Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Personal Space

Ewoma

When your lover tells you they need their personal space for almost 1 months,they dont pick up ur calls,dont reply to your messages.....What does it mean?Is it a Quiet Way of dissolving the relationship? Please ladies we need ur opinion a friend needs this advice? What should be her expectations towards d relationship?

When they need space,  give it to them.  The worst thing than being disrespected is being needy.  If actually they did want space,  when they eventually come to,  they'd respect you for your self-reservation.  Then it'd be up to you to take advantage  or just continue with tgem.

Awwwwnnn. It's really over between them.. your friend has to understand that.

Even if your GF has serious serious issues, isn't she supposed to let you in on it and y'all can deal with it together?

Just tell me it's over and why instead of saying you need space from me like I'm some toxic maniac bitch ruining your life or something.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Ewoma said:

When your lover tells you they need their personal space for almost 1 months,they dont pick up ur calls,dont reply to your messages.....What does it mean?Is it a Quiet Way of dissolving the relationship? Please ladies we need ur opinion a friend needs this advice? What should be her expectations towards d relationship?

I honestly haven't met anyone who is like this. If I ever needed space from a girlfriend for up to a month and I make it worse by not picking up calls or replying messages, then it isn't a good sign and I have most certainly lost love for her. I would instead end things than put someone through that sort of emotional trauma. 

Perhaps there are people like that. In that case, from what you've written, they are probably a mismatch and I would suggest that she gives it a serious rethink if she can't cope with the exclusion and emotional distance. It isn't for everyone. 

I can request for space for up to a month. People are going through stuff and there are some people who prefer to go through them alone. While it is expected, its not compulsory that I let a gf in on everything that concerns me. These things take time.

I don't know what advice to give to your friend though as we don't have the full scope of the relationship. How long have they being dating? Is her gf prone to depression? Is there a history of sometimes taking a few days or a week to be by herself alone with no communication at all? What were the ground rules of the break?

It could mean she has fallen out of love with her or dealing with lots and will rather go through it herself. Honestly, loving is hard. For your friend mental health and dignity, she should try giving her the space, stop calling her, leave her alone and move on with her life. 

A month is a long time "for space" in my opinion. I don't know how to advice, but I'll walk away from anyone who stays away from me and doesn't pick nor return my calls for a month. 

Matter of fact, in the space of that one month, I would have fallen in love again, and be married with 4kids. 

I'd say your friend should let her instincts be her guide. 

5 hours ago, Txunamy said:

Matter of fact, in the space of that one month, I would have fallen in love again, and be married with 4kids.

🙄

Finally my friends lover told my friend she has fallen out of love for my friend and she has right whose call to pick and whose message to reply?I adviced my friend to embrace herself and move on ?infact she should see herself as single all over again.......😚

7 hours ago, Ewoma said:

Finally my friends lover told my friend she has fallen out of love for my friend and she has right whose call to pick and whose message to reply?I adviced my friend to embrace herself and move on ?infact she should see herself as single all over again.......😚

Good advice.. 

On 12/5/2019 at 7:47 AM, Ewoma said:

This life. This is just plain wicked sha. Before she moves on, she should cuss her out.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Hawken said:

Before she moves on, she should cuss her out.

Hahahahahaha... 

Sadly, people are just plain selfish...

• Administrators
On 12/5/2019 at 8:47 AM, Ewoma said:

Aww that must hurt, but at least she was honest with your friend. Your friend should gracefully move on, but it is important she gives herself time to heal. 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 5:33 AM, Hawken said:

This life. This is just plain wicked sha. Before she moves on, she should cuss her out.

Why? She mussa known the relationship was dead for all that time.. No need to cuss.. Just move on. Cussing won't change a thing.. 😀

6 hours ago, Txunamy said:

Why? She mussa known the relationship was dead for all that time.. No need to cuss.. Just move on. Cussing won't change a thing.. 😀

But it will make her feel better and move on faster 😀