Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Relationships and Astrology

Union

I never really believed or bothered to consider the impact of zodiac signs on relationships until recently. 

My colleague at the office simplified it. The zodiac signs are grouped into 4 signs: Air, water, fire, earth (Remember avatar).

So, a water and fire sign is a big no no. Logically, water quenches fire. 

Air and fire sign are good to go. Logic again. Add Oxygen to fire and it burns brightly.

And so on and so forth.

I took the whole astrology thing with a pinch of salt when he said "Astrology might say something but God's grace can help you and your partner overcome all the potential hurdles that astrology might have pointed out and the relationship will work out nonetheless."

Moving forward, I stumbled on this site yesterday https://www.astrology-zodiac-signs.com and I did a match between my ex and I. I am Libra, she is cancer. Imagine my surprise when everything about our relationship was laid out bare. It was the whole Truth.

Try to do a match with your current or potential lover and/or ex. Anyone at all that you are curious about. Let's know what you come up with. After this, are you beginning to believe more in astrology like I am?

Cheers!

At some point i was curious about astrology but then I found out it goes against my religious belief so I stopped. However I checked out the link, paired the signs of my babe and I, it was off.

I don't really know if I believe in this.

Someone recently got me interested in the zodiac signs and I decided to do a little study on the subject.

Seems interesting so far.

1 hour ago, RayBlac said:

Someone recently got me interested in the zodiac signs and I decided to do a little study on the subject.

Huh, look who's back? welcome, it's good to see you around again. 😃

• Thanks 1

Was at Silverbird Cinema Abuja earlier today to see a movie (The girl in the spider web). That's not what this gist is about, it's about the two beautiful girls who sat behind my friend and I. At first one rested her head on the other and then I caught the moments they stole kisses.

Kissing in the cinema is bae and it got me mushy and paying more attention to them than the movie sef, now I'd have to go see that movie again. 

Anyways I introduced myself to them after the movie and we exchanged contact. 

Yes, am a sucker for love and theirs seem so new. 

21 minutes ago, ChazBee said:

Was at Silverbird Cinema Abuja earlier today to see a movie (The girl in the spider web). That's not what this gist is about, it's about the two beautiful girls who sat behind my friend and I. At first one rested her head on the other and then I caught the moments they stole kisses.

Kissing in the cinema is bae and it got me mushy and paying more attention to them than the movie sef, now I'd have to go see that movie again. 

U didn’t call me o

30 minutes ago, ChazBee said:

😄😄

If they sat behind you and your friend, that means you kept turning to look at them?

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, ChazBee said:

Hahaha. Sweet! I would have smiled... some nerve those two have got. 

49 minutes ago, ChazBee said:

Choi! People are kissing in the whole f***king cinema and I can't even get bae to let me hold her hand in public. This life na pot of beans sha. 

"why do zodiac sign profiles seem accurate? How are they created?" Someone askes this question on qoura. 

This 👇response picked my interest. 

Combination of a few things:

1) Confirmation bias. If you go looking for things to match, your brain will find matches and ignore the ones that don't fit. That co-worker you want to punch in the face? Also a Pisces, but since it doesn't fit the model, it gets tossed. 

2) The profiles are written in language that is deliberately broad and vague, so that the reader can interpret them however they wish, in order to make them fit. Lots of open-to-interpretation words like "sometimes". Also a lot of fuzzy presentation of "both sides of the coin", letting the user decide where on the spectrum they fall -- "you are assertive, but still sometimes let other people dictate your actions".

3) Many of the things in astrology profiles are written as positive traits. People like to believe it when someone says something nice about them.

I don't take this zodiac sign thing really serious. I'm yet to explore much on astrology. This post just spike my interest in the field. 

Edit: I just run the match. Lol I like to believe some of the things it says (Yea they are mostly positive traits. See? We like it when they say nice stuffs about us 😂) though I cringed when I read the point it said Scorpio are violent. WTF! I'm not a violent person! 😂 

2 hours ago, RayBlac said:

😄😄

If they sat behind you and your friend, that means you kept turning to look at them?

Yes ooo, kept turning to steal a look. I think I made them uncomfortable at some point hence the introduction later. It's not my fault abeg, if I can't find love let me at least look at it

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mimy said:

Choi! People are kissing in the whole f***king cinema and I can't even get bae to let me hold her hand in public. This life na pot of beans sha. 

It was their balls that impressed me at first, the only time I've kissed a girl in the cinema it was almost empty 

7 hours ago, M2DD said:

It’s Abuja. These things happen 

Yeah, I know but mehn inside the cinema? The wrong person could have seen them. Thank God my friend didn't turn. 

On 11/22/2018 at 12:49 AM, ChazBee said:

Yes ooo, kept turning to steal a look. I think I made them uncomfortable at some point hence the introduction later. It's not my fault abeg, if I can't find love let me at least look at it

Lol. Abi!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 1:27 PM, Hawken said:

At some point i was curious about astrology but then I found out it goes against my religious belief so I stopped. However I checked out the link, paired the signs of my babe and I, it was off.

What's your religion? Are you serious about it being off? As in, nothing clicked? That's new

On 11/21/2018 at 7:22 PM, RayBlac said:

I bet you. Its quite interesting

1 minute ago, Union said:

What's your religion? Are you serious about it being off? As in, nothing clicked? That's new

Christianity.

And yeps, nothing clicked. Wayyyyyyyy off.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:33 PM, ChazBee said:

Awww....PDA is bae. I was going to get sad that you derailed the thread. But, this kinda gist is welcome anywhere. We all love love😍

On 11/21/2018 at 10:48 PM, Mimy said:

"why do zodiac sign profiles seem accurate? How are they created?" Someone askes this question on qoura. 

This 👇response picked my interest. 

Combination of a few things:

1) Confirmation bias. If you go looking for things to match, your brain will find matches and ignore the ones that don't fit. That co-worker you want to punch in the face? Also a Pisces, but since it doesn't fit the model, it gets tossed. 

2) The profiles are written in language that is deliberately broad and vague, so that the reader can interpret them however they wish, in order to make them fit. Lots of open-to-interpretation words like "sometimes". Also a lot of fuzzy presentation of "both sides of the coin", letting the user decide where on the spectrum they fall -- "you are assertive, but still sometimes let other people dictate your actions".

3) Many of the things in astrology profiles are written as positive traits. People like to believe it when someone says something nice about them.

I don't take this zodiac sign thing really serious. I'm yet to explore much on astrology. This post just spike my interest in the field. 

Edit: I just run the match. Lol I like to believe some of the things it says (Yea they are mostly positive traits. See? We like it when they say nice stuffs about us 😂) though I cringed when I read the point it said Scorpio are violent. WTF! I'm not a violent person! 😂 

You hit the nail on the head with number 2. Truly, it gets confusing sometimes. And they generalise. I am a twin and I daresay my twin and I can never have the same reading.

Lmao! I know, it feels good when they say the good stuff. So, no streak of violence anywhere ba?