Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Is Love Really Blind?

FlyJ

• Administrators

love_is_blind_by_andikapatrya.jpg

Is Love Really Blind?

Shakespeare wrote “But love is blind, and lovers cannot see. The pretty follies that themselves commit.” It’s such a romantic quote and might have been true also. But in today’s world do people still believe in it?

I do not think Real Love is blind. An argument of love is blind will make absolute sense if it were worded does love make you blind to everything else? If this were the case, my answer would have been a YES.

Please share your views...

• Moderators

My opinion is sorta mixed, love certainly isn't blind; but I believe love makes us blind (sometimes) to the faults the person we are in love with has. It makes us overlook certain things that would really bother us, if we weren't in love in that person.

PS: I am not talking about physical attributes i.e ass size, breast size, and so on

Just like moresko I hav s mixed feeling about the phrase *Love is blind* I don't necessarily think love is blind, I think that love makes you blind to Everything else around u.. I once read something on love is blind ish ..and It made me the understand that the phrase love is blind has been so frequently misplaced..as been severely misplaced. You do not become blind to the others person faults you simply see them as a part of the reason you love them. Love does, however, cause you to become blind to everything and everyone else around you. Suddenly your nights out with girls or the guys become unimportant. The troubles in life become eased as you have that special someone to turn to help you make things all better again. What others see as tragedies are easier for you to handle because of the person who helps you to see past the small things that, wtih help, can be over looked..

Once you have given your heart to someone and they h

love made me blind... lol. reminds me of Jason derulo song BLIND

love is blind in its own way,u ignore so many flaws so many faults and so many wrongs

Love is never blind and can not be true love that is AGAPE love is pure is perfect it can endure trials and obstacles it can bear up pains but can never be blind to the truth .can never be blind to ill treatment or lust.the only love dat is blind is infatuation love.

Love is never blind and can not be true love that is AGAPE love is pure is perfect it can endure trials and obstacles it can bear up pains but can never be blind to the truth .can never be blind to ill treatment or lust.the only love dat is blind is infatuation love.

hmmmm

• 4 weeks later...

Love is never blind....I don't believe in love at first sight. I believe that love can grow and can die off. How can one say love is blind and that's why she or he is sticking with a lazy person or a cheat? Why do you think you find yourself attracted to someone who finds a way to always make you happy even if you are in a relationship? Love is so not blind.....

Often, I hear people saying that love is blind and that is why they are in relationships they are now. For some reasons I do not believe that love is really blind, and sometimes thing that it does not exist.

People of the same group/class always happen to be in love relationship. For an example, a construction worker (labourer) will only date a person of his/her class. You will never see him/her dating a singer nor a doctor nor a model.

Love is never blind....I don't believe in love at first sight. I believe that love can grow and can die off. How can one say love is blind and that's why she or he is sticking with a lazy person or a cheat? Why do you think you find yourself attracted to someone who finds a way to always make you happy even if you are in a relationship? Love is so not blind.....

I agrEe with you jare!!I'v been looking @ d comments!!and I will never believe Love is blindbiggrin.gif!!I so agree with you on dis 1

I agrEe with you jare!!I'v been looking @ d comments!!and I will never believe Love is blindbiggrin.gif!!I so agree with you on dis 1

Abeggy, which love dey blind ?shey love wey wear glasses. Well sha to some pips oo love is blind, buh to me my love dey wear glasses and e even hold walking stick

Abeggy, which love dey blind ?shey love wey wear glasses. Well sha to some pips oo love is blind, buh to me my love dey wear glasses and e even hold walking stick :P

• 6 months later...

For love to be true it must be blind.For love to be blind it means the vessel through which it flows refuses or chooses not to see undesirable features of their object of affection.

@simpl3 not true. This is the reason,trouble brews after a while.

V.true my lady...It brews trouble especially when the other partner isn't hit by the arrow of love.I am in love with you, but you are not in love with me...I could be blinded by the love and swallow all your sh$$ts,or maybe not.And even if the love is reciprocated,who says true love baggage doesn't come with trouble?

as I would tell anyone, love is a fiction of your imagination. blind or visible, contact lens or eye patch. it be what you want it to be.

• 2 months later...

Love isn't blind. True love sees,hears and breathes. True love communicates its reservations and praise. True love is patient and long suffering. True love bears no regrets....

Am sitting on the fence on this one but if love is blind, then I think both partners shudnt b in love at the same time else they waste their lives like romeo and Juliet.

well l would say Love is blind to an extent , in a situation where the obvious is seen and known but because it involves a dear one, someone whom we love and care for , we tend to close our eyes and ears to the obvious. its not that we can not see or do not hear but for the love we have for such a person, it blinds us from the truth or reality as the case might be . let me give an instance to a failing relationship between two lovers, Lovers A and B. lover A starts to fall out of love and then in the cause of that starts to misbehave in all manner to frustrate lover B , the misbehavior becomes so obvious that mutual friends ( others) to this lovers can see that lover A is no longer interested but because lover B loves and cares so much for lover A , she tends to ignore what she sees or ears even when its before her faces. To some Lover B is foolish ,to some Lover B is deeply in love, and to others lover B is living in denial. but the truth of the matter is that lover B sees everything and hears everything but decided to close eyes and ears to what she sees or hears and decides on what to take in as reality. in that instance , u would clearly see that love is indeed blind but not totally , its just that when in love u decide what to see and what not to see..... This is my opinion .

There's nothing blind about love but infatuation. Love acknowledges a partner's flaws. Its a deep level of understanding and acceptance that goes beyond the 'honeymoon everything is perfect' stage.

Love is peaceful not a rush. lt's genuine, kind. But basically anyone can show kindness, so l'd just say love is the analytical evaluation of the other and a decision to be with them.

What is love really? Isn't it an emotion that comes and goes like every emotion? No emotion is ever permanent I say. The only thing I know makes the expression of blindness in emotional attachments is the expression of our emotions. This is the only thing that makes one turn a blind eye and it's not necessarily when one loves. Is it? You anger can make you wanna walk away from something/someone. Hatred too! Pity can make you overlook the other person's excesses. I have been called a lot of names before, just because I don't express love as 'butterflies in the tummy'! I just don't get that sh*t!

That's me sa. Love is a load of crap, it's punishment but it's the kind that one tend to take as it is. I tried to see it in the general way, but I just found out that it'd only made me confused. Companionship? Yes!! Fun?! Yes!! Love? Ermmm... what is that? It's selfish, untrue and very dependent most of the time. Just needy people looking for an excuse to fulfill the needs of their hearts.

@miss bold, your philosophy is strong o.... Anyways I knw DT ppl Cn fake love. I used to do DT before n it wud amuse me Hw helplessly some chicks fell bk for me. one time, one chick told me," I know you Cnt live without me"..... I just smiled.... still, I believe in love, true love.