Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

All you Need to Know About the 7 Glo X-Factor Finalists

FlyJ

• Administrators

The world’s biggest singing reality show is finally in Africa! For *** weeks now Glo X Factor has been entertaining viewers with some of the most entertaining musical performances ever seen on African TV.

In case you haven’t been following the hit show, here are the final 7 contestants competing for the 24 million Naira prize and an international Sony Music contract.

The Glo X Factor Diaries

Name: Michael Inalegwu Ogah

The-Glo-X-Factor-Diaries-2013-BellaNaija-August2013001-400x600.jpg

Stage Name: Ankara Boi

Nationality: Nigerian (Abuja based)

About

Ankara boi is a Law graduate from University of Abuja. He’s got a strong voice, and a commanding stage presence.

Popular For: Wearing the funkiest ankara pieces, as his name implies.

Code: 502

Twitter Handle: @ankara_GXFactor

Ankara Boy On Stage:

Name: Ethel Esi Eshum

DSC_0036_401glo3.jpg

Stage Name: Eshum

Nationality: Ghana (Accra based)

About

Eshum is a sassy 21-year old Ghanaian. She’s a single mother with a five-year-old son, and a voice to die for!

Popular for: Her eccentric Bohemian-Afro hair and stunning outfits.

Code: 501

Twitter Handle: @eshumGXFactor

Eshum On Stage:

Name: Philip Otuya

DSC_0003_368glo3.jpg

Stage Name: Pheel

Nationality: Nigerian (Lagos based)

About

Are you pheeling Pheel? He is a Lagos based RnB singer. “I am focused on coming out as number one. I want to be an example to young people out there,” Pheel says.

Popular For: His warm, soulful vocals have enraptured the hearts of ladies all over Africa! Ladies just love Pheel!

Code: 505

Twitter Handle: @pheelGXFactor

Name: The Symphony

DSC_0060_422glo3.jpg

Nationality: Ghana (Kumasi based)

About

The Symphony is made up of Solomon, 23, Nii Nortey, 21, and Silas, 24.The group started at the audition in Kumasi, they decided to enter the competition as a group rather than entering the competition as solo artists.

Popular For: Thrilling the audience with their vocal prowess and distinctive sense of fashion and swag.

Code: 508

Twitter Handle: @sympho_gxfactor

Name: Mohie Patience Uyoyo Oghene

DSC_0041_405glo3.jpg

Stage Name: Princess Pat

About

Princess pat is 49 and about the oldest! She’s an all-round entertainer: Singer, songwriter, actress, gospel minister, and scriptwriter.

Popular For: Delivering the most powerful performances of gospel songs on stage.

Code: 506

Twitter Handle: @p_patgxfactor

Name: Obianuju Catherine Udeh

DSC_9961_698glo3.jpg

Stage Name: DJ Switch

Nationality: Nigerian (Abuja based)

About

Dj Switch is a rapper and professional DJ whose primary passion is rapping. She adopted the name DJ Switch because of her versatility and ability to switch from one thing to another.

Popular For: Doing a lot of dancing, and delivering killer rhymes on stage.

Code: 504

Twitter Handle: @switch_GXFactor

Name: Victoria Ebi Gomoti

DSC_0086_444glo3.jpg

Stage Name: Vicky

About

A sensational vocalist, Vicky hails from Biseni in Bayelsa state. She believes that hard work and determination are the keys to her success. She has been doing her very best in the competition so far.

Popular For: Because of her powerhouse vocals, she is known in the competition as “The Voice. ”

Code:503

Twitter Handle: @vickyGXFactor

Source : BellaNaija

• Like 1

• Administrators

Glo X Factor; Ankara Boi leaves

Ankara-boy-Xfactator_Show5-2435.jpg

Mentor of the Groups, Reggie Rockstone hadbreather over the weekend when the only surviving group on Glo X Factor, Harmony sailed through eviction. This was the first for the Groups since the evictions started.

“I really wanted to win and I’m sad to be going home. But it was a wonderful opportunity, and I can assure you that you’ll be hearing a lot from me. I’m going to miss the contestants and the judges, most especially my mummy, Onyeka.” Those were the words of tearful Anakara Boi, the latest evictee from the Glo X Factor singing reality contest.

This week’s X Factor Result Show kicked off with the usual tense audience and nervous laughter. The audience knew that someone had to go home, but nobody wanted it to be any of their favourite contestants.

