Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

living in denial

chishlom

what is the best action to take when someone u are close to is still living in denial?? she keeps saying she's STRAIGHT Bt keeps wanting to make out, keeps getting jealous, keeps asking if i got feelings, at the same time keeps saying "im straight, we could still make out right?

what could be done? ?

• Moderators

First, thinking someone is gay doesn't mean they are gay. If she is gay, leave her alone, everyone's journey to acceptance is different, and we have to respect it whether we like it or not. Don't ask her because it's her personal business, and its considered rude to ask about someone's sexuality.

The difference is this:

"Some people live lives of quiet desperation while some others live lives of noisy fulfilment";but then there are a few who are just in the middle. But then a time will come when those of them in the middle will have to choose which side they belong. In your friend's case,I think you should give her time to choose which it is for her.

thanks, I didn't ask for her sexuality though, she just kept singing AM STRAIGHT!!! well I guess she's passing through some phases, I'll give it time

thanks lady j and moresko

• Moderators

Don't think about it, the most important thing is that she's your friend, her sexuality is a small part of who she is as an individual.

I advise you never take it upon urself to help someone find their sexuality. If things go ugly (even if she wasn't with u when it does) it'll still be blamed on the first person that "introduced" her into it *rolls eyes.*

My first attraction to a girl came about being an experiment to my cousin. But as I tell ppl close to me that knw I'm bi: "if she didn't do it, some other chica wld hv. It was jus something that was meant to happen."

She doesn't even knw I like girls, none of my family do. But If they find out and things go ugly, I'd still protect her and not blame her cuz it's nt her fault. She's over girls, I'm nt. If I wasn't meant to be like this, I'd be over it too.

• 6 years later...
On 11/4/2013 at 9:31 AM, chishlom said:

what is the best action to take when someone u are close to is still living in denial?? she keeps saying she's STRAIGHT Bt keeps wanting to make out, keeps getting jealous, keeps asking if i got feelings, at the same time keeps saying "im straight, we could still make out right?

what could be done? ?

Mind your business.

• Like 1