Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Going to heaven

Ladyj

These questions have been on my mind lately. whats your take on them?

1.Do you believe in God?

2.Do you believe in heaven and hell fire

***.Do you believe lesbians will go to heaven or do you think lesbianism is a sin or not?

hell is a forged concept used by people who are in d light to decieve and play on mans mind

trail back to the history of THE CRUSADE :which was a war between the English and Turkish people, u would see how the then Pope of England used religion to make Christians kill Moslems,,by simply making them believe that it was God's divine plan,that whoever didn't do it would go to hell

secondly, following the Bible doctrines, it was clearly written that the wages of sin IS DEATH..this clearly sums up the fact that the price we pay for our sin is the physical death we die

I really think we should hunt for truth and stop letting pastors,preachas,and the society feed us with hogwash.read ur history u would see so many instances where religion and beliefs were used to reduce men to weaklings. intact that's Nigeria biggest problem :religion and the concept of hell

finally, I said hell is a FORGED CONCEPT .I believe in heaven I believe I'm gonna be there

thats my view

PLEASE DONT JUDGE ME

• Moderators

Yes, I believe in God.

Yes, I believe in Heaven and Hell.

No, I don't believe homosexuality (the attraction) is a sin, because homosexuality is not a choice. However, I believe homosexual and heterosexual sex should be held to same standards in everything.

Yes I believe in God and I believe heaven and hell fire its real. @pinksush let me start by saying hell is a place for the dead so I believe u meant hellfire. Pls see Rev. 20:12-15 for more info abt hell and hellfire.

D crusades were btw christain Europe(now secular europe) and d muslim world.Heaven,hell?These are religious concepts whose meaning hav always depended on prevailing social mores.Atheists have always charged that man created God in his own image.As a student of history am beginning to suspect that this could be true.

Pls keep your contributions coming. We need it. I will contribute mine to the post. 1. Yea, i blv in God wt all my hrt cos I know his existence is real, I know dis cos I feel his spirit in me,I feel it in my soul, even in my body and i have had some very personal encounters wt him. 2. I blv there is heaven and hell fire cos the bible/scriptures said so but sometimes i wonder if God being so merciful can actually condemn defaulters to an eternal flame of fire as he said but again in all the scriptures there was never a time he said he would do somthn and didn't do it. ***. The bible said practice of homosexuality is a sin but I think anyone can go to heaven;it all depends on them. Lastly, i don't try to order my life aright cos i wanna go to heaven, i do the right thing becos i want the ppl all around me and the world to feel the essence of God which is love through me.

• Upvote 1

Pls keep your contributions coming. We need it. I will contribute mine to the post. 1. Yea, i blv in God wt all my hrt cos I know his existence is real, I know dis cos I feel his spirit in me,I feel it in my soul, even in my body and i have had some very personal encounters wt him. 2. I blv there is heaven and hell fire cos the bible/scriptures said so but sometimes i wonder if God being so merciful can actually condemn defaulters to an eternal flame of fire as he said but again in all the scriptures there was never a time he said he would do somthn and didn't do it. ***. The bible said practice of homosexuality is a sin but I think anyone can go to heaven;it all depends on them. Lastly, i don't try to order my life aright cos i wanna go to heaven, i do the right thing becos i want the ppl all around me and the world to feel the essence of God which is love through me.

U go girl. I feel u and im with you

• Administrators

hell is a forged concept used by people who are in d light to decieve and play on mans mind

trail back to the history of THE CRUSADE :which was a war between the English and Turkish people, u would see how the then Pope of England used religion to make Christians kill Moslems,,by simply making them believe that it was God's divine plan,that whoever didn't do it would go to hell

secondly, following the Bible doctrines, it was clearly written that the wages of sin IS DEATH..this clearly sums up the fact that the price we pay for our sin is the physical death we die

I really think we should hunt for truth and stop letting pastors,preachas,and the society feed us with hogwash.read ur history u would see so many instances where religion and beliefs were used to reduce men to weaklings. intact that's Nigeria biggest problem :religion and the concept of hell

finally, I said hell is a FORGED CONCEPT .I believe in heaven I believe I'm gonna be there

thats my view

PLEASE DONT JUDGE ME

I agree with you on the issue of Religion. Indeed Religion is not only Nigeria but Africa's biggest problem. People are too lazy to search for the truth.

@OP

1.Do you believe in God? ----- Yes,i believe in God.

2.Do you believe in heaven and hell fire --- Yes, i believe in heaven and hell.

***.Do you believe lesbians will go to heaven or do you think lesbianism is a sin or not? -- I do not think lesbianism is a sin ,and i believe lesbians will go to heaven. I cannot say all lesbians will go to heaven; It is a personal race and like the bible puts it "Salvation".

My own 2cents.

I believe in GOD and a higher power. I do believe when we die, we all go somewhere but definitely not HELL.

The Bible says lesbianism is a sin.Adultery,lieing, lusting and stealing is also a sin. I think GOD created us in his image and he wants each individual to live a happy and fulfilled life.

• Moderators

I agree with you on the issue of Religion. Indeed Religion is not only Nigeria but Africa's biggest problem. People are too lazy to search for the truth.

@OP

[/b][/font]

I don't believe Religion is Africa's greatest. Hypocrisy is our greatest problem, we hide behind religion, and do despicable in the name of it. The corruption, and most (not all) of the other things that plague Africa has nothing to do with religion; neither Christianity nor Islam (or any other religion I know) advocates stealing from your country's people to build mansions around the world while your people suffer. Evil is in man's nature, as Good is in man's nature. Let's stop blaming religion for what we've brought on ourselves.

