Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

WHAT'S YOUR PLACE?

MENA

Growing up, as long as l can remember there has always been someone in charge(taking lead) of one thing or the other. 

Schooling we were all equals but there was always a class captains that acts or speak on our behalf. 

At home, there was always one older brother or sister that takes the lead (charge) when the parents were absent. 

At work there is always a manager or supervisor that take lead in the affairs as related to official issues.

Heterosexual it is a common understanding that the man takes charge.

LGBTQ, here it seems complicated but some how in between someone has to take the lead.

Now,

What is your place in any  relationship?

1. Do you take lead because you are       older or your girl is older?

2. Do you take lead on the ground that you are more financially stable irrespective of age difference?

3. Do you take charge because you kind of have a strong personality (stud)?

4. Are you indifference about who takes charge of the relationship? Reasons why and how do you strike a balance?

5. If you are by far older than her will you allow her take charge over the relationship?

Detailed opinion will be very much appreciated.

• Moderators

Now this is the real WAEC question. Loool.

Hmmmm... in my case, I tend to enjoy a style where there isn't a 'head' per se. I like to see ourselves as partners and at par. In my head sha... I think I take the lead. Looool. ☻

I had to do a dance about the answer. Lol 😇:597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1::597f838f111a3_tw_grimace1:

1. No. I would prefer the household be equally lead between my partner and I regardless of age.

2. No. Financial stability wouldn't play a role but rather a good sense of financial responsibility. If she's responsible I have no problems with her managing the money.

3. No. I would consider myself stud but I don't fit into that stereotype of wanting to play the role of the "man" of the household...only for tax purposes 😀

4. No. I admire strong women. Not one who would want to dominate me but one who has no problem with speaking her mind and standing her ground. I like a chic that's not afraid to check me if I need to be checked. 

5. Yes, in areas which she has strength. For instance, she may be great with finances or cooking 😀 so I would have no problems with her taking charge of managing the money or deciding on what's for dinner. On the other hand, I have a great deal of knowledge with property and insurance so I would expect to take the lead on handling matters regarding our property but of course she would have a say in all matters at all times.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michelle said:

4. No. I admire strong women. Not one who would want to dominate me but one who has no problem with speaking her mind and standing her ground. I like a chic that's not afraid to check me if I need to be checked.  

Lets assume you have a girl with huge age gap like 10yrs younger and you have this hitted argument with a friend who is your mate. Then your girl got involve in it taking side with your friend and you told her to stay out of it on a serious note but she didn't listen to you rather she went on and on because she sees you as her equal and feels she can speak freely at all time.

Now will you consider this act as disrespectful?

2 hours ago, MENA said:

Lets assume you have a girl with huge age gap like 10yrs younger and you have this hitted argument with a friend who is your mate. Then your girl got involve in it taking side with your friend and you told her to stay out of it on a serious note but she didn't listen to you rather she went on and on because she sees you as her equal and feels she can speak freely at all time.

Absolutely not.

I don't have that ego which desires to have a woman be submissive. I would never want her to feel less than me in any way. It would simply be the case of us having a difference of opinion on the issue.  

54 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Absolutely not.

I don't have that ego which desires to have a woman be submissive. I would never want her to feel less than me in any way. It would simply be the case of us having a difference of opinion on the issue.  

Great. It's not really about age. Which is why I feel a bit offended when people say I sound way mature than my age. Being young is not synonymous to being dumb. The fact that your partner is way younger than you, doesn't mean she isn't supposed to see you as her equal and speaks freely to you. (not in a disrespectful way of course). Especially if it's her smartness that attracted you in the first place. How then do you feel threatened by that and then want to shush her. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MENA said:

You rather she don't see you as her equal and speak freely with you because you are not her mate? 

Though she isn't supposed to go between you and your friend especially since you asked her to stay clear out of it. That is disrespectful. But are you more offended she didn't respect your decision to stay off your argument with your friend because she isn't your mate and by virtue of that, she's isn't suppose to see you as her equal and speak freely to you or because she was being disrespectful regardless of her not being your mate? Will her behavior had been excused if she is your mate? 

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Absolutely not.

Good to know.

Well l have always been in a relationship with people way older than me. I have always speak freely but when it comes to a  public situation (with her friends or relatives), l become more mindful because people will say why will a small girl be talking to a madam like that.

This is Nigeria.

3 minutes ago, MENA said:

Good to know.

Well l have always been in a relationship with people way older than me. I have always speak freely but when it comes to a  public situation (with her friends or relatives), l become more mindful because people will say why will a small girl be talking to a madam like that.

This is Nigeria.

Ok 😀

In America I would require those around to treat my woman with the same amount of respect.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mimy said:

You rather she don't see you as her equal and speak freely with you because you are not her mate? 

Though she isn't supposed to go between you and your friend especially since you asked her to stay clear out of it. That is disrespectful. But are you more offended she didn't respect your decision to stay off your argument with your friend because she isn't your mate and by virtue of that, she's isn't suppose to see you as her equal and speak freely to you or because she was being disrespectful regardless of her not being your mate? Will her behavior had been excused if she is your mate? 

Offended because she was disrespectful not because she is not my mate. 

Am of the school of thought that if your love one is in a situation like that, all you needed to do is to calm her down first then later give your opinion on the matter.

1 hour ago, MENA said:

Offended because she was disrespectful not because she is not my mate. 

Am of the school of thought that if your love one is in a situation like that, all you needed to do is to calm her down first then later give your opinion on the matter.

Oh okay I get. 

On 1/18/2019 at 1:58 PM, MENA said:

Growing up, as long as l can remember there has always been someone in charge(taking lead) of one thing or the other. 

Schooling we were all equals but there was always a class captains that acts or speak on our behalf. 