The host of the show, Toolz, was ushered in with a thunderous applause from the crowd as she appeared on stage in a lovely, shiny, black ankle-length dress with a glittering silver belt to match.

When she asked what the judges felt about the performances last week, Reggie Rockstone said, “I think they did great. Judging from reaction on Twitter, people think they did well. They worked hard, Symphony is still in the house, and I am happy.”

Onyeka, on her part, said, “I’ll like to talk about my children: Ankara Boi, Eshun, and Vicky; the level of artistry they have displayed has been mind-blowing. You can take them anywhere in the world and they will perform; they have impressed me immeasurably”.

Turning to MI, Toolz asked, “Who has underwhelmed you in the house?”

MI responded, “We’ve gotten rid of those people a long time ago. This seven are really good, and I’m terrified every time I come here because I don’t know who’s going home.”

Just as the audience were itching to know the two contestants up for elimination, Toolz announced a pleasant surprise that Glo ambassador Waje would be performing, and the news was received with squeals of delight.

The diva sashayed on stage in a black top and shimmering purple knee-length skirt as she took her place in front of the microphone. She rendered an inspirational song off her W.A.J.E. album, and the crowd floated away with her as she sang. Immediately after Waje’s performance, the seven contestants were called on stage, and in a show of solidarity, they all held hands nervously as they took their positions.

As Toolz collected the green envelope containing the results from the representative of Alexander Forbes, a girl in the audience closed her eyes and said to her friend, “I can’t watch this. My favourite contestant must not leave this competition otherwise, I’ll faint here.”

Knowing that the tension in the studio was high and playing on it a little, Toolz lingered for a few moments before reading out the content of the card. She revealed that Ankara Boi and Symphony were the two contestants voted by Africa to face the judges for survival.

“What? Ankara Boi? No way,” a member of the Dream Studio audience screamed.

Another quipped, “I think Symphony did a good job last week, but well, the voter is king. Now, the contestants have to sing for survival.”

Symphony, who were up for elimination for the second time, took to the microphone first as they performed “I don’t wanna close my eyes.” It was evident the ‘boy group’ still wanted to remain in the house as they gave their all to the performance. After the performance, which was appreciated with a resounding applause, Toolz said to them, “You gave 120%”. “Yes, we want to stay!” the boys chorused, slightly out of breath.

For his survival performance, Ankara Boi, ditched his gangster coat and came on stage barefoot to render “Gotham City” by R. Kelly. He invested all his strength and energy into the performance, and as his eyes misted over, it was apparent that he did not expect to be up for eviction. Midway into his performance, however, the very handsome contestant could not take it anymore as he broke down in tears.”I put in a lot of emotions,” he told Toolz as tears dropped down his cheeks.

When it was time for the judges’ verdict, Onyeka said, “Ankara Boi has been consistent. He knows how to express his inner child. He has empathy and he brings it to every song. I’ll like to see him go to the next gala show.”

Reggie said, “Like in all things I do, I like to thank God for being here; can I get an African Amen,” and the audience chorused, “Amen!”. “My boys, “Symphony, Reggie continued, “have been through a lot and they’re still here. I’ll go with them.”

It was now left to MI to cast the deciding vote, and everybody was eager to hear what he would say. “I’ve not been a huge fan of Symphony. I’m a bigger fan of Ankara Boi, but tonight, I think Symphony was eager to go to the next stage. Ankara Boi came in looking defeated already. I think Ankara Boi is more talented, but because of their courage, I’ll go with Symphony boys.” With that verdict, Ankara Boi’s fate was sealed.

He came back for his last performance in a stunning white tuxedo that had the females preening for him, with many standing up to applaud him. Other contestants came back on stage to join him as he poured his heart out. They turned to impromptu back-up singers to assist their colleague when his voice was too shaky to project out of the microphone.

Onyeka could not hide her emotions as she said to him, “It’s not over yet; you’ve made an impact. You have a great career ahead of you.”

To show that he harboured no ill- feelings against the judges, even the ones who voted him off, Ankara Boi exited the stage with the following words directed at the judges, “I love you all.”

Ankara Boi also paid tribute to Glo for giving him and others the opportunity to participate in X Factor. “It has been a great platform and I am particularly grateful to Glo for making this possible,” he added.

• Like 1