Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

The Wedding

Michelle

If same sex marriage were legal in Nigeria...

A. Would you expect to cover the cost alone, jointly, or have your fiancé pay the full cost?

B. Who would be most responsible for the planning?

C. Would it be a small or large event?

D. Traditional or non-traditional?

Video Credit: Damiee is featured at 1:32

A) I would expect we cover the cost jointly. But if my wife wants to bear it alone, Hey! Gladly😁

B)we should both be fully involved. I would be more involved in the catering aspect.

C)I'd prefer a small event. Not one for so much fanfare.

D)Non traditional

• Moderators

Lovely topic! Nice going Mich 😊

A. I could if I'm the one who has the means. But I'm sure she would want to make some input no matter how little -so I'll go with jointly.

B. We gon' get a planner yo! Lol. Or if it's her thing and she's happy to, we would do it together.

C. I've always wanted an intimate (small) destination wedding ceremony. 

D. Traditional would be my preference but this decision isn't entirely up to me. 

• Moderators

Hahahahaha @ the last two. He should go and work more! Savage. Thankfully we don't have to bother about such things. Lol. If it were my situation, I'll rather it is waved... we can arrange for that with the parents. My family doesn't collect any anyway, it is usually given back to the couple etc...

1 hour ago, kimi said:

Hahahahaha @ the last two. He should go and work more! Savage. Thankfully we don't have to bother about such things. Lol. If it were my situation, I'll rather it is waved... we can arrange for that with the parents. My family doesn't collect any anyway, it is usually given back to the couple etc...

You can re-direct your Bride price to me, would gladly Accept it..😉

Awww...My sweet Daughter kimi..😀

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Txunamy said:

You can re-direct your Bride price to me, would gladly Accept it..😉

Awww...My sweet Daughter kimi..😀

Hahahahahaha... you got that right! I'm very sweet indeed:597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

I don't know how I feel about the concept of marriage. I honestly don't think about  it but 

a. Jointly

b. We both will

c. I love small events and left to me I would want a small one only if that's okay with my partner

d. non traditional

A. Jointly 

B. Wedding planning is crazy stressful. A planner please. All we’ll have to do is make a few decisions and show up 😁. Although, I have a feeling I would marry someone that loves the whole planning experience.

C. Small. Really small and private.

D. Non-traditional 

A. Jointly 

B. I want nothing to do with it. I will provide input though.

C. Small private event

D. Tradional or a blend.

12 hours ago, kimi said:

Lovely topic! Nice going Mich 😊

A. I could if I'm the one who has the means. But I'm sure she would want to make some input no matter how little -so I'll go with jointly.

B. We gon' get a planner yo! Lol. Or if it's her thing and she's happy to, we would do it together.

C. I've always wanted an intimate (small) destination wedding ceremony. 

D. Traditional would be my preference but this decision isn't entirely up to me. 

Why do you think everyone said non-traditional except you? What’s wrong with a traditional Nigerian wedding?

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Why do you think everyone said non-traditional except you? What’s wrong with a traditional Nigerian wedding?

Hahahaha... Haaa. No o... lol. Non-traditional for me then!

By Traditional, I assumed you meant the whole  service in the garden, reception afterwards kinda not iro, buba and gele :597f82853fcf9_tw_flushed1: lol

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Michelle said:

There's nothing wrong with it to be honest. As a matter of fact, it is quite rich and always a delight. But for our lifestyle, lol. it seems like a lot. Lol. Dunno. Too much work.. 

5 minutes ago, kimi said:

There's nothing wrong with it to be honest. As a matter of fact, it is quite rich and always a delight. But for our lifestyle, lol. it seems like a lot. Lol. Dunno. Too much work.. 

I dig it. This new generation of women are so lazy. Damn

A) Jointly. But i think its safe to say the person with more money would do the most.

B) Wedding planner please. Although I might as well hire my babe because she will not allow the wedding planner see road. While i'll just be there like "anything you want honey".

C) We would have 2 events. Traditional and white wedding (non traditional i suppose) The traditional would be an open/large event. I find traditional weddings more fun tbh. The clothes, the dancing, the spraying, the kolanut/palmwine, the assorted arrays of traditional food, the telling her father "i have seen a beautiful flower in your compound and i am here to pluck it" etc. Love traditional weddings! The white wedding on the other hand would be small and a destination wedding. Just close friends and close family members.

D) Traditional and non traditional.

Hmn, for someone who doesn't want to get married, i've sure as hell thought this shit out.

16 minutes ago, Hawken said:

A) Jointly. But i think its safe to say the person with more money would do the most.

B) Wedding planner please. Although I might as well hire my babe because she will not allow the wedding planner see road. While i'll just be there like "anything you want honey".

C) We would have 2 events. Traditional and white wedding (non traditional i suppose) The traditional would be an open/large event. I find traditional weddings more fun tbh. The clothes, the dancing, the spraying, the kolanut/palmwine, the assorted arrays of traditional food, the telling her father "i have seen a beautiful flower in your compound and i am here to pluck it" etc. Love traditional weddings! The white wedding on the other hand would be small and a destination wedding. Just close friends and close family members.

Hmn, for someone who doesn't want to get married, i've sure as hell thought this shit out.

Nice

10 hours ago, Hawken said:

Before i read through to the end i was already muttering 'And she said she doesn't want to get married oooo' Thank your stars you rescued yourself at the end, i for finish you.🤣

Traditional weddings are fun as long as its not mine.Lol. i particularly love igbo traditional weddings cos of the songs and dancing. Oh! Those instruments. 😍

2 hours ago, Txunamy said:

Before i read through to the end i was already muttering 'And she said she doesn't want to get married oooo' Thank your stars you rescued yourself at the end, i for finish you.🤣

Traditional weddings are fun as long as its not mine.Lol. i particularly love igbo traditional weddings cos of the songs and dancing. Oh! Those instruments. 😍

😆😆 allow me to fantasize please

And yes, Igbo weddings are fun. Went to Anambra for one like a year ago. Totally enjoyed it.

12 hours ago, Michelle said:

Nice

Thanks 😀

7 minutes ago, Hawken said:

😆😆 allow me to fantasize please

And yes, Igbo weddings are fun. Went to Anambra for one like a year ago. Totally enjoyed it.

Thanks 😀

Go joor!

• Haha 1