Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Girl, Some Things Don't Change

kimi

• Moderators

Yups, some things just don't change. Lol. I'll get to it in a sec. Lol

So... typically or better still, stereotypically, girls who work at perfume stores, cosmetic shops and the likes tend to put up a sort of attitude I consider very unnecessary. Lol.

Perhaps, working in those sort of (usually) high-end stores confers upon them a certain air of superiority. In my opinion, it only compensates for a deep seated insecurity. 

It never ceases to amaze me why some store attendants tend to put up an attitude when a bottle of perfume is probably even more than their salary. Smh

Being small minded is such a disease. You just never know who the next customer is -a recruiter, a potential business partner, potential girlfriend. Lol etc... 

• Like 1

Its probably because they size you up to decide if you are likely to buy or not. If you don't pass the assessment, you get an attitude.

Or, they don't want you to assume that because they are a sales girl, you are better than them. This attitude is usually reserved for women lol. I've observed it in different sales/services environment. At the least its amusing, at most irritating.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Hawken said:

This attitude is usually reserved for women lol. I've observed it in different sales/services environment.

Quite sad... smh.

I think you also get it if you "look" like them (age wise) lol. 

At the root of it really is an insecurity; it has everything to do with them. You then see them go gentle and "ma" magically completes sentences when I humbly bring out my status debit card to pay. Lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kimi said:

Quite sad... smh.

I think you also get it if you "look" like them (age wise) lol. 

At the root of it really is an insecurity; it has everything to do with them. You then see them go gentle and "ma" magically completes sentences when I humbly bring out my status debit card to pay. Lol

LOOL true on the looking their age bit.

And yes, total insecurity on their part. Like just work and make your money lol, who cares what people are thinking.

Also, subtle brag LMAOOO

• Haha 1