Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

20 Million Naira or Free Visa

Michelle

• Moderators

I'm super proud of the Nigerians in that video.. 

Choosing the visa in my opinion is very short-sighted considering you can buy citizenship (of certain European countries) from about $20,000 or sometimes less. In the hands of an industrious imdividual, N20million would surely be multiplied. 

Naturally, its 20million for me. I will triple that money In a couple of months by investing in a business, and with the money I would have in my account, I would buy my way out of the country if need be. 

So long as I have an education or skills , I'll take the visa. 20 million sounds like a lot of money but actually isn't. Moreover unless you are uber rich, there are somethings money won't protect you from in Nigeria.

20m and a trailer could fall on you the very next day, 20m and kidnappers will visit your mum, 20m is gone if you suddenly have a serious health issue. 20m and the police could arrest and rape you and your friends because you decided to "flex small".

The truth is 20m will not protect you from this countries lack of structure and corruption.

I mean just look at our politicians, with all the monies in their accounts a lot of them still have their kids based abroad.

I didn't watch the video but I have to add though that if its a visa to the USA I just might take the 20m. But to countries in the EU or Canada/Australia? I'm definitely taking the visa.

11 hours ago, Txunamy said:

Naturally, its 20million for me. I will triple that money In a couple of months by investing in a business, and with the money I would have in my account, I would buy my way out of the country if need be. 

It's not necessary though. You'd be better off with the visa.

1 hour ago, Hawken said:

So long as I have an education or skills , I'll take the visa. 20 million sounds like a lot of money but actually isn't. Moreover unless you are uber rich, there are somethings money won't protect you from in Nigeria.

20m and a trailer could fall on you the very next day, 20m and kidnappers will visit your mum, 20m is gone if you suddenly have a serious health issue. 20m and the police could arrest and rape you and your friends because you decided to "flex small".

The truth is 20m will not protect you from this countries lack of structure and corruption.

I mean just look at our politicians, with all the monies in their accounts a lot of them still have their kids based abroad.

I didn't watch the video but I have to add though that if its a visa to the USA I just might take the 20m. But to countries in the EU or Canada/Australia? I'm definitely taking the visa.

A visa and you get Raped?  A visa and the Rapist goes Scot free? How about a visa and you get crushed by a trailer? How About a visa and you are murdered? How about a visa And you need some organ Transplant? 

I am just saying same thing you said.. 😀

My point is, Nothing is Guaranteed anywhere in the world. Does the system work better in Europe and some other parts of the world better than Nigeria? Yes.. Even a new born baby knows That. 

I respect your opinion, But... what you painted Above is too dark Hawk... Did you really write that? 

50 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It's not necessary though. You'd be better off with the visa.

Hmm... Babe... 😘

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Michelle said:

How would you multiply it?

Lol. There are quite a few things to do with that sort of money. Off the top of my head would be venture capital. I enjoy the concept of part-funding/investing in brilliant ideas. 3% here 6% there -it all adds up. The returns go up to 20% ownership of those businesses. It is then up to you to pick smart.

If one is very skilled at trading on the stock exchange (or has a brilliant broker) it could be very lucrative but risky. 

Hopefully, with the proceeds from the above ventures, money once multiplied can then be used to acquire property that could be used to build a state-of-the-art events centre. Lol -this would then be your cash cow.

7 hours ago, Txunamy said:

😀 I respect your opinion, But... what you painted Above is too dark Hawk... Did you really write that?

The reality of Nigeria is dark oh so I'm just being realistic. The possibility of free education, way better security, free health care and the ability to kiss my babe in public beats 20m for me 😁

1 hour ago, kimi said:

Lol. There are quite a few things to do with that sort of money. Off the top of my head would be venture capital. I enjoy the concept of part-funding/investing in brilliant ideas. 3% here 6% there -it all adds up. The returns go up to 20% ownership of those businesses. It is then up to you to pick smart.

If one is very skilled at trading on the stock exchange (or has a brilliant broker) it could be very lucrative but risky. 

Hopefully, with the proceeds from the above ventures, money once multiplied can then be used to acquire property that could be used to build a state-of-the-art events centre. Lol -this would then be your cash cow.

Kimi Kimi!  I like you😀 

1 hour ago, Hawken said:

The reality of Nigeria is dark oh so I'm just being realistic. The possibility of free education, way better security, free health care and the ability to kiss my babe in public beats 20m for me 😁

The reality of Nigeria is dark indeed. Nigeria was better 30 40 years ago than it is  now.  But what to do?

About kissing your Babe in public, that is Golden. But the funny thing is That, most people living in the free country cannot do that. 😁

Its a case of "some have food but cannot eat, some can eat but have no food" 😀

• Upvote 1

Free visa to where first? Is it America, Canada, New Zealand,  Ghana or Rwanda? Lemme know because I can't shout 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, scarlet said:

Free visa to where first? Is it America, Canada, New Zealand,  Ghana or Rwanda? Lemme know because I can't shout 

Hahahahahaaha... 

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

Kimi Kimi!  I like you😀 

Loool. I like you too 😁 lol

8 hours ago, scarlet said:

A free visa to any country.

On 5/19/2019 at 5:58 PM, Michelle said:

A free visa to any country.

I'd pick  a free visa to any country.. Why? Well, I read some where on  twitter last week that an elect Lagos Lawmaker recently sat for the just concluded iELTS  exams to relocate to Canada and get permanent residency.  This isnt just anybody but a frigging lawmaker???!!! 😯😯 So, if a LAWMAKER wants to Japa, how much me, a common woman on the streets? When the rich are also running..despite their riches. 😂😂 ( na me go kon siddon ba?) Truth is, even for a 100m, I won't stay.  Nothing good can come out from this STINKY  shithole. NOTHING.😛

On 5/18/2019 at 3:05 PM, Hawken said:

This United States is not for everyone. I have a strong admiration for those that come here and hustle to make a nice life for themselves. Naija doctors, nurses, attorneys, scientists, engineers...drippin' melanin ❤️