Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

My grandad told me years back that during the biafran war, they used to catch lizards,  frogs,  and birds, and roast in the bush(by kindling fire) where he was hiding out with his mother for safety. 

Me:Ewww, I would never eat a lizard, frog or bird

Grandad:Maybe if you were in a situation where hunger and death is staring you in the face, you would. 

Me: I'd rather die from hunger..  heck, even from the soldiers bullet than to eat any of that. 

Grandad :(laughs) knowing you and how picky you are, I know you are dead serious. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Oh wowww sorryyyyyyy 😂

And no I don't eat bats, frogs or monkeys. I have mistakenly eaten a monkey before sha, it was tasty. But it turned out to be the monkey my uncle had brought from the village. I had started to get attached, so it really pained me. 

But grasscutters, wild pigs, antelopes and rabbits are animals I will willingly and happily seat down to 😁

You remind me of African novels 😁 Novels by Chinua Achebe, Florence Nwapa, Buchi Emecheta, Cyprian Ekwensi, etcetera.. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, Txunamy said:

Me: I'd rather die from hunger..  heck, even from the soldiers bullet than to eat any of that. 

May we not experience what is called extreme hunger or famine... we lose our ability to think rationally.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kimi said:

May we not experience what is called extreme hunger or famine... we lose our ability to think rationally.

Amen to that. But hunger would sha not make me eat lizard, ever. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Txunamy said:

Me: I'd rather die from hunger..  heck, even from the soldiers bullet than to eat any of that

May we never know ohhh because, some kine hunger dey induce cannibalism sef.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hawken said:

Love their heads! Crunch crunch! 😁

You Sabi the matter👌🏾

just to prove to crocodiles all over the world that I'm still the bigger animal 😐 😒

😂🤣

Bush meat is everything! 

💯

Hmmn I think mine would be “edible worms” 🤢 I’m not sure what irks me out the most...the name or just the way it looks like a ginormous maggot 🤮 

15 minutes ago, MissBanks said:

like a ginormous maggot 🤮 

Hahaha... that's what they are; very tasty maggots!