Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×

The Lesbians (Nigerian Nollywood) Movie

FlyJ

• Moderators

I don't know what to say about the movie, but the highlight doesn't make sense.

What do y'all think?

Smh for the producers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocdjl0IPt-0

What does this movie have to do with lesbians? I don't get it. I wish "Nollywood" would stop portraying lesbians as thuggish, man-hating, demon possessed, sexually deprived women. This is just shameful.

• Administrators

Very shameful indeed. Nigerian movie producers are too lazy to research about their subjects.

I think it is just about the amount of movies you can get out not necessarily the content.

I guess because lesbians and gays are the hottest things now. I guess all you have to do is produce movies and add gay scene and it will sell. So this is just business for them.

• Moderators

I guess because lesbians and gays are the hottest things now. I guess all you have to do is produce movies and add gay scene and it will sell. So this is just business for them.

I have no problem with how they want to make money, but at least make the characters factual

• Administrators

Yea i guess so. Very unfair to the gay community though.

• 2 weeks later...

That movie is super wack! For y'all information,in that movie they are showing Nigerians that lesbianism is bad and evil.So watching it is like stabbing yourself at the back. There are other good lesbian movies like: The L word,The roommate,The journey(Indian),Fire(Indian) ,pitch black, Dr Greys anatomy,South of nowhere,Naked weapon,D.E.B.S,Desperate house wives,basketball wives,revenge etc.

• Administrators

Yes, i know...they just make it seem like being a lesbian is the same thing as living a miserable life. Really sucks.

I really hope they bring back the **L Word** or something similar. Superb series.

• 1 year later...

They can't bring out the real thing about the lgbt society because right now, society is not taking it kindly to even sympathisers of the lgbt society and thats how they will be viewed if they make sure a movie.

I was recently in a forum were the issue of homosexuality came up. People tried to reason that it wasn't their business who anyone decided to sleep with or fall in love with although they themselves were straight. Homophobes started posting that "the supporter or sympathiser of a terrorist is also a terrorist". So a straight person who openly sympathises with the lgbt society could be lynched along side them.