Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

what's your Greatest Rejection Story

Guest LeeJ

One of the bad vibes that comes with being a lesbian in our clan rejection. It is one thing we have to deal with. Approaching a girl who has given you all the right signals, only to be rejected can really hurt. 

My Rejection Story: Mine happened when I was a student of one of the post graduate schools in this country that has people from other African countries as a student. There was this babe from one of them African countries. Met her during the registration process and we became friends. She was quite older (MY SPEC) and reserved (MY SPEC). She was giving me the right signals. Coming to my room every night, me going to hers. Laughing and gisting well into the night most times. Along the line, she told me how she got out of a long term relationship and how it was a chore dating guys. I was like (BINGO). That is my signal. I told my (then) male bestie from another African country and he was like I should give it a try. You never can tell. I was in her room one morning when we were talking as usually, I just chipped in C, I got a crush on you. Weow.... Hmmm, after keeping quiet for a few minutes, she began this lecture on how being a gay is not right and un-African and blah blah blah. Not just that, after that night, she started avoiding me like a plague. Gosh, I felt real bad. I even had to go beg her to forget I every said anything like that so we could continue the friendship...for where..... That was it till we graduated. 

Whats your rejection story. 

Guest Colours

This topic could have been better off in forum, not here.. But anyways, there are numerous of them, (my rejection story I mean) so, which one exactly do you want me to tell first? 

Mine was...posted this on the forum once. Will say it again cos I like to laugh @this. 

Was at the Nysc secretariat in Lagos, in the midst of a large group, I saw this girl that looked like everything. Pretty and reserved. I liked to think she was my pry sch best friend. Knew she wasn't. But she reminded me of her and of old feelings. She was walking towards our direction so I walked up and tried those crappy lines..."are you Bimbo?", to which she replied, "no". I asked about her schools. I tried another name. And another. By then, I was starting to look foolish, people were staring, she looked worried (I think) so she walked away. Lol. 

• 1 month later...

Well I met this girl in a Uni i attended once, she was everything I wanted. Did the 24/7 thing of being around her, taking her on a date (only in my head) she wasn’t the outspoken type. Always shunned guys and was just everything. I finally borrowed mind from my ancestors and asked her out n she flat out rejected me. I thoughts I got all the right signs but turns out a supposedly straight girl that leaves her room to sleep in mine every night for 3 months with the excuse of cuddling is indeed straight...story of my life

On 12/15/2018 at 1:03 AM, Guest Rinny said:

Well I met this girl in a Uni i attended once, she was everything I wanted. Did the 24/7 thing of being around her, taking her on a date (only in my head) she wasn’t the outspoken type. Always shunned guys and was just everything. I finally borrowed mind from my ancestors and asked her out n she flat out rejected me. I thoughts I got all the right signs but turns out a supposedly straight girl that leaves her room to sleep in mine every night for 3 months with the excuse of cuddling is indeed straight...story of my life

I feel your pain. So she didn’t pay for the three months of free cuddling? How did you do it? Asked her word of mouth or allowed ur hands to wonder?

In this world where we pursue or being pursued by women, rejections are bound to happen. And it’s only when you have suffered this inevitability that you will treasure the ones that said “yes” or “said no, but allowed ur roaming hands, and rest is history” or “gave you hoops to jump before saying yes” or “said no, asked you later why didn’t you try harder after they see you with another girl” or “have been endlessly waiting for you to make the move before they jump ur bones” and etc....have suffered all 😜 and still hopeless romantic 🥰

I wish I had the initiative to collect up on my free cuddles. A waste really, told her word of mouth.she had a good laugh the first 40seconds then proceed with the oh so long speech of how alike to a straight line she was. 

On 12/18/2018 at 2:20 PM, Guest CountD said:

In this world where we pursue or being pursued by women, rejections are bound to happen. And it’s only when you have suffered this inevitability that you will treasure the ones that said “yes” or “said no, but allowed ur roaming hands, and rest is history” or “gave you hoops to jump before saying yes” or “said no, asked you later why didn’t you try harder after they see you with another girl” or “have been endlessly waiting for you to make the move before they jump ur bones” and etc....have suffered all 😜 and still hopeless romantic 🥰

Nice one