Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

How Are You Really?

kimi

• Moderators

How have you all really been? Is life back to normal or are you having to adapt to a new normal?

Hang in there... 

• Moderators

I'm doing okay...

Life seems almost normal to me except for the constant usage of nosemasks, sanitizers, thermometers etc... 

My favourite places are now ghost islands. Sad. Level of activity has dropped drastically. Just take outs etc... makes it almost pointless visiting those places anymore.

The streets seem very busy again. It seems traders have taken matters into their own hands and are flouting the market day restrictions (I haven't been to the market but while driving, the level of activities seem to support my assumptions... dunno). 

There's still a 60% restriction enforced at places of work which helps to manage work place population. The good part is the occasional working from home bit and the new level of flexibility that has been built into most corporates (e.g. I schedule virtial meetings for all my external appointments etc...)

In all, I have adapted to my new normal.

• Like 1

I’m good, still adapting. There is the occasional slip up when I rush into a store and I forget my face mask in the car. Obviously, I go back to get it because you know, “Corona is outside”🙃.

I like and do not like the new normal. I like because it allows for flexibility for work and less meetings. I don’t like because I miss going to my favourite places and gisting over a good meal. I know if this goes on till December, people will flout the rules. Oh well, till then. 

Stay safe ladies, wash your hands, sanitize and use your face masks.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Hawken said:

See.

I'm tired.

Pele... hugs. 

It feels like my head would start hurting soon. Why exactly is there terrible traffic today! Sighs... smh

16 minutes ago, kimi said:

Pele... hugs. 

It feels like my head would start hurting soon. Why exactly is there terrible traffic today! Sighs... smh

🤷 I thought today was pub holiday?

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Hawken said:

🤷 I thought today was pub holiday?

It is o...

People travelling for the long weekend perhaps. Sighs. Lol