Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community Ɨ
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Distance and LovešŸ˜

Ewoma

Distance sometimes have a role to play in a relationship?is thisĀ saying really true.........Out of sight is Out of mind?.How do we cope with long distance love relationship,Share with us ur experiences,your fears, your joy and how you made it work. The duration of such relationship. Did it really worked out fine.

Ā I havenā€™t actually been in a long distance relationship before but thereā€™s this babe Iā€™m eyeing, who I want something really serious with,Ā she lives in Lagos and right now I school in the east . I know for a fact she really likes me as much as I do and for some weird reason she wants me to make the first move and I havenā€™tĀ because I think of how the relationship wonā€™t work even if we try because of the distance. So Iā€™m waiting till IĀ moveĀ next yearĀ to Lagos then Iā€™dĀ ask her (if by then she hasnā€™tĀ found someone since Lagos is filled with lesbians). So yeah distance affects relationships.Ā 

• Moderators
On 12/6/2018 at 5:56 PM, RAVENFLOX said:

ifļ»æ by then she hasnā€™tĀ found someone since Lagos is filled with lesbļ»æianļ»æs). So yeah distance affects relationships.Ā 

Hahahaha. This made me laugh.

Have you considered having that conversation with her? Rather than throwing it all to chance. She may decide to make herself available till such a time that you move closer. You never know till you ask

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kimi said:

Hahahaha. This made me laugh.

Have you considered having that conversation with her? Rather than throwing it all to chance. She may decide to make herself available till such a time that you move closer. You never know till you ask

I was going to say the same thing, @RAVENFLOXĀ don't assume anything and don't play to lose, discuss things with her and let her know your plans because you never can tell how far she's willing to go with you.Ā 

For me, long distance is a big no except on temporal basis but if it's for a long period of time count me out, that thing used to pain my chest when I can't cuddle or cry in her arms when need be. Thank God for video calls these days sha.Ā 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kimi said:

Have you considered having that conversation with her? Rather than throwing it all to chance. She may decide to make herself available till such a time that you move closer. You never know till you asļ»ækļ»æ

Very true

3 hours ago, ChazBee said:

I was going to say the same thing, @RAVENFLOXĀ don't assume anything and don't play to lose, discuss things with her and let her know your plans because you never can tell how far she's willing to go with you

Thank you both, I'll do that when next I see her.Ā