Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Nigerian Gay Married Man Secret Blows Open

FlyJ

• Administrators

A married Nigerian gay man Lucious, [name changed] is deeply worried after a phone fixer found out about his sexual orientation.

Lucious who is gay but married to a woman shared his worry in a Whatsapp group seeking advice from members.

In his text, he explained how his sexual orientation was discovered by a phone fixer after he had given him his phone to repair.

The text reads:

“I gave my phone to a phone repairer since my touchpad was not functioning well, I gave him my password, when I came back in the evening of yesterday after work to collect the phone, and the repairer says bros so you are gay? Clearly, he was judging from the [gay] video he saw on my phone. Too bad you won’t have married I appreciate you don’t call me again. I was speechless and embarrassed, but I collected my phone in shame”

Lucious said that he is worried and afraid that his wife might find out about his sexual orientation.

He said: “My fear is that he owns a shop not too far from my street and my wife and my niece staying with us recommended him”

This is the sad reality of many gay Nigerian men who pretend to be heterosexuals and marry women. Often, the women they marry are not aware of their sexual orientation. For most, the reason why they do this is because same-sex marriage is illegal in the country and also because of societal and family pressure.

The ripple effect of this is that everyone suffers in the end, an absolute reason why discriminatory laws are of no benefit to anyone.

Source

• Like 1

But this is a simple case na. My colleague walked on me watching a lesbian movie where two girls were having sex in my cubicle at work. My phone screen saver and all, all bear pictures of hot naked girls. Ask me if I'm gay and see how I'll deny you 🙄

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Mimy said:

But this is a simple case na. My colleague walked on me watching a lesbian movie where two girls were having sex in my cubicle at work. My phone screen saver and all, all bear pictures of hot naked girls. Ask me if I'm gay and see how I'll deny you 🙄

My thoughts exactly. Denial. But I can also see why his case may be difficult to wriggle out of -He is a guy. 

Guys have such a strict guy code that those sort of videos are an absolutely violation of it and could only mean one thing. Things tend to be easier with females...

18 hours ago, FlyJ said:

For most, the reason why they do this is because same-sex marriage is illegal in the country and also because of societal and family pressure.

This makes really me sad cos this pressure is real😔

Been thinking lately, would you ever agree to an arranged marriage with a friend you know is gay just to get the family pressure off your back?

Good morning Ladies!

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Chilee said:

Been thinking lately, would you ever agree to an arranged marriage with a friend you know is gay just to get the family pressure off your back?

Nopes. I have a very low threshold thankfully and can't be pressured into giving up my 'ideal'

Good morning Chilee

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, kimi said:

Nopes. I have a very low threshold thankfully and can't be pressured into giving up my 'ideal'

Good morning Chilee

I need this "low threshold" 😭

• Haha 1

Man one day I went through my phones gallery and saw a video of a guy having relations with a ram (and other nonsense). I was perplexed. Turns out I had automatic download checked on the Whatsapp groups I was on. Perfect excuse for anyone looking for an excuse. Feign surprise and blame it on those nonsense Whatsapp groups.

3 hours ago, Chilee said:

This makes really me sad cos this pressure is real😔

Good morning Ladies!

Thankfully, I have no "family pressure".. But I'd say, otherwise, No. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Chilee said:

I need this "low threshold" 😭

Take baby steps. You build it by learning to be comfortable walking and standing alone. One decision at a time of refusing to betray yourself and your threshold would be down to zero in no time...

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, kimi said:

Take baby steps. You build it by learning to be comfortable walking and standing alone. One decision at a time of refusing to betray yourself and your threshold would be down to zero in no time...

Thanks Kimi. Well noted💪🏾