Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

I had some fries with gravy while visiting Amsterdam. The fries were bomb, but my stomach turned upside down when I learned the gravy had minced horse meat in it 🤢

• Like 1

That would be bush meat. I unknowingly ate it at a restaurant one time back when I was in the university. I can't forget how my stomach churned the moment I took a bite and realised it wasn't beef. 

I know some people eat it, but it was strange to me cause bush meat is something I hate and I am incredibly scared of. It looks like a rat, and I hate rats. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Michelle said:

I had some fries with gravy while visiting Amsterdam. The fries were bomb, but my stomach turned upside down when I learned the gravy had minced horse meat in it 🤢

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, FlyJ said:

What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

Those giant maggots from palm trees and black/blood pudding; would definitely eat them again though😋

• Sad 1

• Moderators

Crocodile meat. Lol. It wasn't so bad and I couldn't tell the difference till I was told. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Chilee said:

Those giant maggots from palm trees and black/blood pudding; would definitely eat them again though😋

Hahahahahaha. Wow!  Na wa 🙊

• Haha 1

Just now, kimi said:

Hahahahahaha. Wow!  Na wa 🙊

I don't discriminate when it comes to food 😂 except dogs and cats though which quite a number of people around me have eaten🤢

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kimi said:

Crocodile meat. Lol. It wasn't so bad and I couldn't tell the difference till I was told. 

Wow.. didn't even know this was available. Would totally try it!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I don't discriminate when it comes to food 😂 except dogs and cats though which quite a number of people around me have eaten🤢

I'm also quite adventurous with food but I know when to draw the line. Lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Txunamy said:

That would be bush meat. I unknowingly ate it at a restaurant one time back when I was in the university. I can't forget how my stomach churned the moment I took a bite and realised it wasn't beef. 

I know some people eat it, but it was strange to me cause bush meat is something I hate and I am incredibly scared of. It looks like a rat, and I hate rats. 

Wow.. interesting! Bush meat is top tier for me! Loveet!

• Moderators

Wow.. didn't even know this was available. Would totally try it!

Hahahahahaha. You should. I had it when I was in Makurdi, Benue State

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chilee said:

Ewww. That's like eating rats you know? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

Ewww. That's like eating rats you know? 

Rat wey go Harvard 😂 

I see them as rabbits, which I've eaten too but I understand your bias.

Rat wey go Harvard 😂 

I see them as rabbits, which I've eaten too but I understand your bias.

You've had rabbits too? Okay, cased closed. Lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Txunamy said:

You've had rabbits too?

Hahaha.. yep! At an Indian restaurant, it was quite pricey too!

6 minutes ago, Chilee said:

Rat wey go Harvard 😂 

No be only Harvard.. How about Yale, Princeton,  Columbia,  and Brown? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

No be only Harvard.. How about Yale, Princeton,  Columbia,  and Brown? 

All join!😂

A Gaboon viper.. I was visiting home and the snake had bitten one my uncle at his construction site. Fortunately, he was with some of my other uncles who immediately killed the snake then rushed my injured uncle to Unth. They later came back home with the dead huge snake, prepared and barbeque it  after which we all sat and ate. 

On 4/8/2020 at 7:32 AM, Txunamy said:

But was it not nice? Was it not tasty? 😁😁 Say the truth 😁😁😁

21 hours ago, Chilee said:

Edible worms! Love their heads! Crunch crunch! 😁

21 hours ago, kimi said:

I would totally eat this just to prove to crocodiles all over the world that I'm still the bigger animal 😐😒

21 hours ago, Chilee said:

Bush meat is everything! 

18 hours ago, scarlet said:

A Gaboon viper.. I was visiting home and the snake had bitten one my uncle at his construction site. Fortunately, he was with some of my other uncles who immediately killed the snake then rushed my injured uncle to Unth. They later came back home with the dead huge snake, prepared and barbeque it  after which we all sat and ate. 

Lmao I would have totally eaten it too , even if just out of spite and to prove a point

• Haha 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Hawken said:

would totally eat this just to prove to crocodiles all over the world that I'm still the bigger animal 😐😒

Hahahahahahaha. Smh

@Hawken,  till date, it remains the most horrible thing I have ever tasted. I stopped eating out in school after that experience. That's how scarred I was. 

Do you eat bat, frog, and monkey? I know most people who eat bush meat eat monkeys and bats too. 

Some tribes here eat dried frog or is toad? 

Gross, gross, grossss!!! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

@Hawken,  till date, it remains the most horrible thing I have ever tasted. I stopped eating out in school after that experience. That's how scarred I was. 

Do you eat bat, frog, and monkey? I know most people who eat bush meat eat monkeys and bats too. 

Some tribes here eat dried frog or is toad? 

Gross, gross, grossss!!! 

Oh wowww sorryyyyyyy 😂

And no I don't eat bats, frogs or monkeys. I have mistakenly eaten a monkey before sha, it was tasty. But it turned out to be the monkey my uncle had brought from the village. I had started to get attached, so it really pained me. 

But grasscutters, wild pigs, antelopes and rabbits are animals I will willingly and happily seat down to 😁