Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

How Empire Star Jussie Smollett Paid Two Nigerian Men To Attack Him

Teewhy

Empire star Jussie Smollett paid two Nigerian men to fake a MAGA hate crime against him..

(CNN) —

Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault against him last month.

The Nigerian brothers, who were arrested Wednesday, were released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence." The sources told CNN that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

The sources told CNN the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

Smollett identifies as gay and since 2015 has played the gay character of Jamal on the Fox TV drama "Empire."

What happened

According to Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi, the actor told detectives he was attacked by two men near the lower entrance of a Lowe's store in Chicago. Police were told the two men yelled "'Empire' fa***t" and "'Empire' n***er'" while striking him.

The day after the incident, police released surveillance images that showed two silhouetted individuals walking down a sidewalk, and police said they were wanted for questioning.

The two men were arrested Wednesday. Police on Friday said the men were being viewed as "potential suspects" and that detectives had "probable cause that they may have been involved in an alleged crime."

But by Friday night they had been released, Guglielmi said, "due to new evidence as a result of today's investigations."

"And detectives have additional investigative work to complete," he added.

One of the men has appeared on "Empire," Guglielmi said. A police source also told CNN on Friday night that the men had a previous affiliation with Smollett, but did not provide additional details.

They said he orchestrated it all. 

Smollett has expressed frustration about not being believed

Following the alleged attack, Smollett's colleagues and fans rallied around him, expressing shock and sadness.

"We have to love each other regardless of what sexual orientation we are because it shows that we are united on a united front," Lee Daniels, the creator of "Empire," said in a video posted to his Instagram page on January 29. "And no racist f*** can come in and do the things that they did to you. Hold your head up, Jussie. I'm with you."

Smollett gave his first detailed account of what he says was a hate crime against him, and the aftermath, in an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America" that aired Thursday.

During the interview he expressed frustration at not being believed.

"It feels like if I had said it was a Muslim or a Mexican or someone black I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more," Smollett said. "And that says a lot about the place where we are as a country right now."

Smollett also refuted reports that said he told police the attackers wore "Make America Great Again" hats.

"I never said that," he told ABC's Robin Roberts. "I didn't need to add anything like that. They called me a f****t, they called me a n****r. There's no which way you cut it. I don't need some MAGA hat as the cherry on some racist sundae."

©CNN

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

Could this be true? 

Oh Dear! If the Above has any iota of truth in it, then this means he's let a lot of people down..

He'd be known henceforth as the psycho who cried wolf/faked his own hate crime.

i Hope its Not true for his sake

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Teewhy said:

I'm hoping along with the two of you, let us hope together:597f83a445cb9_tw_joy1:

Hahahaha. Let's hold hands as we hope ☻:597f838f111a3_tw_grimace1: lol

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Michelle said:

My brother suspected his story was made up from the get go.

It would be an absolute let down if indeed it was made up. Sighs..

2 minutes ago, kimi said:

It would be an absolute let down if indeed it was made up. Sighs..

1. No one is stalking him like that...he's insignificant and thirsty for fame.

2. His injuries were too light. Two hateful white males would've put more of a hurting on him.

3. White males are not bold enough to roam the streets of Chicago at that hour looking for trouble.

2 hours ago, kimi said:

Na wa... sighs... 

Hoping along with you Txunamy. 

Hahahahaha!

Happy sunday Arch.

why do people Even say happy sunday? 😀

50 minutes ago, kimi said:

Hahahaha. Let's hold hands as we hope ☻:597f838f111a3_tw_grimace1: lol

No way! I was about to reply this exact words to you, but i changed my mind🤣

Dang!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Txunamy said:

Hahahahaha!

Happy sunday Arch.

why do people Even say happy sunday? 😀

Hahaha... you're happy. I have not a clue. A Yoruba person must have started it. Lol. We love greetings 😶:597f824b9bcf2_tw_blush1:

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Txunamy said:

No way! I was about to reply this exact words to you, but i changed my mind🤣

Dang!

Hahaha... holding hands is by force 😐

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Michelle said:

His injuries were too light. Two hateful white males would've put more of a hurting on him.

3. White males are not bold enough to roam the streets of Chicago at that hour looking for trouble.

These are very valid points... You would know. 

It will be a real shame indeed

6 minutes ago, kimi said:

Hahaha... holding hands is by force 😐

I don't know if I want you holding her hand...you may try something on the sly 🙄

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Michelle said:

I don't know if I want you holding her hand...you may try something on the sly 🙄

Hahahahaha... it takes one to know one 😈