Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

kimi

• Moderators

Hadiza, who retraced her steps on Monday, tweeted, “When I posted the tweet below, I assumed it was just the usual Twitter gbas-gbos(banter). Having read the tweets chronologically, I have had conversations with Bello. Never ever should sexual abuse be employed as ammunition in public/ private exchanges, no matter the provocation.”

Bello has been trending on Twitter for ethnic slurs and threats of sexual abuse.

Trouble started after Bello took to Twitter to attack United States President, Donald Trump, over the handling of the COVID-19 pandemic

El-Rufai’s son, however, decided to rain expletives on the man who disagreed with him and also insulted his ethnicity.

He tweeted, “Tell your mother I’m passing her to my friends tonight. No Igbo sounds please! Tueh.”

Not done, the younger el-Rufai sent a private message to Consligiere, saying it was obvious that he was attacking Buhari because he is Igbo.

Read the full article here: Source

• Moderators

On the contrary, I am angry at him. Going by that statement, I am convinced that he has done it before -"passed on a girl to his friends". 

I think we should be angry when there are purported crimes against women. An injury to one, is an injury to all. 

14 minutes ago, kimi said:

On the contrary, I am angry at him. Going by that statement, I am convinced that he has done it before -"passed on a girl to his friends". 

I think we should be angry when there are purported crimes against women. An injury to one, is an injury to all. 

Me saying(writing) that I am not angry at him, doesn't mean I am not angry about his crimes(and yes he has done it before and still doing it)

Its just that I moved on from the anger phase to pity. So yea, I pity him because of who he is. 

I'm actually displeased with how Punch crafted the heading. The truth was that first she justified the threats and said he did nothing wrong, and she didn't see anything about rape in them. When NorthNormal and Arewa MeToo wrote a public letter, asked her to resign from the VAW board and foreign media started carrying the story, she retracked to save face.

Both she, Bello, and Elrufai himself all tweet disgusting things and are in the forefront of pushing in tolerance. Allah ya wade banzan halin su. Tueh!

They have punch in their pockets it seems. Because this is a woman who came and said "all is fair in love and war" when her attention was first drawn to the despicable tweets of her despicable son.