Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

LET’S TALK ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY

moresko

@ moresko, I will have to disagree with you on this statement. So you saying Nigerian women f***k around because is a cultural thing. SMH, that doesn't make sense. People cheat for one reason or the other but in Nigeria is a bit much because of the poverty and they disparity between the rich and the poor. Everyone is trying to survive at all cost, so cheating is now a business. I think they call it RUNS. Married,straight,BI and lesbian women are all doing it in they name of survival.

In regards to people being in the closet, well don't blame them but blame the society they live in. I personally, don't consider myself in the closet. however, I don't walk around with a tee shirt that says Am gay or has the rainbow signs. My real friends knows about my sexuality but my fake friends don't.

In regards to accountability, hmmmmm, well when you have individuals who are willing to accepted anything including shit how can they be any accountability. Use this site for instance, on the average all you see is people wanting to f***k only. No one cares about building friendship and taking things slow... They meet you today, they want to have sex you the same day. Until we start saying NO to this crazy behavior and stop picking up shit from the street as girlfriends, There will be NO Accountability.

• Moderators

@ moresko, I will have to disagree with you on this statement. So you saying Nigerian women f***k around because is a cultural thing. SMH, that doesn't make sense. People cheat for one reason or the other but in Nigeria is a bit much because of the poverty and they disparity between the rich and the poor. Everyone is trying to survive at all cost, so cheating is now a business. I think they call it RUNS. Married,straight,BI and lesbian women are all doing it in they name of survival.

In regards to people being in the closet, well don't blame them but blame the society they live in. I personally, don't consider myself in the closet. however, I don't walk around with a tee shirt that says Am gay or has the rainbow signs. My real friends knows about my sexuality but my fake friends don't.

In regards to accountability, hmmmmm, well when you have individuals who are willing to accepted anything including shit how can they be any accountability. Use this site for instance, on the average all you see is people wanting to f***k only. No one cares about building friendship and taking things slow... They meet you today, they want to have sex you the same day. Until we start saying NO to this crazy behavior and stop picking up shit from the street as girlfriends, There will be NO Accountability.

@chocolat We are talking about 2 different things, you are talking about girls the selling their bodies regardless of sexuality. I am talking about women with the lack of accountability on the way we treat each other. An example, an African American friend (she is straight) of mine met a Nigerian girl, the Nigerian seduced her, they slept together and so on. The very next my friend goes to say hi to her, and the Nigerian girl shuts her down, curses her out, tells the girl she has a boyfriend, and doesn't want to be seen with her. That was mean. This is just one of many stories, it happens all the time over here. Because you're closeted, and the other person is also closeted; and because we have a culture that refuses to acknowledge our sexuality, you're going to treat that person like shit.

Wow that's a bit too much. Someone actually did that?? SMH..I've said this multiple times before, people need to stop rushing into bed. Get to know one another before jumping in bed. Am sure if your friend took her time to study and get to know this lady before jumping in her bed, am sure things would have turn out a bit different. I may be wrong

• Moderators

Wow that's a bit too much. Someone actually did that?? SMH..I've said this multiple times before, people need to stop rushing into bed. Get to know one another before jumping in bed. Am sure if your friend took her time to study and get to know this lady before jumping in her bed, am sure things would have turn out a bit different. I may be wrong

Lol, this whole shit happened in two days. They worked together, the Nigerian girl invited her to her place, the Nigerian girl started to kiss her and they had sex. She told what me happened that night, and I actually warned her because I heard things about the girl. The next day, when she went to see her, the girl cursed her out. My friend didn't understand what she did wrong, what made the girl hate her like that.

SMH, wow... that's so sad... However, if I go to see someone and they started kissing me all of a sudden, I will grap my shit and run immediately.

• Moderators

SMH, wow... that's so sad... However, if I go to see someone and they started kissing me all of a sudden, I will grap my shit and run immediately.

Lol, same here.

I really don't care what people say about gays... I think two guys are cute... And hot... I write more about gay romance than lesbians even. There's no diff btwn gays n lez... And anal (as it was pointed out earlier) is done by straight peeps. What about lesbians that do anal wif strapons? I think strapons are likely to bruise more than the real thing. Jus my train of thot.

I might nt be agreed with because I swing both ways, but in reality we all hv equal shots @ life- in reality no one is rily safe.

• 3 weeks later...

I think some lesbians especially African lesbians tend to see themselves apart from gay men (don't know why), I personally prefer being called a "gay woman" than lesbian. When anti-homosexual laws are passed, they affect all homosexuals (male or female), no exceptions. We are all involved in the struggle. So when you say "I don't hate gays", well you shouldn't because you are gay.

I agree wit u 100%. Its just their hypocrisy at play