Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

What is on your Mind

Guest Marc

I remember when my dad was supposedly giving me advice on relationships. He said, "be careful with men, they are tricky. Most especially, do not go out with married men."

I replied him, saying that I was not interested in men. There was no need telling me this. "Good", he said.

I don't know what he thought I meant by that statement but I'm definitely sure he didn't understand. Because, at that moment, I was passing on a very important message.

PS: this thought came to me while bathing.

Guest Ravenflox

One of the main reasons why I wanted to join this forum was to be able to speak with Vina. I just like the way her mind works, just read now she’s leaving and it’s devastating to know this. 😞 

I think mod should have dealt with the root cause of the matter rather than throw ban around. Even if a warning should suffice, given the circumstance, as per forum rules, why not private message? Or has pm stopped working?

7 hours ago, Guest Clay said:

I think mod should have dealt with the root cause of the matter rather than throw ban around. Even if a warning should suffice, given the circumstance, as per forum rules, why not private message? Or has pm stopped working?

Thanks for your sharing your opinion about this.

If you read the comments closely, you would decipher that the root cause of the matter was a more personal one which makes it a grey area -best to stay out of those sort of personal issues.

Secondly, on why not private message? If we told ourselves the truth often enough and not throw in sentiments, we would be the better for it as a community. There are rules. Rules I met here. These rules are clearly spelt out and a few weeks ago, I did emphasize the decision to maintain and uphold a zero tolerance towards abuse/abusive behaviour going forward. This was done publicly for all to see/read.

How this generally works on (global) social media websites is: when rules are flouted, it is never up for discussion because the rules speak for themselves. Typically, action is taken swiftly on the offender depending on the gravity of the offense. In this case, I did appeal to them both (which i didn't need to do) because I was hoping the abuse would stop and there would be no need to take action. Clearly, emotions had run amok and my appeal/warning were flagrantly disregarded. 

The attack was prolonged, very vicious and malicious -and for one to term that a mistake is baffling. More interesting was the ensuing emotional blackmail. But of course, her wish is our command. 

There are forum rules. We should respect ourselves and eachother enough. Self control is a useful skill to master... 

I would rather we analyse these things objectively rather than react or go emotional on the subject. How I see it, it is simple. The choice lie with each of us. 

I find it a bit upsetting and unfair that Vina had to be the scapegoat concerning this rules implementation. There are people that should have gotten the boot a very long time ago but haven't. They are still here inciting and aggravating people. We are humans, and it is unrealistic to think that we will exercise self control in EVERY situation. Mostly when dealing with people whom you know have zero manners nor respect and act out with impunity.

I know way too many people who have stopped interacting on the forums because of the *****/shadiness on these streets. We for so long let ***** roam and it is costing us members.

The only thing i believe this action will achieve is to prove that no one is "untouchable" and there are no favorites. But tbh this is something that should have been done a long time ago. If the MODs (God bless them, it can't be easy work) were this firm from the onset, we never would have gotten here. However, if there's ever a time to start, it is now. I simply hope naijalez goes back to been a space of camaraderie, to which Nigerian lesbians can come to escape the harsh realities of every day life.

In all honesty, Vina is one of the site's favourites and it is quite unfortunate that she has chosen to handle it this way. 

It was never personal.

Her actions were deplorable. All in all, it was in no way an easy action to take but one that needed to be done. 

Guest 🤷🏾‍♀️
3 hours ago, Guest H.... said:

I find it a bit upsetting and unfair that Vina had to be the scapegoat concerning this rules implementation. There are people that should have gotten the boot a very long time ago but haven't. They are still here inciting and aggravating people. We are humans, and it is unrealistic to think that we will exercise self control in EVERY situation. Mostly when dealing with people whom you know have zero manners nor respect and act out with impunity.

I know way too many people who have stopped interacting on the forums because of the *****/shadiness on these streets. We for so long let ***** roam and it is costing us members.

The only thing i believe this action will achieve is to prove that no one is "untouchable" and there are no favorites. But tbh this is something that should have been done a long time ago. If the MODs (God bless them, it can't be easy work) were this firm from the onset, we never would have gotten here. However, if there's ever a time to start, it is now. I simply hope naijalez goes back to been a space of camaraderie, to which Nigerian lesbians can come to escape the harsh realities of every day life.

I find it ridiculous that this is even being discussed. 

It was clearly stated a few weeks ago that warnings and bans would be enforced whenever members are abusive. Which Vina was and she was very much out of line whatever her issues with Scarlet are. 

I wonder if it was any other person if we would even be having a discussing this. Let’s be objective. 

There is way too much drama involved in this and I don’t see why an admin has to be questioned for doing the right thing. Especially when people have complained about others being abusive and vile on the forum. 

As for those that deserve to be banned or warned or whatever, I’m sure next time they break the rules, they’ll be sanctioned.

People need to learn to respect each other.