Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

kimi

• Moderators

I couldn't think of a better place to host this subject. 

I am very passionate about Africa and African History and my passion has simply deepened over the years. 

By African, I also refer to those commonly referred to as Blacks and also those who have African as a prefix when filling the ethnicity section.

I would use this space to share some content in the hope that it will evoke a strong sense of heritage. 

By and large, there is an identity crisis in the continent (or among Blacks in general) -one which we can ourselves correct if we know our history and by so doing discover our collective strength. 

• Moderators

So, here's the first of many...

I reckon that anyone who comes to this section is a reader and that naturally takes away the need to summarize literature etc... 

Enjoy! This is a good place to start as it gives a lot of insight into why African history only began to take flight much later rather than earlier. 

https://trafo.hypotheses.org/11518

• Like 1

• Moderators

By the way, if you are into academic papers or research, JSTOR.org is giving free access till June 30th. The implication is that you can read all that you want!

Thank me later. Lol ☻👌🏽

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Althena said:

889 PAGES!

And you can't download, only read online. Ha, what time will we have to ticktock then?

Lol. Look closely. There's a download button (downward pointing arrow) at the top right of the slide show. I downloaded mine. 

• 10 months later...

I am writing a paper on decolonization and this came in handy. Did anyone ever read this book? What resonated with you while reading?

• Like 1

• Moderators

I remember how angry the first few pages made me. Lol.

I skipped through and would find time to read again

• 9 months later...
On 3/17/2021 at 5:43 PM, kimi said:

I remember how angry the first few pages made me. Lol.

I skipped through and would find time to read again

Yes! The first reaction is anger, but a deeper look and reflection reveals a much troubling past where Africa sold itself. Decolonization as a concept question the epistemology of race and racism. To talk about colonialism, as Africans we need to be bold to admit our dark history as well.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, RedSafire said:

Yes! The first reaction is anger, but a deeper look and reflection reveals a much troubling past where Africa sold itself. Decolonization as a concept question the epistemology of race and racism. To talk about colonialism, as Africans we need to be bold to admit our dark history as well.

I'm intrigued by your thoughts about this. Quite correct... 

Done with your paper? It would be interesting to get a peek ☻