Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

When Is It Cheating?

moresko

• Moderators

There was a time when cheating had a simple definition, but nowadays we are more complex and less accepting of betrayal of any sort in a monogamous relationship.

So when it comes to what women consider cheating, opinion differs. In a recent survey of 100 women,

36% believe that confiding in other women is cheating

41% believe that dancing too closely is cheating

35% believe that flirting provocatively is cheating

79% believe that getting private dances at a strip club is cheating

80% believe that engaging in cybersex is cheating.

100% believe that engaging in any sexual contact is cheating.

Along with this, emotional cheating is an issue.

Emotional cheating goes outside the boundaries of a normal friendship. Some common signs of emotional cheating are:

She shares her most intimate thoughts with someone outside of your relationship.

She seeks and gives a majority of her emotional support to someone outside of your relationship.

She depends on someone other than you (her significant other) to meet her needs to feel loved, connected and significant.

She's distracted by someone else when she should be present in your relationship (for example, out to dinner

with her "friend").

She spends more time connecting with someone outside of your relationship — talking on the phone, texting or spending time together.

With me, cybersex is cheating, any sexual act is cheating, and flirting is cheating. I don't believe in stopping anyone from cheating, if someone wants to cheat, they are going to do it. I don't believe someone's actions can drive someone to cheat, if you don't like her actions, break up.

Personally, I believe that if you're in a monogamous relationship, but your heart is with someone else but you keep being dishonest to your significant other about your feelings, its cheating. A relationship is about more than just the physical.

So what constitutes cheating for you?

I believe cheating is only that when it's sexual. Sometimes we meet ppl that seem "better" than our partners... Prettier, hotter, smarter... The works.

It's normal to get attracted to other ppl... But not touching... That's the boundary.

Cybersex is nt a loophole... It's still sexual.

There was a time when cheating had a simple definition, but nowadays we are more complex and less accepting of betrayal of any sort in a monogamous relationship.

So when it comes to what women consider cheating, opinion differs. In a recent survey of 100 women,

80% believe that engaging in cybersex is cheating.

100% believe that engaging in any sexual contact is cheating.

Along with this, emotional cheating is an issue.

Emotional cheating goes outside the boundaries of a normal friendship. Some common signs of emotional cheating are:

She shares her most intimate thoughts with someone outside of your relationship.

She seeks and gives a majority of her emotional support to someone outside of your relationship.

She depends on someone other than you (her significant other) to meet her needs to feel loved, connected and significant.

She's distracted by someone else when she should be present in your relationship (for example, out to dinner

with her "friend").

She spends more time connecting with someone outside of your relationship — talking on the phone, texting or spending time together.

With me, cybersex is cheating, any sexual act is cheating, and flirting is cheating. I don't believe in stopping anyone from cheating, if someone wants to cheat, they are going to do it. I don't believe someone's actions can drive someone to cheat, if you don't like her actions, break up.

Personally, I believe that if you're in a monogamous relationship, but your heart is with someone else but you keep being dishonest to your significant other about your feelings, its cheating. A relationship is about more than just the physical.

So what constitutes cheating for you?

I agree with u on ur definition of emotional cheating, but for me I can take that assuming my gf does any of that. Its jst a question of talking abt it so as to correct it. As for d sexual cheating, dats a no no

• Moderators

I agree with u on ur definition of emotional cheating, but for me I can take that assuming my gf does any of that. Its jst a question of talking abt it so as to correct it. As for d sexual cheating, dats a no no

I agree with you, emotional cheating is quite different from physical cheating but if it is something we've seen, talked about, tried to fix, and it still continues I would have to break off that relationship because she is looking for something that I apparently can't give her, and this other person can.

• Administrators

I agree with you on the bolded.

• 7 months later...

For me cybersex is cheating, any sexual act is cheating. I don't consider flirting,cheating maybe because I flirt a lot.

• Moderators

I agree with all you wrote @ poster. Thus,cheat me not and I will cheat you not. Dat's all

Are you saying if someone cheats on you, you would cheat on the person? Why not end it? Why continue the cycle of cheating?

I agree with you....cheating is cheating no how insignificant we believe it to be. From sexual act to flirting to all the above mentioned points. We should respect our partner well enough not to engage in any of these.

• Moderators

Maybe because I'ld like to take my pound of flesh before ending it.

Mmm, interesting concept but your partner doesn't lose anything so I don't understand what "pound of flesh" you're taking.

Lool. Thinking in itself I agree is already 70% the journey. I always think if u cheat its never a mistskem u were 100 % ready to. I cant even stand the' drunk' excuse as a reason. Alcohol only makes louder what was in thought! !

I agree with all you wrote @ poster. Thus,cheat me not and I will cheat you not. Dat's all

This post really got me lol!

This post really got me lol!

• 5 years later...
On 9/4/2013 at 3:52 PM, moresko said:

I call this inappropriate behavior at the most. I may partake in a private lap dance here and there, but only on special occasions in which I deserve it 😀

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Michelle said:

I call this inappropriate behavior at the most. I may partake in a private lap dance here and there, but only on special occasions in which I deserve it 😀

Okay🙄

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

Okay🙄

Hahahahahahaha... you should ask her on what special occasions would she be considered as deserving of it? 🙄

3 minutes ago, kimi said:

Hahahahahahaha... you should ask her on what special occasions would she be considered as deserving of it? 🙄

Don't mind her. Special occasion kor, special occasions ni😀 I know what she has in mind. 

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

Don't mind her. Special occasion kor, special occasions ni😀 I know what she has in mind. 

Hahahaha... I'm enjoying this ☻