Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Dealing with loneliness

Isee

Hey guys, 

So this has been on my mind most of my life and I just wanted to know if there was anyone who ever felt this way or if a baby girl was all alone. 

How do you guys deal with loneliness? I mean have you ever had people around you but still felt all alone. No one to rant to when your heart is heavy and hey, I am not talking about burdening someone just... I hope you get what I mean.  One minute you are fine, the next you are on a gulder ultimate search for a razor blade to cut up your self. (heard cutting is so therapeutic if done well). One minute you are so happy, the next you look for a corner to just cry. Having people you think cared about you tease you to the point of deciding you don't wanna ever wake up 

Does it ever get easy?

Does it ever get better? 

Does it ever get to a point where you can genuinely smile instead of putting up a front? 

I need you guys to tell me if this feeling is normal... 

First off, I am not a shrink but I guess we all feel this way on a spectrum. Ranging from mild to extreme loneliness.

The cure is in your hands dear. I had self image issues, low self esteem, rejection issues, abandonment issues and what not growing up and I just decided later on that it had to stop. I just switched it off and took my happiness in my hands and I have had peace and joy since then.

Nothing moves me, nothing makes me sad, I make myself happy because nobody will really ever be able to make you happy. 

You have to sit and find the root cause of these feelings and then nip it in the bud. Your power house is your mind, work on it.

3 hours ago, omomegbe said:

Hey guys, 

So this has been on my mind most of my life and I just wanted to know if there was anyone who ever felt this way or if a baby girl was all alone. 

How do you guys deal with loneliness? I mean have you ever had people around you but still felt all alone. No one to rant to when your heart is heavy and hey, I am not talking about burdening someone just... I hope you get what I mean.  One minute you are fine, the next you are on a gulder ultimate search for a razor blade to cut up your self. (heard cutting is so therapeutic if done well). One minute you are so happy, the next you look for a corner to just cry. Having people you think cared about you tease you to the point of deciding you don't wanna ever wake up 

Does it ever get easy?

Does it ever get better? 

Does it ever get to a point where you can genuinely smile instead of putting up a front? 

Yea of course loneliness /depression is a very Normal feeling but like I always say, Give yourself the love you feel no one is offering ...so if no one is dere to love you, you might as well just love  yourself.  

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 6:07 PM, omomegbe said:

Hey guys, 

Does it ever get easy?

Does it ever get better? 

It's normal. Everyone feels lonely from time to time, but for some, loneliness comes far too often. You may want to follow this link for strategies for fighting loneliness

everydayhealth.com/hs/major-depression/depression-feeling-lonely