Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Love is enough, because come to think of it, it's the absence of love (growing out of emotions for the said partner) that led to the brokenness of that very relationship in the first place.. So, if it could break it, then it can also fix it.

6 hours ago, dequeen said:

If you think love is not enough, what more do y'all think should be added??

I hate to say this but while love is important, love+money is importanter.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Hawken said:

I hate to say this but while love is important, love+money is importanter.

😂 Which combo is importantest then??

• Haha 1

Love is never enough, it's usually overrated, love just like every other emotions weans of at some point and if there's nothing else to keep you guys going you'd be stuck. 

People need to stop putting alot of pressure on love and learn to add other feelings to sustain it, like respect, dedication and self control 

If you love someone you should be able to respect them so that when love isn't there anymore the respect you have for them will stop you from wanting to hurt them which usually is the case especially in our community. 

If you're dedicated to someone you will only wanna do what makes them happy, always wanting to do what is good for them, but in the absence of dedication you will hurt them then come back and apologize, using love as an excuse and you hear lines like.... "I hit you because I love you too much and I can't stand you talking about leaving me"

When there is self control in a relationship you won't cheat, lie or intentionally hurt your partner, you will know you are not being nice to them to impress them but because that's who you are, you love like you've never been hurt and you won't take the wrecks on your last relationships on them. 

Love will only go far, and according to a teaching I currently listened to, love will take you at most for 3 years, you need a backed up love to last beyond that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ChazBee said:

Love is never enough, it's usually overrated, love just like every other emotions weans of at some point and if there's nothing else to keep you guys going you'd be stuck. 

People need to stop putting alot of pressure on love and learn to add other feelings to sustain it, like respect, dedication and self control 

If you love someone you should be able to respect them so that when love isn't there anymore the respect you have for them will stop you from wanting to hurt them which usually is the case especially in our community. 

If you're dedicated to someone you will only wanna do what makes them happy, always wanting to do what is good for them, but in the absence of dedication you will hurt them then come back and apologize, using love as an excuse and you hear lines like.... "I hit you because I love you too much and I can't stand you talking about leaving me"

When there is self control in a relationship you won't cheat, lie or intentionally hurt your partner, you will know you are not being nice to them to impress them but because that's who you are, you love like you've never been hurt and you won't take the wrecks on your last relationships on them. 

Love will only go far, and according to a teaching I currently listened to, love will take you at most for 3 years, you need a backed up love to last beyond that. 

@ChazBee

😁 this one you are listening to love teachings...you'll love the heck out of the poor woman that goes into a relationship with you..

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, simpl384 said:

@ChazBee

😁 this one you are listening to love teachings...you'll love the heck out of the poor woman that goes into a relationship with you..

I have to prepare for the future nah, I can't bring out someone's daughter and not love her right. Lol

@ChazBee there are many facets to love so I don't agree that it goes only 3 years, however I agree that it changes it's look after that time to another version of itself. 

Listening to teachings on love eh? Your missus is a lucky woman already. Abeg keep teaching us as you learn mbok. 

By the way, what according to you is love?? What is love?? What does it encompass?? 

8 hours ago, Hawken said:

Love+money+the abroad 😀😀

Flesh and blood hath not revealed this to you! This combo na die!!! Like I no go mind thief the rapture angel trumpet sef once I get this combo. Wetin we dey rapture for? Guy, calm down....

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dequeen said:

@ChazBee there are many facets to love so I don't agree that it goes only 3 years, however I agree that it changes it's look after that time to another version of itself. 

Listening to teachings on love eh? Your missus is a lucky woman already. Abeg keep teaching us as you learn mbok. 

By the way, what according to you is love?? What is love?? What does it encompass?? 

To me, love is one page of a chapter of life. If you understand that life happens in chapters and that each chapter makes up what our whole life is about then you have love. 

Factually speaking, not all people are capable to give love and not all people desire to be love even though we all deserve love but the emotional kind of love isn't for everyone. 

Some people prefer to be loved a certain kind of way so that when you meet a person and fall in love with them don't assume you know what is good for them, ask every single person you meet how they prefer to be loved  because we all want different things. 

Love means a lot of things to different people so that when it means emersing myself in someone else and practically pulling out my heart and giving it to them, it may mean body presence and paying extra attention to someone else. 

While I might be too clingy in love I might meet a person it may mean a little bit of space to someone else. 

There's so much about love because trust me that topic is inexhaustible. 

@ChazBee it is truly inexhaustible. Somehow, I never believe that I must limit myself only to the expression of love the other party understands...I feel like we should show all we are capable of and trust that even if not now, somewhere in the future, the other party will come to realise and understand the other types of love we expressed to them in addition to the ones they did understand at the time.... 

Good stuff Chazbee! Real good stuff you've dished out there!

20 minutes ago, ChazBee said:

To me, love is one page of a chapter of life. If you understand that life happens in chapters and that each chapter makes up what our whole life is about then you have love. 

Factually speaking, not all people are capable to give love and not all people desire to be love even though we all deserve love but the emotional kind of love isn't for everyone. 

Some people prefer to be loved a certain kind of way so that when you meet a person and fall in love with them don't assume you know what is good for them, ask every single person you meet how they prefer to be loved  because we all want different things. 

Love means a lot of things to different people so that when it means emersing myself in someone else and practically pulling out my heart and giving it to them, it may mean body presence and paying extra attention to someone else. 

While I might be too clingy in love I might meet a person it may mean a little bit of space to someone else. 

There's so much about love because trust me that topic is inexhaustible. 

You are on point.We all have different love languages.Don't assume and do not generalize.Love is different for everyone.

🎶 Love is sweet o ...but when money enter love is sweeter🎶.

@ChazBee I completely agree with you on the fact that after 3 years the intensity of the love becomes attenuated ...it takes extreme effort from both parties to keep the relationship/marriage going.

That's where the shift from passionate love to compassionate love comes in.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Phegore said:

That's where the shift from passionate love to compassionate love comes in.

This is the love that matters, knowing when to make that switch from passionate to compassionate is what sustains the marriage 

• 4 weeks later...