Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Engagement

Cutie

Alot of relationship I have come to understand must not always end in marriage. For those who are planning for it to, finally get to pop the question and then engage his/her partner. 

What worries me the most is and the question I keep asking myself is... How long is a person supposed to wear an engagement ring????

I find it quite funny when people share their stories online about how they have been engaged close to 2-5 years without any plan of tieing the knot soon, and they are still waiting. Isn't it foolishness??. 

Why put your self through the process of waiting that long when you know your partner is not in any way willing to wed yet.

Wearing an engagement ring to me for that long is just a waste of time and opportunity for you to meet other suitors who are interested in you.

I think anyone who is not yet ready should not engage anyone to be married. And even if you are ready to go down that road, your partner should not be engaged for more than six to eight months at most one year.

Lemme know what you guys think.

Still your favorite host Estar 😍.

5 hours ago, Cutie said:

How long is a person supposed to wear an engagement ring?

I've noticed a great deal of women wearing them along with their wedding bands.

5 hours ago, Cutie said:

I think anyone who is not yet ready should not engage anyone to be married.

I wouldn't plan on being engaged for more than a year. When i propose marriage it will happen soon after.

On 5/14/2020 at 3:59 AM, Michelle said:

I wouldn't plan on being engaged for more than a year. When i propose marriage it will happen soon after.

Definitely

On 5/14/2020 at 3:59 AM, Michelle said:

Definitely

For most lesbians, they don't stay engaged for too long. For me, a couple of months is fine. No one wants to be the lord of the rings.. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Txunamy said:

For most lesbians, they don't stay engaged for too long. For me, a couple of months is fine. No one wants to be the lord of the rings.. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Early this week, l heard over the news of an incident that occurred in Lagos. And how the fiancee of the guy was to trying to defend the guy and she tweeted as an evidance that she knows the guy very well that she is the guys fiancee of 14yrs. People left the fact she was trying to proof and capitalised  on the 14yrs engagement. 

Who dey hell waits for 14yrs?

Anybody that keeps you for that long wouldn't marry you.  Except if is an homosexual relationship then we can say is bcos of the Nigeria factor.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Txunamy said:

Savage things 🤣🤣😂