Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

we have been together for 6 years

Ladyj

We met six years ago, she was practically my first true love.

She was almost 10 years older than i was but we loved each other, she could give her happiness for mine and i could do same for her.

During these years, she was so crazy about me that she will invite me to her workplace to stay with her, we spent many vacations together. She virtually cannot stay a minute without hearing my voice,accompanied with numerous text messaging. We were so close that I could tell what she was thinking at any point in time and she could read me like a book.

Sometimes, we would even joke about traveling out to some place where our union would not be considered illegal, someplace like America or Europe. She admitted to me she felt more comfortable with me than she felt with her fiancee whom she met before me,she said she thinks she is gay (I have always known I liked women)The going was good. People envied our friendship even though they didn't know the nature of our relationship.

Then two years ago, she married the man in her life, I was left with no choice but to accept it because she said she would marry me if it were legal, I told her we could live together as friends without necessarily marriage but she was afraid because of what people would say plus culture limitations,I wished her luck in her marriage. we tried putting an end to our relationship but we just could not.Sometimes when we are together, I find myself crying but she would always hold me and tell me she could never stop loving me.

Finally she moved in with her hubby and started a family, I would visit and still go back to my base but I started noticing this huge distance between us, started noticing changes in her,like she was to engrossed with her family to care about me, like she didn't have time for me anymore, this broke my heart, I would cry for days because of this, sometimes she would seem to care but after a while things would get worse.

Last year, I applied for a transfer to the town she was, thinking being closer would make things better but it didn't rather it did the exact opposite.

We broke up several times and got back together.

I couldn't just let go of her as it seemed she had let go of me.

We see virtually everyday and all we do is fight.

My babe has changed so much that I don't understand her anymore, I think marriage changed her.

I am heartbroken and all alone; I built my whole world during this six years all around her, I can't imagine what I would be doing without her.

What do I do my friends??? Do you think she still loves me as I love her??? Do you think there is still a future for us or is the best thing to let go and how do I let go??? I feel so shattered. Thanks.

Hmmmmm.....babes its hard.but I guess u shuld let go.she is so consious of cultures and tradition plus she is married.I guess she must also be confused now.but I fink honestly u shuld let ha go

Sometimes when u love someone so much, their happiness comes before urs and if letting them go would make them happier ,for that love,u just have to let go.I am sure u want her to be happy and u might just have to let her go,to prevent her further into a confusing state and move on .it is never easy but u got to try..wishing u luck.

Sometimes when u love someone so much, their happiness comes before urs and if letting them go would make them happier ,for that love,u just have to let go.I am sure u want her to be happy and u might just have to let her go,to prevent her further into a confusing state and move on .it is never easy but u got to try..wishing u luck.

thanx guys,i really wanna let go because at this point it seems like the best thing to do. I really want to, but how can i do it. I need motivation and letting go tips. i feel like its a part of me that i am trying to disable. Is this normal?

thanx guys,i really wanna let go because at this point it seems like the best thing to do. I really want to, but how can i do it. I need motivation and letting go tips. i feel like its a part of me that i am trying to disable. Is this normal?

som1 pls talk to me. i am losing my mind

som1 pls talk to me. i am losing my mind

So I am doing great so far. Have realised that its only me that can make myself happy,only mua can love myself the way i wanna be loved, only mua can tekia of myself the way i wanna be taken care of. so until nature says otherwise,imma be myself's best friend,lover and fan.(i sincerely hope that am not being selfish here)

I LOVE MYSELF,and my self says: I LOVE YOU TOO SWTIE.

• 1 month later...

Am so glad you have moved on. I am so proud of you sis. Relationship/ friendship is not always easy, their are always trials and tribulations. However, part of being in love and loving someone is scarifying our own happiness for our partner or walking away for they greater good. It may not be the easiest thing to do but such is life.

My advise to you, Try not to erase they 6yrs/memories y'all shared together. Safe lock it in a special place in your heart and life goes on.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Good advice chocolate,letting go is one of the greatest and painful experience in life especially when u love whit ur soul Buh the peace of mind and calm heart we get at the end is what matters,so lady.j keep moving on don't look back am sure soon true love will knock at ur door.