Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Strange Bedfellows

Damiee

24 minutes ago, Damiee said:

I stumbled on this on my twitter feed and thought it to be a very interesting situation. 

https://www.thecut.com/2019/12/breaking-up-only-made-us-closer.html

The gist of it is they broke up but for several reasons, one being financial, they decided to continue living together. 

Would you live with an ex after a break up? 

No, but I would allow her to live with me if she needed time to get her own place.

• Like 1

• Moderators

What an interesting read. Lol. 

“I never felt like your equal.” -that line cracked me up big time. You're both broke asses gurl! 

25 minutes ago, Damiee said:

Would you live with an ex after a break up? 

My initial response was "hell no!" Lol. But then again, I could be adventurous. I could easily do a few nights if we are fwbs like those two are. Lol. But most certainly not on a permanent basis. 

13 minutes ago, Michelle said:

No, but I would allow her to live with me if she needed time to get her own place.

Lol what if she can’t afford to get her own place, as is the case of this two? 

13 minutes ago, kimi said:

What an interesting read. Lol. 

“I never felt like your equal.” -that line cracked me up big time. You're both broke asses gurl! 

My initial response was "hell no!" Lol. But then again, I could be adventurous. I could easily do a few nights if we are fwbs like those two are. Lol. But most certainly not on a permanent basis. 

Lmao why so harsh? 

49 minutes ago, Damiee said:

Lol what if she can’t afford to get her own place, as is the case of this two? 

If that were the case she wouldn’t be with me to begin with. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Damiee said:

Lmao why so harsh? 

Hahahahaha. Was just pointing out a flaw in her judgement ni. Self esteem issues are real and quite sad to be honest.

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Michelle said:

If that were the case she wouldn’t be with me to begin with. 

Now I'm curious. Won't date a broke girl?

Awwwnnn. It's obvious they love each other, maybe not in a relationship manner but they do care deeply for each other.

Now to question, if I or her couldn't afford to move out then definitely we can stay together. Otherwise, it would just be torture especially when they move on.

Overall it's not healthy except there's a chance we might get back together.

12 minutes ago, kimi said:

Now I'm curious. Won't date a broke girl?

With no finances or potential to have wealth...no way. I can’t be with someone that needs me financially.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Michelle said:

With no finances or potential to have wealth...no way. I can’t be with someone that needs me financially.

Hahahahaha... interesting. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Can you?

It isn't my preferred situation but I have no problem being a provider or funding my partner's dreams if I love her. The Nigerian situation is such that people often find themselves in certain circumstances where they are helpless and of little or no means just because they haven't been given opportunity. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kimi said:

It isn't my preferred situation but I have no problem being a provider or funding my partner's dreams if I love her. The Nigerian situation is such that people often find themselves in certain circumstances where they are helpless and of little or no means just because they haven't been given opportunity. 

I agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kimi said:

Hahahahaha. Was just pointing out a flaw in her judgement ni. Self esteem issues are real and quite sad to be honest.

Lol true.

1 hour ago, VINA said:

Awwwnnn. It's obvious they love each other, maybe not in a relationship manner but they do care deeply for each other.

Now to question, if I or her couldn't afford to move out then definitely we can stay together. Otherwise, it would just be torture especially when they move on.

Overall it's not healthy except there's a chance we might get back together.

Maybe it’s the hopeless romantic in me but I do think they would eventually find their way to each other, even though their situation seems really helpless now. 

I could live with an ex but clear boundaries have to be set. Also has to be for limited period because it’s bound to get messy when we start seeing other people. Also, none of that Okafor’s law lol.

7 minutes ago, Damiee said:

I could live with an ex but clear boundaries have to be set. Also has to be for limited period because it’s bound to get messy when we start seeing other people. Also, none of that Okafor’s law lol.

She couldn’t have company over at my house...only close relatives.

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Damiee said:

Lol. What's Okafor's law?

4 minutes ago, kimi said:

Lol. What's Okafor's law?

Lol something about if you’ve had sex with someone and it was good, you can have sex with them again even if you are broken up. That is, if the other party consents. 

• Moderators
Just now, Damiee said:

Lol something about if you’ve had sex with someone and it was good, you can have sex with them again even if you are broken up. That is, if the other party consents. 

Loool. Okay. Thanks