Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Lesbian for Life, or Till a Man Comes Along?

Guest Lala1

This just crossed my mind. Some of us are lesbians, the rest of us, yes maybe we like girls, but for how long? Will we end up getting married to men, for whatever reason at all? Whether for love or mainly because that's what society demands.

The question is: are you a lesbians lesbian, meaning would you marry a woman? Or are you a lesbian till a husband comes along or your family starts pressuring you to get hitched??

• Moderators

This just crossed my mind. Some of us are lesbians, the rest of us, yes maybe we like girls, but for how long? Will we end up getting married to men, for whatever reason at all? Whether for love or mainly because that's what society demands.

The question is: are you a lesbians lesbian, meaning would you marry a woman? Or are you a lesbian till a husband comes along or your family starts pressuring you to get hitched??

I'm a lesbian for life, I know that, can't change it. I will marry a woman when I find the "one". However, I believe there are alot of married lesbians because of societal pressures but I wouldn't put myself (or any man) through that.

I honestly, consider myself as a True Lesbian.In a perfect world, i would like to get married to my partner whenever i meet The one.However, my family will NEVER accepted or respect us as couples. i will hate to put anyone thru any rejection or headache. With pressure coming from family already, am torn between what makes me happy and doing what family/society expects from me.The decision is not easy especially when i want my own biologicial chidren...

• Moderators

I honestly, consider myself as a True Lesbian.In a perfect world, i would like to get married to my partner whenever i meet The one.However, my family will NEVER accepted or respect us as couples. i will hate to put anyone thru any rejection or headache. With pressure coming from family already, am torn between what makes me happy and doing what family/society expects from me.The decision is not easy especially when i want my own biologicial chidren...

I agree with you on the wahala people go through to please society, but as for biological children? Artificial Insemination :)

• Moderators

@ moresko, Artificial insemination is very expensive, but it can be done if one has the money.

True, another option is.... :mellow:

Am sure their are other options available however is still expensive and you must have an understanding mate. Few year ago, A friend and her partner was trying to have a baby. My friends brother wanted to be the donor, of course that meant her partner had to carry the pregnancy. But her partner was a little hesitant and could not make up her mind, so her brother pull out.

So they went with the IVF, which was very expensive and cost them all their savings. She was unable to carry the baby to full term. They lost they baby and their relationship crumbled.

There has being talk of a scientific procedure that would allow two women to have a baby that was genetically completely theirs. It's called Haploidization. It has not being proven yet.

Am sure their are other options available however is still expensive and you must have an understanding mate. Few year ago, A friend and her partner was trying to have a baby. My friends brother wanted to be the donor, of course that meant her partner had to carry the pregnancy. But her partner was a little hesitant and could not make up her mind, so her brother pull out.

So they went with the IVF, which was very expensive and cost them all their savings. She was unable to carry the baby to full term. They lost they baby and their relationship crumbled.

There has being talk of a scientific procedure that would allow two women to have a baby that was genetically completely theirs. It's called Haploidization. It has not being proven yet.

That's really sad, about your friend and her partner. I've always thought of Artificial Insemination as a way to have kids. Not necessarily cuz I'd like to end up with a woman or a man, but because I'm exploring the idea of just being by myself. But I love kids, and would want one and there's where AI comes in. Quite frankly, the issue is a lot complicated for me too. I'd never want to lose my family or have them disown me, but I know that I like women. As far as men go, I've had just painful experiences, sexually and emotionally. *sigh* It confuses me sometimes.

That's really sad, about your friend and her partner. I've always thought of Artificial Insemination as a way to have kids. Not necessarily cuz I'd like to end up with a woman or a man, but because I'm exploring the idea of just being by myself. But I love kids, and would want one and there's where AI comes in. Quite frankly, the issue is a lot complicated for me too. I'd never want to lose my family or have them disown me, but I know that I like women. As far as men go, I've had just painful experiences, sexually and emotionally. *sigh* It confuses me sometimes.

I i definitely understand. Relationship does not get easier because you are with a woman, it can be complicated at times. Am sure in time, you would find the right one.

• Moderators

Like chocolat said you need a really understanding partner. Adoption is also an option, I would adopt if my partner is cool with it. I have had lesbian friends who couldn't afford insemination and used the "nuclear" option, that worked for them.

• Administrators

I am a lesbian lesbian ,and yes i will marry a woman.

• 5 years later...
2 hours ago, Mimy said:

What if I don't want to marry either of the sexes 🙄

Partial lesbian? 😂 

Part time lesbian. Lmao🤓🤓

if the man comes along, he'll have to keep moving like those before him because I'm actively searching for a wifey..

lesbian lesbian fi life.

on the other hand. I am really proud of how far Nigerian lesbians have come. I meet more women who are shitting on societal pressures by either wanting to marry a woman or not getting married at all. I'm really proud. some few years back, it wasn't so.

cheers to all ye woke women. let's stay winning in love and life.

• 1 year later...

when push comes to shove, it's harder to depart family, especially when they aren't 'getting' you. so many other  people come from broken homes or homes where it's been sour without love ...so it's easy for them to depart family ...so I find that in otherwise circumstances,  to break  family tradition isn't as easy as it sounds

also

with some docile-dependent lesbians we have In Nigerian society these days. you may be setting yourself up to pariahood by breaking family off..and then your docile-dependent 'partner' leaves you off to do what she knows best - being docile-dependent.  think wise

and..

and you like girls

and don't like boys

and  your clock is ticking

and you have really good genes you will like procreated

and what to do?

you are more confused after reading this