Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Can age determine love.

Ewoma

To me o, age is a thing of the mind, it has no role to play when love is concerned. Cos at times u see some matured adults behaving like a kid, why at times some young adult behave more mature.

• Moderators

Well... this is tricky. Love I believe is a choice.

Whether or not this is done consciously or unconsciously, attraction I also find is the outcome of our innate filter/selection process which is constantly at play.  The heart makes a choice for us -which explains why we tend to see a pattern in bahaviour/appearances with everyone we have once been attracted to or fallen for etc... 

That stated, I wouldn't say age is capable of standing in the way of true love, instead, -and I write for myself here -there's a certain age bracket outside of which I wouldn't typically be drawn to (at least so far.lol)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, kimi said:

Well... this is tricky. Love I believe is a choice.

Whether or not this is done consciously or unconsciously, attraction I also find is the outcome of our innate filter/selection process which is constantly at play.  The heart make a choice for us -which explains why we tend to see a pattern in bahaviour/appearances with everyone we have once been attracted to or fallen for etc... 

That stated, I wouldn't say age is capable of standing in the way of true love, instead, -and I write for myself here -there's a certain age bracket outside of which I wouldn't typically be drawn to (at least so far.lol)

Get out of my head @kimi you just said my mind exactly. 

In as much as age is no determinant of affection for me there are some age bracket I can't play in. Too low or too high in number is off my grid. Average is better.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, ChazBee said:

In as much as age is no determinant of affection for me there are some age bracket I can't play in. Too low or too high in number is off my grid. Average is better.

Hahahaha. Too late! Lo, I am with you always ☝

46 minutes ago, ChazBee said:

Like below 20

Well l have always been drawn to the line above me but of late,  l have come to  realize that alot below me, are very matured and wise which has change my former idealogy.

Still there is a bracket my brain will read as child abuse no matter how matured they are.

• Like 1

My advice/Opinion 

If you are a student,  the best love experience you can find and feel fulfilled  should be a student like you.

Same go to the working class. But if you have a high  energy level to hustle and bustle, you can cross match😁

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MENA said:

My advice/Opinion 

If you are a student,  the best love experience you can find and feel fulfilled  should be a student like you.

Same go to the working class. But if you have a high  energy level to hustle and bustle, you can cross match😁

Exactly my opinion about this topic. In my case I'm not usually into girls my age, I really don't know why and the girls that are older see me as a liability(I also don't like depending on people). The decision I made is to wait since I'm almost done to find love. So yes age has an effect on love

4 hours ago, Ewoma said:

Tell us if age can stand as a barrier to True love. 😄

Age don't really matter,its just a number  what matter is the RELATIONSHIP 

The heart wants what the heart wants *if that make sense*

8 minutes ago, Nicky said:

Age don't really matter,its just a number  what matter is the RELATIONSHIP 

The heart wants what the heart wants *if that make sense*

I agree with you but is more complicated than that. So is  better when we guide ourselves more consciously. 

I am talking from experience. I have dated 3yrs, 4yrs, 11yrs and 25yrs my senior but the best true friendship l can note is 3yrs my senior. l will say maybe because  we are within thesame age group. 

Sometimes when there is a high age gap, it leads to communication gap. At times when you try to express yourself, is being read as you being rude and  even your opinions may not count sometimes because it will be read as being childish and somestimes abuse may even come in.

So at the end of the day, you may discover that you love that person but you are not really happy.

What is love without happiness?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MENA said:

My advice/Opinion 

Hahahahaha. I see..

Age has everything to do with love and I think people should stop trying to be “politically” correct. Personally, I won’t date a younger person but I would an older one. Although, I think that comes from a place of not wanting to become a sugar mummy; having someone who works and is independent curbs a lot of conversations that would arise if the reverse was the case.

13 hours ago, M2DD said:

Like below 20

No way am ever dating a below 20ooo,i can't even date a below 28 as it stands. I normally like women who are a little older than I am, makes me feel secured and challenged. 

10 hours ago, MENA said:

I am talking from experience. I have dated 3yrs, 4yrs, 11yrs and 25yrs my senior but the best true friendship l can note is 3yrs my senior. l will say maybe because  we are within thesame age group. 

Sometimes when there is a high age gap, it leads to communication gap. At times when you try to express yourself, is being read as you being rude and  even your opinions may not count sometimes because it will be read as being childish and somestimes abuse may even come in.

So at the end of the day, you may discover that you love that person but you are not really happy.

What is love without happiness?

I agree on that

It do have prons and cons,but it's not a necessity.

Maturity should b the big factor besides that only thing that should matter is LOVE no matter the age gap

age should be no barrier

14 hours ago, kimi said:

Well said! Bless you.

I don't know but there's this thing with older women I have been with and really love about dating someone 10times your Age .. "Less melodramas".

So, 

To a sizeable extent, yeah it could, but shouldn't be a determining factor.  

• 2 weeks later...

It shouldn't be a problem tho.  Although it's ur choice,  who u choose to Love. Year is not a problem but I can't date an above 35 or below 20.....