Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

The Proposal

Michelle

A. Are you confident enough to pop the question or would you wait for her to propose?

B. Would you seek permission to propose to her from anyone...her parents, siblings, or close friends?

C. Would you propose privately with just the two of you, among family or friends, or in public for everyone to see?

• Moderators

A. I am confident enough. Either way works. She could very well beat me to it. Lol

B. Nopes. Lol. 

C. I'm a private kinda girl -just the two of us. 

A. I am confident enough and I would have to beat her to it before the thought crosses her mind.

B. I would prefer to seek permission, but only from someone that knows about our relationship and is comfortable with it. It would have to be someone very close to her with a great of concern for her well being. Preferably her parents but if not them her oldest sibling or best friend. I'm a bit old-fashioned and traditional when it comes to this. I would have to seek permission out of respect to those that care for her. I wouldn't want to give the impression that I'm just snatching their loved one away.

C. Privately with just the two of us.

A. I am confident enough to pop the question, but if she beats me to it, i might still propose to her. Especially if i have already bought the ring and was just bidding my time. Its going to be like a double proposal. 

B. Yes. i would love to seek permission from any of her sibling she is closest to, or a close friend of hers.

C. A private proposal. But one or two loyal friend(s) won't hurt.

A) LOL i'm definitely confident enough to propose to her but i also know she'll be laughing while i'm at it. Thinking about it is cracking me up. Also 100% sure she won't propose to me.

B) Unless she comes out which is very unlikely, i'm not asking permission from nobody.

C) Just the two of us.