I don't believe Religion is Africa's greatest. Hypocrisy is our greatest problem, we hide behind religion, and do despicable in the name of it. The corruption, and most (not all) of the other things that plague Africa has nothing to do with religion; neither Christianity nor Islam (or any other religion I know) advocates stealing from your country's people to build mansions around the world while your people suffer. Evil is in man's nature, as Good is in man's nature. Let's stop blaming religion for what we've brought on ourselves.

Well said..

I believe in GOD and a higher power. I do believe when we die, we all go somewhere but definitely not HELL.

The Bible says lesbianism is a sin.Adultery,lieing, lusting and stealing is also a sin. I think GOD created us in his image and he wants each individual to live a happy and fulfilled life.

Yes chocolat, the bible did say that homosexuality is a sin, infact it called it unnatural. just as it put it in Jude 1 vs 7... just as Sodom and Gomorah and the surrounding cities which likewise acted immorally and indulged in UNNATURAL lust, serve as example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. (Revised Standard Edition)

Infact the one chapter short piece of the book of Jude in the bible addressed mainly the issue of homosexuality.

1.Does it mean that lesbians (even though we did not choose to be so) will undergo a punishment of eternal fire?

2. or do we ignore our like pair attraction and strife to live according to the bible idealism (man-woman) as part of the sacrifice we make for God?

Yes chocolat, the bible did say that homosexuality is a sin, infact it called it unnatural. just as it put it in Jude 1 vs 7... just as Sodom and Gomorah and the surrounding cities which likewise acted immorally and indulged in UNNATURAL lust, serve as example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. (Revised Standard Edition)

Infact the one chapter short piece of the book of Jude in the bible addressed mainly the issue of homosexuality.

1.Does it mean that lesbians (even though we did not choose to be so) will undergo a punishment of eternal fire?

2. or do we ignore our like pair attraction and strife to live according to the bible idealism (man-woman) as part of the sacrifice we make for God?

He is a Forgiven God. I do not believe in eternal fire because thats a horrible place to be. He created us in his Devine image and this is who we are.

• Administrators

I beg to differ. Religion has caused division,poverty,corruption(Pastors included), hypocrisy etc. Corruption has a lot to do with religion; You mention neither Christianity nor Islam (or any other religion I know) advocates stealing from your country's people to build mansions around the world while your people suffer, does this same rule apply to Pastors? How come no one questions Pastors like Oyedepo, Adeboye and co? Are they any different from Politicians? Or it is okay for them to buy private jets, build universities with tithes and same members who donated(offering, tithes) cannot afford to send their children to the school??? **Oops i forgot 1 Chronicles 16:22 (Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm)**. Little wonder why the whites who brought Religion to Africa are not as religious as us. How ironic? Africa the most religious and poorest continent on Earth. Way to go!

U are very right Fly j.The most religious societies on earth are also the most unjust.The problem is that the rich and powerful always connive with the religious establishment and turn religion into a tool for the control of the masses.

• Moderators

I beg to differ. Religion has caused division,poverty,corruption(Pastors included), hypocrisy etc. Corruption has a lot to do with religion; You mention neither Christianity nor Islam (or any other religion I know) advocates stealing from your country's people to build mansions around the world while your people suffer, does this same rule apply to Pastors? How come no one questions Pastors like Oyedepo, Adeboye and co? Are they any different from Politicians? Or it is okay for them to buy private jets, build universities with tithes and same members who donated(offering, tithes) cannot afford to send their children to the school??? **Oops i forgot 1 Chronicles 16:22 (Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm)**. Little wonder why the whites who brought Religion to Africa are not as religious as us. How ironic? Africa the most religious and poorest continent on Earth. Way to go!

The last time I checked Oyedepo, Adeboye and co, are not leaders of countries, they are church leaders. As for Chronicles 16:22, the passage in question refers to the original patriarchs, not the prophets of the New Covenant. Personally, I have never met any pastor that has used this passage to justify any sort of special entitlement, and whoever does that misses the whole point of "servant leadership". How has religion caused poverty, corruption, and so on? I need real proof. If I kill a man today, does it mean Christianity killed him, or I kill him? Because a man cloaks himself in religion doesn't not mean he practices the tenets of the religion. Whites didn't bring religion to Africa, we worshipped "gods" before the white man ever got here. Remember Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge", Galatians ***:26-27 "You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ", christians are children of God through our faith in Christ, not our pastors. Let's remember that.

• 6 years later...
On 10/21/2013 at 7:15 AM, Ladyj said:

These questions have been on my mind lately. whats your take on them?

1.Do you believe in God?

2.Do you believe in heaven and hell fire

***.Do you believe lesbians will go to heaven or do you think lesbianism is a sin or not?

1. I believe in the existence of a higher power.

2. Somewhat.

3. I believe there is a heavenly place for all good souls to rest as well one for the not so good which may not be as heavenly.

• Moderators

1. Yes. We are ourselves gods as well. 

2. No. I see these as tools of manipulation to instill fear and force compliance. 

3. A lesbian is essentially who you are. You most certainly can't be purnished for that. The universe instead rewards you with peace and joy each time you live your truth. That peace and joy is your sign that you are on the right path and in alignment with your life's purpose.

1)I believe there is a God.

2)There might be heaven and hell but look around and tell me the life most people are living now is not hell already..

**Religion is a tool of control so it fitting that most religion tells you who they think you should love.....

The bible(other Holy book) was written by men and i strongly believe it has been altered a lot of times. And like that's not enough, we are also told how to understand it...

If you believe in God, then its really between the two of you....