Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Pastor kicks person in drag out of church saying ‘put on man clothes’

FlyJ

• Administrators

A pastor in Chicago has come under fire to telling a person in drag to leave the church during a service.

Antonio Rocquemore, of Power House International Ministries, can be seen telling the individual to “put on man clothes” in a video shared to Facebook.

“Can you leave my church and go put on man clothes? And don’t come here like that no more,” he says in the video.

“I hold a standard in here. Whatever you do on the outside is your business, but I will not let drag queens come in here.”

The audience can be heard saying “Amen” and “Jesus” and applauding the pastor.

Rocquemore says in the video: “I don’t do no bashing, because everybody is struggling with something.

The video has been shared thousands of times, with many criticising the pastor’s actions.

Afterwards, Rocquemore shared another video to his personal Facebook page, in which he appeared unapologetic.

He said the person at the service had been a member of the church for several months.

The pastor said: “First of all, anybody that know me … I don’t bash nothing.

“The reason why I don’t bash nothing because when you start bashing things then you’re separating them. I don’t separate sin. Sin is sin.”

Source

• Like 1

As you chased a son of God out of his father's house and judged him like you are God, may God use the same measure to judge you and if found wanting, may He chase you from his presence forever. 

Can I get an amen!!!

I bet the pastor didn't gave it a second thought before sending him away. Now he has lost the tithe due for this month.

People that pay you 10% of their income, monthly, you still have eye to police their dressing.