mental and physical abusers, the chronic possessiveness, the "helpless" attractor of abuser after abuser into their life, the list goes on.

First, Abuser, why do you abuse your girlfriend?

Second, Abused, why do you stay on with abusive people?

Third, Survivers of abuse, when did you first decide that the relationship was abusive,  how did you find the courage to move on?

Fourth, Everyone else, what are subtle forms of abuse? Just in case some people think only when she hits you physically can it be called abuse. How do you spot an abusive person? Are there usually clues?

I could have posted this on the main forum but I felt most people would feel more comfortable opening up anonymously about something this sensitive.

That's about it. Let's get this conversation rolling! And please feel free to ask more questions in case I omitted any that bothers you on this issue.

You can't claim to love someone and abuse the person. Abuse is not just physical abuse, some people abuse their partners emotionally and verbally. I think the last two forms of abuse(s) are worst. I can't abuse myself, thus I can't abuse someone I claim to love as myself. If she claims to love you and still abuse you in any form, then that is infatuation or whatever. Relationship should be about building each other to greater heights dazall

Guest Genevieve

I think people stay in abusive relationship for a whole lot of reasons. It's a psychological problem that needs to be fixed. They feel that they deserve the abuse and even grow to reverence their abusers. It's easy to judge from the outside but it's a whole battle on its own.

I have heard of cases where the abused was forcefully removed from the abuser but kept running back to him. It's a pity that we do not take mental health seriously in Nigeria and we do need more shrinks and counselors.

I was once beaten to a pulp by an ex and It wasn't a funny experience. Pheww.

On 10/24/2018 at 1:44 PM, Guest Exquisite said:

Lately I have been thinking a lot about the issue of abuse amongst lgbtqi which is sadly more rampant than anyone of us agrees to admit. From the excessively controlling ones, to the verbal abusers, the emotional blackmailers, the mental and physical abusers, the chronic possessiveness, the "helpless" attractor of abuser after abuser into their life, the list goes on.

First, Abuser, why do you abuse your girlfriend?

Second, Abused, why do you stay on with abusive people?

Third, Survivers of abuse, when did you first decide that the relationship was abusive,  how did you find the courage to move on?

Fourth, Everyone else, what are subtle forms of abuse? Just in case some people think only when she hits you physically can it be called abuse. How do you spot an abusive person? Are there usually clues?

I could have posted this on the main forum but I felt most people would feel more comfortable opening up anonymously about something this sensitive.

That's about it. Let's get this conversation rolling! And please feel free to ask more questions in case I omitted any that bothers you on this issue.

If you have not done any of those things you listed up there even to a minimum the you must be an angel or.. a liar

You can actually abuse someone without knowing. From withholding what they want from you, to wanting them to yourself while unable to give them nothing in return, and/ using that "tone" on them. There is no one who does not in one way or the other abuse their lover even if they are blind to it. It is only when it becomes an attitude that puts the blame on the partner the abused partner or fail to realize and work on it, then that's a problem. Physical abuse itself however is always a problem.

Guest US Tomboi
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:50 AM, Guest Alone said:

If you have not done any of those things you listed up there even to a minimum the you must be an angel or.. a liar

You can actually abuse someone without knowing. From withholding what they want from you, to wanting them to yourself while unable to give them nothing in return, and/ using that "tone" on them. There is no one who does not in one way or the other abuse their lover even if they are blind to it. It is only when it becomes an attitude that puts the blame on the partner the abused partner or fail to realize and work on it, then that's a problem. Physical abuse itself however is always a problem.

Would withholding sex or love making be considered abuse? If so I've been guilty of that. But I get my way 😃

19 hours ago, Guest US Tomboi said:

Would withholding sex or love making be considered abuse? If so I've been guilty of that. But I get my way 😃

Are we drunk?

Guest US Tomboi
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:24 PM, Guest Tiwa said:

Are we drunk?

Never drunk. Slightly intoxicated sometimes. I don't think holding out is wrong when you're really not in the mood. If you piss me off the shop is closed for business.

Guest You alone
On 10/28/2018 at 8:43 PM, Guest US Tomboi said:

Withholding sex is actually abuse when it's intent is to punish your lover..

What is abuse again.. it is punishment nah of any form.

Guest US Tomboi
16 hours ago, Guest You alone said:

Withholding sex is actually abuse when it's intent is to punish your lover..

What is abuse again.. it is punishment nah of any form.

You're right.

Guest Burgundy

All the femmes that know nothing about Seduction gat another think coming their way... Seduce her Joe. How can she say she wants no sex?

Guest You alone
10 minutes ago, Guest Burgundy said:

All the femmes that know nothing about Seduction gat another think coming their way... Seduce her Joe. How can she say she wants no sex?

I hope you are not the type that beats someone in the morning.. and expects them to sleep with you in the afternoon. Stop saying seduction. It starts in the mind.

Guest Burgundy
40 minutes ago, Guest You alone said:

I hope you are not the type that beats someone in the morning.. and expects them to sleep with you in the afternoon. Stop saying seduction. It starts in the mind.

Are u bored baby? Missing me?

51 minutes ago, Guest You alone said:

Touché! My favorite wine for you. You would drink from a golden goblet. 

Guest You alone
44 minutes ago, Guest Burgundy said:

Are u bored baby? Missing me?

I don't miss you.. you're not in every single thing I do..

Guest You alone
35 minutes ago, Guest Nyte said:

Touché! My favorite wine for you. You would drink from a golden goblet. 

I'll take that.. is it non-alcoholic? ☺

Guest Burgundy
5 hours ago, Guest You alone said:

I don't miss you.. you're not in every single thing I do..

O? Then I'm in somethings u do! I knew it!. I dont Love u to pieces

Guest You alone
5 hours ago, Guest Zolo said:

Benefits of anonymous.

Talking to yourself.

Respond to yourself 

Only a jobless fellow would..☺

Guest You and me
6 hours ago, Guest Zolo said:

Benefits of anonymous.

Talking to yourself.

Respond to yourself