Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

How Long Do You Wait?

moresko

• Moderators

How long do you wait for sex in a relationship (emphasis on relationship)? Mine is 2-*** months even longer if necessary, because I would like a relationship before sex comes in. I would like the chance to develop a deep level of caring, and emotional intimacy for her. Sex will come when the time is right, but for me building the foundation of respect, kindness, truth, compromise, love and so on is more important.

From my experience, when the sex finally happened, its feel right. I don't feel like I have to put on a "show", its more intimate, more playful e.t.c because my relationship does not hinge upon sex. That's my personal experience though.

What do you think?

yea me too, love to wait a while b4 sex. tryn to bond with my partner but some babes jux rush into it. i have dated a babe for 1yr before sex, n we finally had the sex i felt like i could eat her.

Hmmmmmm, Ladies lets keep it honest and real here. Personally, I will like to wait for intimacy when am dating. However, I Am human. Even thus my mind wants to wait, my body is craving for something else especially when the two people involved is TWO very attractive people. Depending on who am dating or the situation, I can definitely hold-off for a month, after that hmmmmmmm, I need JESUS.

yea me too, love to wait a while b4 sex. tryn to bond with my partner but some babes jux rush into it. i have dated a babe for 1yr before sex, n we finally had the sex i felt like i could eat her.

Did you say you waited a whole Year??? Really?? Was she in the same town, city or state? Or Was she out of the country?

well l can wait for as long as my partner wants but in all honesty unless we are not in the same city.....3months is quite long for me.but if we can kiss and go first base then l can wait for even a year if she wants.aside that l respond to my

body when l am with a girl l really love.

How long do you wait for sex in a relationship (emphasis on relationship)? Mine is 2-*** months even longer if necessary, because I would like a relationship before sex comes in. I would like the chance to develop a deep level of caring, and emotional intimacy for her. Sex will come when the time is right, but for me building the foundation of respect, kindness, truth, compromise, love and so on is more important.

From my experience, when the sex finally happened, its feel right. I don't feel like I have to put on a "show", its more intimate, more playful e.t.c because my relationship does not hinge upon sex. That's my personal experience though.

What do you think?

yea I agree to the fact that this lifestyle should not be strictly based on sex.

Firstly, I woulld like us to have a rltshp, get to knw n undstnd each other well, I blive there must be communication, intimacy, deep feeling n love which 'll prompt the urge for sex. I can wait as long as it takes, but unfortunately/fortunately if anytin happens along the line as long as its okay by her then its cool by me, afterall it takes two to TANGO.

• Moderators

Lol, I know that feeling

Hmmmmmm, Ladies lets keep it honest and real here. Personally, I will like to wait for intimacy when am dating. However, I Am human. Even thus my mind wants to wait, my body is craving for something else especially when the two people involved is TWO very attractive people. Depending on who am dating or the situation, I can definitely hold-off for a month, after that hmmmmmmm, I need JESUS.

Lol, we all need Jesus.

Did you say you waited a whole Year??? Really?? Was she in the same town, city

or state? Or Was she out of the country?

she was in another state.

• 3 months later...

it depends on how deep the connection is, you meet some girls and its like you have known them yall whole life cs u guys just connect.

for me it could be a day, a week, a month or even a year depending on the pace of our relationship and distance.

From my experience, if u rush sex/love, u WILL cut d relationship shorter than its intended life span. I dated a lady once, who practically begged me to be patient, and let the love/emotions grow and blossom between us, but I was too hasty. In one month, I was already professing so much love to her. The emotions were just too overwhelming, that I wanted her to feel the same way for me. So I literally choked her with 'love'. Well its not a surprise that she called it off between us. I lost her cos I couldn't wait

From my experience, if u rush sex/love, u WILL cut d relationship shorter than its intended life span. I dated a lady once, who practically begged me to be patient, and let the love/emotions grow and blossom between us, but I was too hasty. In one month, I was already professing so much love to her. The emotions were just too overwhelming, that I wanted her to feel the same way for me. So I literally choked her with 'love'. Well its not a surprise that she called it off between us. I lost her cos I couldn't wait

I like.

I feel sex early in a relationship can either make or break the relationship.. As long as kissin n first base has been established u will know whether it's worth goin all the way....it could either draw both parties closer n not wanna let go or drive one party away...

• 4 years later...

I have tried this chastity thing and suffice to say it didnt work. 

Thats how i wanted to try natural hair thingy because it was in vogue and well, everybody is different o.

i can wait if she wants, i believe in respecting other peoples views and if its what she wants then i will  definitely wait till she's ready even if its years but from me ehn, i would rather eat the kuncha while its hot!!!!

that said, i have never waited before, in fact its from quickie most of my past relationships started. I am just a sexual being!! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, vina said:

I have tried this chastity thing and suffice to say it didnt work. 

Thats how i wanted to try natural hair thingy because it was in vogue and well, everybody is different o.

i can wait if she wants, i believe in respecting other peoples views and if its what she wants then i will  definitely wait till she's ready even if its years but from me ehn, i would rather eat the kuncha while its hot!!!!

that said, i have never waited before, in fact its from quickie most of my past relationships started. I am just a sexual being!! 

Lol , your matter tire person

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, avvi said:

Vina you are my person... only distance can make me wait. And once we do I know if is a keep or let go

Lmao! Badooo.. My person!!!

what ever your brand is, i owe you two bottles. (Dear lord, let it not be hennessy, nuvo or patron. #starts to speak in tongues.)

Well if the period of chatting and late night calls count as waiting, toh. If I sha set my eyes on you and it turn out you tick almost everything, we're smashing.  

• Haha 1

In those days, if we have a connection, mentally, sexually and otherwise, I don't see what we are waiting for.

However, these days, I am kinda selfish with who I give my body to. I will give it few months to really know the person well before sleeping with them.