Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BE FRIENDS WITH HER

hotlivy

Good day all,  I need your candid opinions on how to deal with this situation,  I really like someone, I may as well love her but I'm in denial... Don't want to rush it at all..  She said she'd rather we are friends because she knows she'll hurt me, I don't know why she keep saying that tho.. she instigated our first kiss and admitted she likes me, nothing else has happened since after that kiss.  It's been 2 months now we kissed..  See bah I'm just a simple person working on my life, living within my means, I know I'm not that privileged to be born with silver spoon and have someone sponsor me in higher institution, I managed very hardly by myself and still working to get my certificate even though the institution has frustrated me to the point I currently left it to hustle out here with whatever life is throwing at me.  Happiness is very important to me,  I know it's not easy surviving out here,  I may not have the kind of dangote money but I'm happy with the way things are going..  She on the other hand is very privileged unlike me she's graduated,  working and doing very well for herself with an NGO company, good salary,  travelling the world,  I also feel inferior , I feel I'm not up to her standard though she's very down to earth and don't rub it on my face.  I tried to stop thinking about her but I can't,  also tried to pretend she doesn't exist but once in a while she'll call me and bam that's it.  The feelings and thoughts will come rushing back.  I don't know what to do... 

2 hours ago, hotlivy said:

She said she'd rather we are friends because she knows she'll hurt me, I don't know why she keep saying that tho

When people show you who they are believe them. 

• Upvote 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Michelle said:

When people show you who they are believe them. 

I agree. As it is, she is hurting you already with the mind games. 

• Sad 1

Its a Gamble you'd have to take with your heart at stake if you decide to go on.. The Decision lies with you really. 

You'll be fine.  🙂

• Upvote 1

Okay this remind me of a poem 👇🏿

If only I had a pint of sense 
I should've just kissed and said 
I know I don’t mean much to you 
Even if you meant the world to me
`
I promise I’ll seal all my feelings 
And throw the bottle into the sea
`
Good bye and then left quietly  
Stealing by then three full kisses

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mimy said:

Okay this remind me of a poem 👇🏿

I know I don’t mean much to you 
Even if you meant the world to me
`
I promise I’ll seal all my feelings 
And throw the bottle into the sea
`
Good bye and then left quietly  
Stealing by then three full kisses

Awwwwwh..... such a beautiful poem. Whose is it? 

• Upvote 1

In case you saw my former response, I wrote that because I was irritated. I know women like her...

Just do what you can to avoid her. She's trouble.

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2019 at 9:11 AM, kimi said:

Awwwwwh..... such a beautiful poem. Whose is it? 

It is. It's Sarat's. A friend of mine. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mimy said:

It is. It's Sarat's. A friend of mine. 

Okay. Its beauty is in its simplicity. Love it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 12:24 PM, hotlivy said:

Good day all,  I need your candid opinions on how to deal with this situation,  I really like someone, I may as well love her but I'm in denial... Don't want to rush it at all..  She said she'd rather we are friends because she knows she'll hurt me, I don't know why she keep saying that tho.. she instigated our first kiss and admitted she likes me, nothing else has happened since after that kiss.  It's been 2 months now we kissed..  See bah I'm just a simple person working on my life, living within my means, I know I'm not that privileged to be born with silver spoon and have someone sponsor me in higher institution, I managed very hardly by myself and still working to get my certificate even though the institution has frustrated me to the point I currently left it to hustle out here with whatever life is throwing at me.  Happiness is very important to me,  I know it's not easy surviving out here,  I may not have the kind of dangote money but I'm happy with the way things are going..  She on the other hand is very privileged unlike me she's graduated,  working and doing very well for herself with an NGO company, good salary,  travelling the world,  I also feel inferior , I feel I'm not up to her standard though she's very down to earth and don't rub it on my face.  I tried to stop thinking about her but I can't,  also tried to pretend she doesn't exist but once in a while she'll call me and bam that's it.  The feelings and thoughts will come rushing back.  I don't know what to do... 

Why not have an honest conversation with her. From your narration, it seems more like you’re projecting your fears and feeling unto her. If she is as smart as you say, she will feel it. Sometimes the things we say and do, says a lot about us. 

• Thanks 1