Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Nagging or love or lust

Ewoma

When u are a friend or an intimate relationship with someone that complains about your status, achievement, job.everything around you. But still refuses to bow out of the friendship. Can we call it LOVE or lust? Lets talk about it, it's a true life story. Compares ur social status, knows she is ahead of you in almost everything, but still refuses to walk away. 

• Moderators

I would require more details to make the selection. Is sex involved? Do they both assume to be in a romantic relationship with each other? Do they proclaim love for each other? What is each party getting out of this: sex, financial gains, a girlfriend title etc..

• Moderators

Thanks for that...

They both need to have a honest conversation about your friend's realities and certain concerns need to be addressed. Ultimately, after your friend has had this somewhat difficult conversation, all that is left to do is to allow her decide and to respect her decision. That is; to either accept her for who she is which includes her present circumstances or exit the relationship and not cause further damage... your friend needs to be firm and strong (I understand that this may be very emotionally crippling). She needs to love herself enough and risk losing someone who perhaps doesn't feel the same way about her because the truth is, actions speak louder than words. 

Personally, I am of the opinion that people who look down on others do so because of their own insecuirities of being inadequate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

#Trutalk.......when u choose someone as a friend.. It's a lot of sacrifice,the ability for you to be a positive change in someones life makes us unique. If u don't like ur friends condition, so because of that u talk down and make them feel like a piece of shit...Be proud of whoever you call ur friend, Friendship is a commitment, not necessarily dating or romantic.

• Upvote 1

I hate to be nagged, it's something I can't forgive. If you're unsatisfied about something have a conversation about it and not nag me, I don't know how to forgive that, it kills me and as soon as I find myself with someone who does that to me I just wallllk...... And keep walking 

• Like 1

How about this said person help in uplifting her? since she's so worried about her friend's circumstances. isn't that what friends are for. You'll not help me out of my predicament yet you find joy in ridiculing me. What kind of a witch are you. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mimy said:

How about this said person help in uplifting her? since she's so worried about her friend's circumstances. isn't that what friends are for. You'll not help me out of my predicament yet you find joy in ridiculing me. What kind of a witch are you. 

😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Michelle said:

Why do I get the feeling that nagging from Naija women is on another level and outside of the norm? 😟

Lol it’s not.

20 hours ago, Ewoma said:

When u are a friend or an intimate relationship with someone that complains about your status, achievement, job.everything around you. But still refuses to bow out of the friendship. Can we call it LOVE or lust? Lets talk about it, it's a true life story. Compares ur social status, knows she is ahead of you in almost everything, but still refuses to walk away. 

In my opinion, she uses that person to feel good about herself because she's insecure. 

If she's with someone she's considerably "better" than, she could feel a bit better about herself.

Or ... some people are like that and don't realize they are being toxic, so they can't help but be that way around those they love.

In my opinion, the abused is more often than not an enabler to the abuser.

Respecting and Loving yourself means walking away from a crippling person or situation.

There are things that don't change. There are things about people that we can't change. If we hold on and think we will change those people, we lie to ourselves and remain victims of their abuse of us and enablers as well.

Love sometimes means walking away. Clinging to a bad situation is not love, it is suicide.

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, dequeen said:

In my opinion, the abused is more often than not an enabler to the abuser.

Respecting and Loving yourself means walking away from a crippling person or situation.

There are things that don't change. There are things about people that we can't change. If we hold on and think we will change those people, we lie to ourselves and remain victims of their abuse of us and enablers as well.

Love sometimes means walking away. Clinging to a bad situation is not love, it is suicide.

#Word... very profound words.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 12:16 PM, kimi said:

I would require more details to make the selection. Is sex involved? Do they both assume to be in a romantic relationship with each other? Do they proclaim love for each other? What is each party getting out of this: sex, financial gains, a girlfriend title etc..

You sounded like a love Doctor here😁

13 hours ago, kimi said:

Hahahaha. An amateur for sure lol

I spoke with my friend whose experience I shared, she made it clear to me that everything has been sorted out between them. We wanna use this medium to appreciate all comments and advices  unbehalf  of my friend, We say thank you all......Gracias..... We love you all... Lesson's learned.