Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

• Moderators

It's quite important for me to have quality friends who I can connect with on all levels and who also get me on all those levels. 

7 hours ago, FlyJ said:

How important is having friends in the LGBTQ+ community to you?

It's quite key as long as we share the same core values, which for me are really just kindness, respect and honesty.

I love my chose family and queer friendships.

It's nice having people to be open, honest, and your true self with, talk crushes, heartbreak, family disapproval, keeping secrets, discrimination, monogamy -or not- and all the other things that we deal with as queers. Community of queers are so important...

I also keep some straight friends just to see how those ones function. You know, get out of my amazing bubble every so often and engage with them so I know the amount of work still needed to be done. Cos your friend will say she gets you, she is okay with you, then in the next breath insult gay men and how she 'doesn't get this whole anal sex'. Exhausting, these straight people in our lives

2 hours ago, Althena said:

I love my chose family and queer friendships.

It's nice having people to be open, honest, and your true self with, talk crushes, heartbreak, family disapproval, keeping secrets, discrimination, monogamy -or not- and all the other things that we deal with as queers. Community of queers are so important...

I also keep some straight friends just to see how those ones function. You know, get out of my amazing bubble every so often and engage with them so I know the amount of work still needed to be done. Cos your friend will say she gets you, she is okay with you, then in the next breath insult gay men and how she 'doesn't get this whole anal sex'. Exhausting, these straight people in our lives

Lmao that sounds very zoo like

I treat every lgbt person I meet as family. It's nice to have people you can truly be yourself with, but my friendship with them is mostly on the surface and usually restricted to lgbt ish. 

I don't know how to have deep friendship with women for some reason, and never had a gay friend. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, dreamgal said:

I treat every lgbt person I meet as family. It's nice to have people you can truly be yourself with, but my friendship with them is mostly on the surface and usually restricted to lgbt ish. 

I don't know how to have deep friendship with women for some reason, and never had a gay friend. 

Awwwwwwwh.... it is really good to see you back! You were missed. welcome back 👋🏽

Just now, kimi said:

Awwwwwwwh.... it is really good to see you back! You were missed. welcome back 👋🏽

Thank you kimi

Honestly I connect more with irreligious folks than gay ones. Blaspheming with fellow infidels is more fun for me. The few irreligious queer folks I know, we share and discuss more on our lack of belief than as lgbt members 

It’s cool to have people who understand a different side to you sometimes. 
Important?! 🤔 Well, I guess but not like my life depends on it or something 🤷🏽‍♀️ 

• 2 years later...
On 4/16/2020 at 3:28 PM, dreamgal said:

Wowed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 3:28 PM, dreamgal said:

same here!!