Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Anything Wrong With This?

Hawken

I came across the below tweet on Twitter.

"I hate it when gay women intentionally look for Rich gay women to leech on. I'm not saying don't be with someone financially Stable but will you die if you have your own money?".

And it irritated me. Not because I didn't see some truth in what the poster said but simply because it was unrealistic (imo) and doesn't take into consideration the economic environment in which we live.

If we were to divide the community into wealthy, middle class and poor, and then said they were only allowed to date each other, in no time, the first two groups will run out of people to date.

I personally don't think there's anything wrong in making finance a deciding factor in weather you date someone or not. People do it with beauty, they do it with social status, they do it with education. All these things are currencies. So what's wrong with doing it with money?

Poverty is real. Some people will never even be middle class unless they marry or date up. Everybody understands this in heterosexual relationships. Why is it different in same sex relationships?

I am realizing now that all relationships are transactional. Some are paid in money, others in kind. However we place more "integrity" (no other word was coming to me) on some than others.

• Moderators

Hahahahaha. This is an interesting post.

I am all for having standards and I am fine with dating up if one's motives are right (i.e. genuine feelings of affection etc...) but it becomes a problem when it becomes opportunistic. 

43 minutes ago, Hawken said:

intentionally look for Rich gay women to leech on

This right here I find rather disturbing.

As always, to each her own. Some dig and then find love thereafter. Whichever makes you happy but the question to ask becomes: "how do you think she will feel if she ever found out. Will she stay?"

The simplest way to answer any question really is to put yourself in the other's shoes and ask how you would feel. And if your answer is: "It makes no difference". Then you and I are cut from a different cloth. 

7 minutes ago, kimi said:

Hahahahaha. This is an interesting post.

I am all for having standards and I am fine with dating up if one's motives are right (i.e. genuine feelings of affection etc...) but it becomes a problem when it becomes opportunistic. 

This right here I find rather disturbing.

As always, to each her own. Some dig and then find love thereafter. Whichever makes you happy but the question to ask becomes: "how do you think she will feel if she ever found out. Will she stay?"

The simplest way to answer any question really is to put yourself in the other's shoes and ask how you would feel. And if your answer is: "It makes no difference". Then you and I are cut from a different cloth. 

In the spirit of discussion. One then would ask what are right motives? Isn't morality(read: right) subjective? Does genuine feelings of love trump the basal need for survival?

And to answer your question, I would be hurt as hell. My decision to leave or stay would be dependent on how this woman has treated me over the course of said relationship. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Hawken said:

In the spirit of discussion. One then would ask what are right motives? Isn't morality(read: right) subjective? Does genuine feelings of love trump the basal need for survival?

And to answer your question, I would be hurt as hell. My decision to leave or stay would be dependent on how this woman has treated me over the course of said relationship. 

Hahahahaha. Motives are for each person to decide for themselves. The words in bracket is an example of such a motive. Just plain, I meet a girl, I like her and I would want to be with her. It's never really that complex. 

• Like 1

Just now, kimi said:

Hahahahaha. Motives are for each person to decide for themselves. The words in bracket is an example of such a motive. Just plain, I meet a girl, I like her and I would want to be with her. It's never really that complex. 

Muss be nice oh 😁

• Haha 1

Just now, Bitch said:

Any one who supports Dating rich women only is a leached unreasonable feminist lesbian. 🙅

That's all.

Ha. Okay oh. 🤣 But i don't know what feminist is doing inside there oh

1 minute ago, Hawken said:

Ha. Okay oh. 🤣 But i don't know what feminist is doing inside there oh

Nah Dem nah. Have u not heard of feminist lesbian 😉( abi wait oh, did I make that up)😕

To some extend the lady is right with her opinion. 

There re people who are actually hunting for such woman without bringing anything into the relationship. 

If you are going after rich ladies,  you should be able to bring other values into the relationship that will make the other person not to see you as a leech.

So also there her people also that will leave you because they feel they are not getting enough financial support from you. They may not come out right to say it but their actions will show it.

4 hours ago, MENA said:

To some extend the lady is right with her opinion. 

There re people who are actually hunting for such woman without bringing anything into the relationship. 

If you are going after rich ladies,  you should be able to bring other values into the relationship that will make the other person not to see you as a leech.

So also there her people also that will leave you because they feel they are not getting enough financial support from you. They may not come out right to say it but their actions will show it.

True...

If the other partner is bring f***k all to the relationship, then yes, that's problematic.

4 hours ago, Hawken said:

True...

If the other partner is bring f***k all to the relationship, then yes, that's problematic.

Yeah sex along does not sustain a relationship. If you don't have money, you should be able to look at the areas in your partner's life that you feel she needs help with and try to fill that. Then when she thinks of you, she will feel you add value to her life. You are not for the money.

• Upvote 1

On 4/28/2020 at 3:21 PM, kimi said:

Just plain, I meet a girl, I like her and I would want to be with her. It's never really that complex. 

It’s that simple for me too although I’ve heard about people who do this... every mallam with im own kettle 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Administrators
On 4/28/2020 at 7:16 AM, Hawken said:

I came across the below tweet on Twitter.

"I hate it when gay women intentionally look for Rich gay women to leech on. I'm not saying don't be with someone financially Stable but will you die if you have your own money?"

I agree with the OP.

On 4/28/2020 at 7:16 AM, Hawken said:

I personally don't think there's anything wrong in making finance a deciding factor in weather you date someone or not. People do it with beauty, they do it with social status, they do it with education. All these things are currencies. So what's wrong with doing it with money?

Poverty is real. Some people will never even be middle class unless they marry or date up. Everybody understands this in heterosexual relationships. Why is it different in same sex relationships?

My 2 cents

I think finance should only be a factor between "two" individuals who are in the same economic class, but if you are talking wealthy and poor, then it should not be a deciding factor. 

Why will someone even want to use a relationship to climb up the ladder? Isn't that the same thing as taking advantage of someone?

The truth is most people look for "financially stable" women to leech on without doing anything to improve themselves.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1