Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Your Fondest Childhood Memories

Michelle

On Mother's Day I can't help but reminisce about my happiest moments as a child. Name at least three of yours.

I Had soo many, its really hard to Narrow it Down.. 

So Many Beautiful Memories.. 

Don't even know where to start from.. Lol

• Moderators

Loool. 3  is a lot to remember. I recall being a very happy kid who laughed all the time -what about, I can't seem to recall. 

Fondest would be:

Times we went visiting and were given money. Lol

Christmas time when we unwrapped presents. 

Each time my best friend came around and we made out -my baby self was head over hills about him 🙄👼 Hahahaha

1. Christmas mornings.

2. Attending a Michael Jackson Concert

3. Joining a boy's football team and kicking ass.

These are the top 3 that come to mind.

14 minutes ago, kimi said:

Loool. 3  is a lot to remember. I recall being a very happy kid who laughed all the time -what about, I can't seem to recall. 

Fondest would be:

Times we went visiting and were given money. Lol

Christmas time when we unwrapped presents. 

Each time my best friend came around and we made out -my baby self was head over hills about him 🙄👼 Hahahaha

I know you had to be something else as a child...a little nerd with a wild imagination 😀

• Haha 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I know you had to be something else as a child...a little nerd with a wild imagination 😀

Hahahahaha... I had the butterflies as he was so delightful to kiss. Our lips were addicted to the other's lol ☻

I was 6 or 7 at the time. Lol 🙈

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Txunamy said:

I Had soo many, its really hard to Narrow it Down.. 

So Many Beautiful Memories.. 

Don't even know where to start from.. Lol

😘

1 hour ago, kimi said:

Hahahahaha... I had the butterflies as he was so delightful to kiss. Our lips were addicted to the other's lol ☻

I was 6 or 7 at the time. Lol 🙈

Chai!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Txunamy said:

Chai!

Hahahahaha..  fun times. He came around to see grandma every Christmas (for a 2week holiday). They were based in the States. 

1 hour ago, kimi said:

Hahahahaha..  fun times. He came around to see grandma every Christmas (for a 2week holiday). They were based in the States. 

Lol..Okay

You started off so young though😁

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Txunamy said:

Lol..Okay

You started off so young though😁

Hahahahahaha... I know. We played house all the time 🙄

1. The day I was called out in class at the end of the term to be showered with praises and gift for topping the class. I was in primary 5 then and the health prefect. That was my proudest day. Like I've topped the class severally in some of the terms in my 1st, 2nd year but this one was different. I was a senior and a prefect and being called out for topping the class sealed everything. I left the school feeling like an Einstein 😂

2. Sallah days are always fun. I don't know a kid that doesn't like sallah days in my place. We get to be dressed in our sallah wears, beautiful hairdo and our palms and feet all cover in henna. The part I like most is when it's time to share sallah meats and food to neighbors. I always get lots of money and Alewa (sweets) from neighbors. 

3. The day I started taking my bath myself. Even at 13 my mom still didn't believe I can wash myself properly. It's always embarrassing for me especially when visitors and my friends are around. I had to rebelled. The day I took my bath all by myself without my mom poke nosing and yelling at me to scrub my underarms and feet properly, I felt so grown up. 😂

Beautiful memories I had. Adulthood is a scam, fam. 

• Haha 1

Strangely, thinking of my childhood, all I remember is pain and longing. No happy memories to cling to as memorable. I envy those who have to share.😊

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Mimy said:

The day I started taking my bath myself. Even at 13 my mom still didn't believe I can wash myself properly. It's always embarrassing for me especially when visitors and my friends are around. I had to rebelled. The day I took my bath all by myself without my mom poke nosing and yelling at me to scrub my underarms and feet properly, I felt so grown up. 😂

Beautiful memories I had. Adulthood is a scam, fam. 

Hahahahahaha.... all you wrote were funny but this by far topped the list!

19 hours ago, kimi said:

Hahahahahaha.... all you wrote were funny but this by far topped the list!

😂😂

When people say they don't have childhood, what do they really mean? Whenever I come across people say this, I really find it hard to understand. Like you didn't experience being a child? You assumed adult role way too early? @scarlet, please indulge me. 

On 5/13/2019 at 12:59 AM, Mimy said:

1. The day I was called out in class at the end of the term to be showered with praises and gift for topping the class. I was in primary 5 then and the health prefect. That was my proudest day. Like I've topped the class severally in some of the terms in my 1st, 2nd year but this one was different. I was a senior and a prefect and being called out for topping the class sealed everything. I left the school feeling like an Einstein

It's not uncommon for Nigerians to excel in education...hustlas 😁

On 5/13/2019 at 6:34 AM, RedSafire said:

Strangely, thinking of my childhood, all I remember is pain and longing. No happy memories to cling to as memorable. I envy those who have to share.😊

And still you rise 😀

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

It's not uncommon for Nigerians to excel in education...hustlas 😁

🙄😂