At home, there was always one older brother or sister that takes the lead (charge) when the parents were absent. 

At work there is always a manager or supervisor that take lead in the affairs as related to official issues.

LGBTQ, here it seems complicated but some how in between someone has to take the lead.

Now,

2. Do you take lead on the ground that you are more financially stable irrespective of age difference?

4. Are you indifference about who takes charge of the relationship? Reasons why and how do you strike a balance?

5. If you are by far older than her will you allow her take charge over the relationship?

Depends on what you call lead. Masculine lead? Heck no! I like equality in all shapes. Leadership just come to me without even aspiring.. but I try to not make a deal of it

2. 3. Not really cos am not the richer. I think it's more like a strong personality. 

4. Yes I am indifference.. age kinda balance it for me I date older people and also it really doesn't mean a thing for me 

5. Depending on what leading means to her. I don't want no one tramping on me. So probably

7 hours ago, DipBluSae said:

Depends on what you call lead. Masculine lead? Heck no! I like equality in all shapes. Leadership just come to me without even aspiring.. but I try to not make a deal of it

2. 3. Not really cos am not the richer. I think it's more like a strong personality. 

4. Yes I am indifference.. age kinda balance it for me I date older people and also it really doesn't mean a thing for me 

5. Depending on what leading means to her. I don't want no one tramping on me. So probably

Lead in the sense of responsibility.

On 1/18/2019 at 8:58 PM, MENA said:

Now,

@Hawken what's your take on this?😁

LOL okay just keep in mind that I'm a pillow princess on the inside. The masculine exterior is just for show. @MENA

1) If taking the lead or charge means who makes decisions and stuff like that, that's something my babe and i try to do together. Irrespective of age.

2) Again, we make all decisions together, irrespective of finance. The only difference here is i'm a lau lau spender, shes more money responsible so she helps me balance spending. I fought her on this before, but i have sense now.

3) LOL why do people think tomboys like to be in charge? I don't. I hate making decisions. Just do you but with my best interest in mind and i'll be fine 😁

4) I really couldn't care less. If you had asked me a year ago who was in charge, maybe i'd have said me (because i'm more vocal, mostly about my displeasure). But recent occurrences have shown it ain't really me and i don't even mind 🤣

5) Older or younger, if my partner decides to "take charge" shes welcome. So long as shes good to me and her decisions don't hurt me, i am good.

Any girl who wants to date me and expects me to "top" her will be sadly disappointed (this has happened before). The most "taking charge" thing i will do is to toast you. After that, you see this relationship, please captain it.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Hawken said:

LOL okay just keep in mind that I'm a pillow princess on the inside. The masculine exterior is just for show. @MENA

1) If taking the lead or charge means who makes decisions and stuff like that, that's something my babe and i try to do together. Irrespective of age.

2) Again, we make all decisions together, irrespective of finance. The only difference here is i'm a lau lau spender, shes more money responsible so she helps me balance spending. I fought her on this before, but i have sense now.

3) LOL why do people think tomboys like to be in charge? I don't. I hate making decisions. Just do you but with my best interest in mind and i'll be fine 😁

4) I really couldn't care less. If you had asked me a year ago who was in charge, maybe i'd have said me (because i'm more vocal, mostly about my displeasure). But recent occurrences have shown it ain't really me and i don't even mind 🤣

5) Older or younger, if my partner decides to "take charge" shes welcome. So long as shes good to me and her decisions don't hurt me, i am good.

Any girl who wants to date me and expects me to "top" her will be sadly disappointed (this has happened before). The most "taking charge" thing i will do is to toast you. After that, you see this relationship, please captain it.

Thank you.

Ten-Hut!!

Fall in Hawk..

Attention!!! 

3 hours ago, Hawken said:

Thank you.

Hmmm!😁

That is a good view over there.😁

I like the pillow princess thing.😁

If you have seen the movie "Bond", l love that part when Corki(stud) was ravaged and she  was just a pillow princess at that point.🤣

Just now, Txunamy said:

Ten-Hut!!

Fall in Hawk..

Attention!!! 

Lmao, you are Captain doesn't mean i'll listen to you sha, i'm that kind of passenger 🤣

Just now, MENA said:

If you have seen the movie "Bond", l love that part when Corki(stud) was ravaged and she  was just a pillow princess at that point.🤣

Lmao yes i have seen the movie and yes, that was an "interesting" scene. Can't relate though lol

32 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Lmao yes i have seen the movie and yes, that was an "interesting" scene. Can't relate though lol

Are u sure you can't relate with that scene? Talk true make devil shame o.

You on that pillow with all that muscles and your girly girl dominating hell out of you, making you scream like a little chicken crying for mother hen's help?😜🤣🤣

• Moderators
1 minute ago, MENA said:

You on that pillow with all that muscles and your girly girl dominating hell out of you, making you scream like a little chicken crying for mother hen's help?😜🤣🤣

🙈🙉🙊 :597f82853fcf9_tw_flushed1:

1 minute ago, kimi said:

🙈🙉🙊 :597f82853fcf9_tw_flushed1:

Arch you better leave here now before you transform from "the incorruptible Judge" to the corruptable Judge.🤣🤣

• Moderators
Just now, MENA said:

Arch you better leave here now before you transform from "the incorruptible Judge" to the corruptable Judge.🤣🤣

Hahahahaha... I must continue to watch over the flock not from afar but from very close range. It's my primary duty ☻🙄👀👁📿

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MENA said:

Hian! Something is telling me you are speaking from experience. 😂 

1 hour ago, kimi said:

Hahahahaha... I must continue to watch over the flock not from afar but from very close range. It's my primary duty ☻🙄👀👁📿

Good job your holiness. 👏👏