Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Not Getting Served at Parties 😢

kimi

• Moderators

Hey Girls... this used to happen to me quite a bit and then I stopped attending parties 🙄🙈 hahahaha!

I agree. It is indeed sinful not to serve one at a party especially after the amount of slaying prep that goes into attending one. Lol 📿

So here goes...

1. How do you feel when you get skipped at the party when food is being served? 

2. What did you do when this happened to you? Beckon at the waiter, walk up to the food stations, create a scene ☻ etc...

3. Does it ruin your mood, do you shrug it off or does it leave you with absolute hatred for humanity? Lol.

4. How have you managed to ensure it doesn't rub-off wrong going forward. That is; your do-not-skip-me-ever-again solution? 

Lez be honest pliss :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

• Moderators

1. I feel (used to feel) sad 😢 lol and just somehow.... hahaha. I can't explain the feeling. It gets worse! In my case, everyone on my table would have gotten served. Then I started to target tables which haven't been catered to but what happened was that the entire table then gets skipped altogether! 😡

2. I simply sat there and stayed mute mehn... was just too shy/embarrassed to do anything more. Lol.

3. The result was road rage! Hahaha... 

4. If at all I attend a function, I eat prior and leave after the church service. I hate receptions now; it's been ages I attended one!:597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1: 

1 hour ago, kimi said:

1.when i was much younger, i used to feel sad, i just stopped feeling that way when i hit my early 20s. What i do is, i eat prior to The party, that way i don't get hungry and as such, won't miss a Thing peradventure the waiter/waitress pass me by

2.i Beckon at the waiter/waitress and lay out my grieviances. I love jollof rice, so its always heartbreaking when it happens to me.

3. YES! it does ruin my mood.its jollof rice and coleslaw and chicken we are talking about here. And yes, i am shouting.🤣

4. If you gimme, fine. If you don't, oh well..i would be drinking water and swallowing saliva

Its very very very heartbreaking. I am yet to recover from what happened at my cousin's wedding when i was 18. Because i was running errands, all the jollof passed me by. I felt like crying, but i was too mortified to even cry. Lol

2 hours ago, kimi said:

1. I feel (used to feel) sad 😢 lol and just somehow.... hahaha. I can't explain the feeling. It gets worse! In my case, everyone on my table would have gotten served. Then I started to target tables which haven't been catered to but what happened was that the entire table then gets skipped altogether! 😡

2. I simply sat there and stayed mute mehn... was just too shy/embarrassed to do anything more. Lol.

4. If at all I attend a function, I eat prior and leave after the church service. I hate receptions now; it's been ages I attended one!:597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1: 

LMAO!

3 hours ago, kimi said:

Hey Girls... this used to happen to me quite a bit and then I stopped attending parties 🙄🙈 hahahaha!

I agree. It is indeed sinful not to serve one at a party especially after the amount of slaying prep that goes into attending one. Lol 📿

So here goes...

2. What did you do when this happened to you? Beckon at the waiter, walk up to the food stations, create a scene ☻ etc...

3. Does it ruin your mood, do you shrug it off or does it leave you with absolute hatred for humanity? Lol.

4. How have you managed to ensure it doesn't rub-off wrong going forward. That is; your do-not-skip-me-ever-again solution? 

1. Still hungry

2. Signal the waiter.

3. No big deal. I'm always going to eat. People make mistakes. Being left out may have made me sad as a child, but there was always an adult around to ensure I was taken care of.

4. I have no problems with speaking up and helping one realize their mistake. 😀

3 hours ago, kimi said:

So here goes...

I don’t attend that many weddings but when I do, I never get skipped 😊

Well, except that one time when the waiter was trying to be unfortunate lol. It was a friend’s sister’s wedding. The friend was told and it was resolved. We ended up having too much food and drinks on that table 😁

3 hours ago, kimi said:

😂😂😂

4 hours ago, kimi said:

Lmao.. You need to appease the party god.

1 hour ago, Damiee said:

I don’t attend that many weddings but when I do, I never get skipped 😊

Well, except that one time when the waiter was trying to be unfortunate lol. It was a friend’s sister’s wedding. The friend was told and it was resolved. We ended up having too much food and drinks on that table 😁

We know princess 😀 do they wipe your mouth and reapply your lipstick when you're done?

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Hipstar said:

Lmao.. You need to appease the party god.

I tried... now, I've quit. Lol. 

4 hours ago, kimi said:

So here goes...

1. How do you feel when you get skipped at the party when food is being served?  .. Like I wasted my time 

2. What did you do when this happened to you? Beckon at the waiter, walk up to the food stations, create a scene ☻ etc... Because I cannot be begging for food in such environment, I curse the waiter inwardly even as I hold on to a tiny hope of being noticed

3. Does it ruin your mood, do you shrug it off or does it leave you with absolute hatred for humanity? Lol.  Yes! absolute hatred for the waiter 

4. How have you managed to ensure it doesn't rub-off wrong going forward. That is; your do-not-skip-me-ever-again solution? What can i possibly do? If i stop attending parties because of food na wetin I gain? Who will listen to such excuse and give me a high five?

The only thing i decided going forward, is to ensure i am wearing nothing short of a 6 inches high stilettoed shoe when attending wedding parties

As a good girl that I 'is',  when I go to events I don't usually have food in mind. Used to when I was younger but now that am old? Nah, I form posh at events and don't even eat except I go with friends. Can't remember the last time I went to an event but when I do I usually have extra money to feed myself my own way afterwards. Can't have all that baff_ups end with someone else's event joor. 

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

We know princess 😀 do they wipe your mouth and reapply your lipstick when you're done?

Lol yes they do and re-tie my gele cos I take it off when I want to eat 🌝

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Damiee said:

...and re-tie my gele cos I take it off when I want to eat 🌝

Hahahahaha! Mama d mama. 7 gbosas for you jare ☻🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

1 hour ago, kimi said:

Hahahaha Hipstar! I hope the shoes are working for you ?

I will know after I attend my first party since the resolution:597f839311844_tw_grin1:

• Moderators
Just now, Hipstar said:

I will know after I attend my first party since the resolution:597f839311844_tw_grin1:

Hahahaha. Okay. We will be expecting an update. 

• Moderators

Mehn... the worst part of it all were the stares from the people on tables that got served. In order to make sure they aren't thinking of feeling sorry for me, I concentrate my gaze on the couple and plaster a fake smile on my face that leaves my jaw aching after the event 😡

I think the very worst part is when I stand to leave. Because in my mind, I'm thinking they must still be staring, I start to wobble in my steps but with pride as I exit the building :597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

1 hour ago, kimi said:

Hahahahaha! Mama d mama. 7 gbosas for you jare ☻🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

Lol you need to behave yourself 🌚