Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

What's for dinner?

Michelle

10 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

I don't accept the challenge. However, I look forward to eating your southern fried chicken😋

You’re fired.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Txunamy said:

I don't accept the challenge. However, I look forward to eating your southern fried chicken😋

Not a bad idea though. Would be a good time to try out the French fries equipment. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Txunamy what do you think of her recipe? Does every African have their own version of jollofrice? Is jollofrice a west African thing?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

@Txunamy what do you think of her recipe? Does every African have their own version of jollofrice? Is jollofrice a west African thing?

That spicy okra is nothing more than spicy salsa 😂 Africans and Mexicans are alike in so many ways.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Yes. People have different versions of cooking jollof rice, but there is the basic standard for jollof, and that is what makes it a west African thing. The original naija jollof is devoid of any vegetables, but can be served with a side of coleslaw. The original naija jollof should have a smoky taste and smell.

Jollof originated from Senegal, but there is still a silent war with Ghana and Nigeria over jollof. 

A war that would have no victor. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

That spicy okra is nothing more than spicy salsa 😂 Africans and Mexicans are alike in so many ways.

Ah yes. We share so many dishes with the Mexicans and Jamaicans 

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 4/5/2020 at 2:04 PM, Michelle said:

Nah girl! Spicy salsa ain't nothing compared to spicy "West African" okro(a). 

8 minutes ago, FlyJ said:

Nah girl! Spicy salsa ain't nothing compared to spicy "West African" okro(a). 

Ok 😀

• Like 1

@Txunamy watch the first part of this video and let me know if you can make this without the baby fish. Also, is it worth a try? You've never mentioned it or ordered it from any place we've been. I relate this to our white navy beans that I cook with salt pork and serve with chops, cole slaw and cornbread 😂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

@Txunamy watch the first part of this video and let me know if you can make this without the baby fish. Also, is it worth a try? You've never mentioned it or ordered it from any place we've been. I relate this to our white navy beans that I cook with salt pork and serve with chops, cole slaw and cornbread 😂 

No.  crayfish is one of the basic ingredients for beans porridge. I cannot cook beans without crayfish. I do not eat beans often, but once in a while, I love to cook beans porridge, and eat it with fried plantains(you'll like it seeing as you like plantains) 

And yes, I have mentioned it, but I do not eat beans outside except I cook it myself. 

And also its same with your navy beans. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Txunamy said:

No.  crayfish is one of the basic ingredients for beans porridge. I cannot cook beans without crayfish. I do not eat beans often, but once in a while, I love to cook beans porridge, and eat it with fried plantains(you'll like it seeing as you like plantains) 

And yes, I have mentioned it, but I do not eat beans outside except I cook it myself. 

And also its same with your navy beans. 

Man 😒

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...