Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

secrets

chocolat

We all have done something or experience something, that we prefer to keep as a secret. Infact, some people will take their secret to the grave; Because once the truth comes out their will be shame and blame. So I pose this question to all

1. What is your biggest secret

***. Why are you so afraid to let it out.

***. How long do you intended to carry this burden.

At age 14, I was molested by a close family friend, that was my first sexual contact with any person and for some reason the sex felt good, infact I think I cam during the ordeal so I blame my self for it.

For so long, I replayed that incident in my head like it was yesterday and it pissed me off every time. I was mad at myself for so long because I didn't fight back, I hated that i didn't tell my parents or anyone because I was too afraid of the outcome plus I wasn't sure if anyone will believe me since my perpetrator was 10yrs older than me. I eventually seek help and through therapy and counseling, am No longer a victim. Although I have not disclosed and will not disclose that incident to my family. I know now that some people are sick and will hurt you because they've being hurt and knows no better. I am only responsible for my action not theirs.

• Administrators

We all have done something or experience something, that we prefer to keep as a secret. Infact, some people will take their secret to the grave; Because once the truth comes out their will be shame and blame. So I pose this question to all

1. What is your biggest secret

***. Why are you so afraid to let it out.

***. How long do you intended to carry this burden.

1) Being gay maybe.

2) I am not afraid to let it out but i just don't want to hurt my parents.

***) I have no idea. I have just accepted to live a double life at least that gets me through.

• Moderators

At age 14, I was molested by a close family friend, that was my first sexual contact with any person and for some reason the sex felt good, infact I think I cam during the ordeal so I blame my self for it.

For so long, I replayed that incident in my head like it was yesterday and it pissed me off every time. I was mad at myself for so long because I didn't fight back, I hated that i didn't tell my parents or anyone because I was too afraid of the outcome plus I wasn't sure if anyone will believe me since my perpetrator was 10yrs older than me. I eventually seek help and through therapy and counseling, am No longer a victim. Although I have not disclosed and will not disclose that incident to my family. I know now that some people are sick and will hurt you because they've being hurt and knows no better. I am only responsible for my action not theirs.

Sorry for ordeal you went through, stay strong.

@ FlyJ, I can definitely relate to your situation. I wish, we live in a society where people can be TRUE to who they are.

If living a double life makes life easier and worth living, Ride on sis.

@ Moresko, Thanks for the encouragement.

• Upvote 1

Two big secrets: the fact that I like girls, and that I was molested as a kid.

I certainly don't plan on letting any out soon. For reasons we're all too aware of. I don't know how long I'm gonna keep them in for. Lord knows I ain't dying to tell anyone either. Who I sleep with is my private business, and my abuse, well, that's another issue entirely.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

@ FlyJ, I can definitely relate to your situation. I wish, we live in a society where people can be TRUE to who they are.

If living a double life makes life easier and worth living, Ride on sis.

@ Moresko, Thanks for the encouragement.

Thanks

Two big secrets: the fact that I like girls, and that I was molested as a kid.

I certainly don't plan on letting any out soon. For reasons we're all too aware of. I don't know how long I'm gonna keep them in for. Lord knows I ain't dying to tell anyone either. Who I sleep with is my private business, and my abuse, well, that's another issue entirely.

I understand you.

• Upvote 1

• 6 years later...
On 8/29/2013 at 5:19 PM, FlyJ said:

1) Being gay maybe.

2) I am not afraid to let it out but i just don't want to hurt my parents.

***) I have no idea. I have just accepted to live a double life at least that gets me through.

Are these answers still accurate?