Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

kimi

• Moderators

Would you date someone who is not as educated as you?

So for example, your highest qualification is a B.Sc/BA (University). Can you enter into a relationship with someone who stopped at the Primary School or Secondary School level?

• Downvote 1

• Moderators

This is a tough one. 

I wouldn't. Except there is something extraordinary about her.

• Downvote 1

I value a woman's culinary skill level more. A woman that can't cook is worthless to me. I've been spoiled 😏

• Downvote 2

45 minutes ago, kimi said:

Would you date someone who is not as educated as you?

So for example, your highest qualification is a B.Sc/BA (University). Can you enter into a relationship with someone who stopped at the Primary School or Secondary School level?

Quite a number of factors come to play but generally as long as they're smart and can pay their bills, sure!

8 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I value a woman's culinary skill level more. A woman that can't cook is worthless to me. I've been spoiled 😏

😀 silly

1 minute ago, Chilee said:

Ahh okay! 

Even in that Nigeria I cooked for my boo with limited ingredients and made it pop.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Even in that Nigeria I cooked for my boo with limited ingredients and made it pop.

There's a popular Nigerian proverb; "Concoction rice na im dey sweet pass". 😁

Over a decade after BSc and me and most people in my age group are starting to realize that our Bsc and Masters degree is great but its not that great. Book smart is something but it isn't everything.

I would date her if she's my type (boujee) and makes her own paper. 😀

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Michelle said:

Man, I suppose some people might think this is a preference but this statement is incredibly problematic. Women are literally fighting to be seen as whole human beings as opposed to "the gender that should know how to cook". So this is not an okay thing to say at all, irrespective of weather you can cook or not.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

On 4/5/2020 at 7:26 PM, Michelle said:

Noooo...you’re joking lol

but that’s a skill I think anyone can easily pick up now...might even be fun to teach her to cook

I don’t see why I wouldn’t date her...as long as she’s willing to learn it’s fine 🙂

Waaaait, what did I just read? *squints eyes*

Wowsers! Small sabbatical that I took and this is how low we have stooped? We're now so proud of spewing outdated stereotypes, prejudice, disdain and disregard for women? I know 2020 is bad, but not bad enough that we don't call each other out for reducing women to being worthless to someone else because they can or can't cook. Women are a lot more than that and I hope, and it is our duty as queer women who are trying to live outside heteronormativity to recognise this. Even be champions of this. Women have agency not worthiness due to their ability to cook for you. Kai, I have to say, I am very pained by this post

• Like 7
  • Downvote 1