Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Not my type

Cutie

"your not my type" 

The first time someone I had been chatting with online for three months and then travelled for holidays back to finally see her told me that, I almost felt like I was not good enough for any one. The thing pain me ehhh😰😔😔😔.

After a while I just laughed it off and moved on. 

I feel the sentence is just too mean and uncalled for. If you think you have feelings for some one and due to one reason or the other you don't think the person is fit for you, why don't you just politely tell them you are not interested in them or been friends with them would be way better than having a relationship than using that goddam words😭

So let me know if anyone has ever said that to you and how did you feel??

Still your favorite host Estar 😍.

• Moderators

Mehn... that phrase is actually a horrible line to use on anyone. Thankfully, no one has said that to me.

I on the otherhand used it once on a guy who stalked the life out of me for 4 good years (i.e. the whole of my uni days). There's no excuse for resorting to that but I felt like my back was against the wall and the only weapon that I could use to get the message through were those words. I remember feeling like shit afterwards *sighs* Good news? He finally stopped.

15 minutes ago, kimi said:

Mehn... that phrase is actually a horrible line to use on anyone. Thankfully, no one has said that to me.

I on the otherhand used it once on a guy who stalked the life out of me for 4 good years (i.e. the whole of my uni days). There's no excuse for resorting to that but I felt like my back was against the wall and the only weapon that I could use to get the message through were those words. I remember feeling like shit afterwards *sighs* Good news? He finally stopped.

Thank God he did. Signs of a psycho

I've never said to anyone nor has it been said to me. But I've been told "I don't like studs" several times. And while it stings, I shrug it off because there are loads of other women who like masculine women. Nothing spoil...

So if anyone is ever insensitive enough to use that exact line on you, shrug it off. You are the spec of a million and one other people (at least) 🤷

While it's okay to have preferences and state that from the onset, "you're not my type" is quite a rude thing to say generally. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bitch said:

Thank God he did. Signs of a psycho

He was actually a very sweet guy. Really sweet but I just wasn't into guys and he wouldn't take no for an answer (or any of my more diplomatic defences). At the time, I had a girlfriend or something equivalent sha. Loool. 

Right now, he probably thinks of me with pity that I never found my type. Hahahahaha. 

1 hour ago, Chilee said:

While it's okay to have preferences and state that from the onset, "you're not my type" is quite a ride thing to say generally.

So your okay if someone said that to you. U won't feel bad.

1 hour ago, kimi said:

He was actually a very sweet guy. Really sweet but I just wasn't into guys and he wouldn't take no for an answer (or any of my more diplomatic defences). At the time, I had a girlfriend or something equivalent sha. Loool. 

Right now, he probably thinks of me with pity that I never found my type. Hahahahaha. 

Lols, he wasn't just the type you were looking for. Poor guy.

4 hours ago, Bitch said:
6 hours ago, Chilee said:

While it's okay to have preferences and state that from the onset, "you're not my type" is quite a rude thing to say generally.

So your okay if someone said that to you. U won't feel bad.

**rude

No one has said that to me; of course I'd feel bad. It's plain rude. There are subtler ways to state preferences except in cases where they wouldn't just keep off like Kimi shared. 

15 hours ago, Hawken said:

I've never said to anyone nor has it been said to me. But I've been told "I don't like studs" several times. And while it stings, I shrug it off because there are loads of other women who like masculine women. Nothing spoil...

So if anyone is ever insensitive enough to use that exact line on you, shrug it off. You are the spec of a million and one other people (at least) 🤷

Awww 😍 chop kiss biko 😘😘😘 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hawken said:

😁😁😁😘😘😘

😲 yassssss 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️ 

• Haha 1

• Administrators
On 5/1/2020 at 1:31 PM, Cutie said:

"your not my type" 

The first time someone I had been chatting with online for three months and then travelled for holidays back to finally see her told me that, I almost felt like I was not good enough for any one. The thing pain me ehhh😰😔😔😔.

After a while I just laughed it off and moved on. 

I feel the sentence is just too mean and uncalled for. If you think you have feelings for some one and due to one reason or the other you don't think the person is fit for you, why don't you just politely tell them you are not interested in them or been friends with them would be way better than having a relationship than using that goddam words😭

So let me know if anyone has ever said that to you and how did you feel??

Still your favorite host Estar 😍.

Lol, @ you laughed it off and moved on. Luckily, no one has ever said that to me, and I have not said that to anyone.

I think there are other polite ways to pass the message.