Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Olga Diyachenko writes about Nigerian women as she visits Nigeria

FlyJ

• Administrators

Olga Diyachenko, the Russian  partner of Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi, who is currently in Nigeria with her family took to Instagram to write about Nigerian women.

In the candid post, Olga praised Nigerian women for having so much grace, charisma and not a shred of insecurity. 

Read her post below.

Nigeria, what a surprise you've turned out be. ?? But, if I’m to say what impressed me most, it’s The Women. So much; grace, charisma and not a shred of insecurity. Nigerian women walk swaying their beautiful hips with their backs impeccably straight, heads held high, knowing their worth. Their attitude is strong, yet very sensual, regardless whether it’s a wealthy woman walking through a 5 star hotel or a young girl crossing the road at 7 AM rushing to work. Although may I say, Nigerian women do not rush, nor do they fidget, they simply glide. 

The way Nigerian women preserve their culture and traditions is admirable. They don’t chase international designers or dress according to Vogue, they wear beautiful traditional dresses, dance the traditional dances and do it all with pride! 

I hope Ava and Mia will inherit the calmness, sense of pride, posture and self worth that I’ve witnessed Nigerian women posses with such ease. Nigerian Women hat off to you.

Source

• Like 1

Hilarious 👆🏽

But what she meant is - The Nigerian woman, amidst the illiteracy level and economic un freedom which largely isnt a fault of hers but a fault of the day for Nigeria, has managed to carve an irrepressible, unignorable niche for herself and hers.

They are visible, every single one of them.

There is no lazy Nigerian woman in Nigeria unlike with their western counterparts. And because she earns, is pivot in her environ; home life, business life and the lives of those around her, she has found there's dignity in labour opposed to the general (patriarchal) way the work women do are truncated as irrelevant. This she naturally performs in her gait.

Above all, she is so much more stretching than her male counterpart. Reason the males make sure those cultural structures impeding her further liberation remains strongly grounded

They will therefore, at the slightest opportunity relegate her not to reach further. Still to no avail.

This the Russian saw.